Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 13-06-2006, 03:09 PM   #61
jspec_sti

If the first statement in this thread is true, there must be some damn fast BA taxi's getting around...
Old 13-06-2006, 03:37 PM   #62
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
The BA & BF have IRS too. Also the BF would have a far better chance due to better gearing than the BA (in the 6 speed auto form) and more power and torque. Also the traction control is fantastic on the BF, which would provide an advantage. Either way the 220 still wins, but comparing it to the BF is yet another kettle of fish.
Why is it another kettle of fish ? Wouldn't worry me in my old 220 or my current old AU ?
You BAF lovers are vewy funny sensitive ppl because it should be the latest and greatest :Reverend:Oh god did I say that :
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 13-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #63
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Why is it another kettle of fish ? Wouldn't worry me in my old 220 or my current old AU ?
You BAF lovers are vewy funny sensitive ppl because it should be the latest and greatest :Reverend:Oh god did I say that :
If we are going to compare apples with apples lets compare the BOSS motor and the Windsor and the BA182/190 and the INTECH motors.

Did I hear you say latest and greatest? Because you would be right.
Old 13-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #64
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

I am comparing what was asked in the first post, a 220 against a BAF I6 nothing more nothing less.....
My stock wheezer against a stock boss I like that....
Old 13-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #65
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
I explained exactly why it's different, why ask me again ? The BA & BF have completely different transmissions, and have slightly different internals, different power levels and different torque levels, upgraded traction control which feeds the power better. There is also weight differential. Not sure why i'm having to repeat that..

Secondly you may wish to read the part where i typed "Either way the 220 still wins" so why you're stating that you wouldn't be worried i don't know..

Thirdly the original post was comparing an AU 220 to a Ba, not a BF.

Clear now ? :
Old 13-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #66
janek
Ripping it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
yeah.. right. And your best ET in a road car is?
GO HARD SON!

lol. I love the 6. We are lucky to have the vct casper, We both know they hammer pretty damned hard but you do have to admit, the sound of a v8 craps all over the sound of a 6, even if it doesnt go as well
Old 13-06-2006, 06:17 PM   #67
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
I explained exactly why it's different, why ask me again ? The BA & BF have completely different transmissions, and have slightly different internals, different power levels and different torque levels, upgraded traction control which feeds the power better. There is also weight differential. Not sure why i'm having to repeat that..

Secondly you may wish to read the part where i typed "Either way the 220 still wins" so why you're stating that you wouldn't be worried i don't know..

Thirdly the original post was comparing an AU 220 to a Ba, not a BF.

Clear now ? :
Hello

afaik why bother :
Old 13-06-2006, 08:38 PM   #68
shepv8
V8's for ever

THATS IT. no more, enough is enough. Im going to buy a BA XR6 and have 1 of each so no matter which side is right, I'll still have the "quickest" car!!!
Old 13-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #69
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Why don't some off you blokes just pull your 's out and start measuring, lol.
Old 13-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #70
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I am comparing what was asked in the first post, a 220 against a BAF I6 nothing more nothing less.....
My stock wheezer against a stock boss I like that....
Your AU 220 against a BOSS 260
Your AU 250 Against a BOSS 290

No sarcasm at all , that would be an interesting comparison.
Old 13-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #71
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Bah, question has been answered and I dont like a title with "BA" in it in the AU Forums.. invites in the riffraff :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread