Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-01-2006, 10:58 PM   #31
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
There's nothing more they could do to make it stand out
Sorry gonna have to disagree here. While there are superficial similarities in the front ends on both cars, there are serious improvements to be made on the XR5. Firstly, those plastic grilles on the XR5 are not even close to the brilliant metal FPV grilles (that show off the intercooler), let’s face it. Some may think it’s ****y, but I love the look of an intercooler in the lower grille of a car, it just screams performance to me.

The Lights could definitely be improved - either black casing as seen on the Zetec, or even old school XR falcon style (I guess they'd be a bit like Morette's).

Oh, and then there's the wheels... no need for 19's but anything other than those factory ones is gonna be an improvement (sorry just can't bring myself to like them).

It probably sounds strange that I'm being quite critical of a car that I have just bought, but I think while Ford seem to have got the performance spot on, they could have done better with some of the styling aspects. Having said that, I still think it looks good, just that there is lotsa room for improvement that's all.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 11:33 PM   #32
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Melbzetec has a point, I'm just somewhat of a purist in terms of Euro fords... FPV-ising a Focus just makes it more Australian which is good for sales and not so good for heritage... I'd cry if an RS was branded an FPV, I really would. Anything even so small as a different brand of lightglobe in a factory Focus RS would be pure and utter sacrilege... at least in my opinion. They're Fast Fords, small Fords, Eurofords. XR5 Turbo is a brilliant idea and will do well but I initially had to get over the fact that the uber-cool ST name wasn't coming. Sadly the uneducated masses in Australia just don't seem to know much about cars outside of Australia... the XR5 Turbo name is brilliant, but they can't kill RS... please no.

Polyal... I'm with you!!!

Orsest170, you're still the only person on the entire planet who I know of that doesn't like those rims!!!!!
Old 30-01-2006, 11:38 PM   #33
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Its pretty simple really.

You obviously like the car, so just go aftermarket to "improve' it.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 08:02 AM   #34
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsest170
Firstly, those plastic grilles on the XR5 are not even close to the brilliant metal FPV grilles (that show off the intercooler), let’s face it. Some may think it’s ****y, but I love the look of an intercooler in the lower grille of a car, it just screams performance to me.

The Lights could definitely be improved - either black casing as seen on the Zetec, or even old school XR falcon style (I guess they'd be a bit like Morette's).
Those grills on the Typhoon were first seen on the Fiesta RS Concept car, whilst they do look great they are not a brilliant FPV invention.

Agree 100% on the lights
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 07:56 PM   #35
karl74

Hey OrseST170 because we are good mates i will take those Rims off you free of charge. I don't want to see any mate of mine driving around with rims that they don't like. I know, i know there's no need to thank me.
karl74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #36
New2Focus
LS LX Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsest170
Oh, and then there's the wheels... no need for 19's but anything other than those factory ones is gonna be an improvement (sorry just can't bring myself to like them).
Totally agree, orsest170 - I keep thinking of the 'Sharps Waste' symbol when I see a pic.

And those 'carbon' front and rear foglight surrounds look totally naff.

Each to their own, I suppose.
New2Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 11:50 PM   #37
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl74
Hey OrseST170 because we are good mates i will take those Rims off you free of charge. I don't want to see any mate of mine driving around with rims that they don't like. I know, i know there's no need to thank me.
....Your a funny man Karl...I got a better idea - How about I sell them to ya? How's $700 sound (just the rims of course)? I gotta make some money on them otherwise I'll be well outta pocket when I put new rims on it.

That's a bargain btw, I guarantee Ford will charge somewhere in the vicinity of $600 per rim for them.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post