Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #1
perox

Default 3kg camping LPG bottle - No regulator?

Hi all, just after some advice. I picked up a small camping LPG bottle assuming it was going work exactly the same as my 9kg bottle with a regulator. The 3kg bottle is for a 2 burner stove which doesnt need a regulator, so Ive connector the hose, opened the valve and lets just say "I'm not cooking with fire".

It has a bleed screw?, a open/close valve and a little red plastic tag opposite the valve with "safety hands off" written on it. Im assuming I should leave that little plastic tag in place but do i need to adjust the screw on the side of the bottle connection tap?

Cant work out why its not lighting, and yes, the bottle is full haha.

Thanks
perox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2015, 09:23 PM   #2
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Default Re: 3kg camping LPG bottle - No regulator?

STAND BACK!!! Boooooooooom!

Mate... Please please turn the bottle off and find someone that knows what they've bloody doing to sort it out!!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #3
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by perox View Post
Hi all, just after some advice. I picked up a small camping LPG bottle assuming it was going work exactly the same as my 9kg bottle with a regulator. The 3kg bottle is for a 2 burner stove which doesnt need a regulator, so Ive connector the hose, opened the valve and lets just say "I'm not cooking with fire".

It has a bleed screw?, a open/close valve and a little red plastic tag opposite the valve with "safety hands off" written on it. Im assuming I should leave that little plastic tag in place but do i need to adjust the screw on the side of the bottle connection tap?

Thanks
The screw your talking about is the air bleed screw. That is only used to show the person refilling the bottle when the bottle has reached the full level. Don't undo that as you will only lose gas :( Can you actually smell gas when you try to ignite the cooker ? If not try connecting it up to your 9kg bottle first and see if that works. If not it sounds like the gas stove could be faulty :( Don't mess with it, if it won't work take it back where you bought it from (if you can) and get them to check it out !!
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2015, 11:41 AM   #4
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
STAND BACK!!! Boooooooooom!

Mate... Please please turn the bottle off and find someone that knows what they've bloody doing to sort it out!!

Ahhh, isn't that what he is doing by asking here for some help?
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #5
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If in doubt just get an in-law to light it.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2015, 05:36 PM   #6
CJR09
RPO 77

possibly wrong type of bottle connector - post up some pic's, not all connections are the same

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2015, 05:47 PM   #7
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by perox View Post

Thanks
sounds like the wrong male connector is fitted, the 3kg bottle has a needle valve in the centre.

the male connector has an offset hole to allow the gas flow while holding open the needle valve.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2015, 06:44 PM   #8
perox

my male lead has the centered needle valve but looking the bottle, its hole is off center and towards the open/close valve. So im guessing the lead and bottle dont match?.

There is no smell of gas when turning it on but when I undid the bleed screw a bit there was a tiny hiss that lasted a second and thats all.
perox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post