Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-08-2015, 10:05 AM   #1
OzPat

Default Last AU Off Of Production Line?

Does anyone know when the Last AU rolled off of the production line, or when the first BA did? I only ask because i'm interested to see how close my AU is to the end of production date. I have tried Google with no luck.

2001 AUII Ford Fairmont
-Injected LPG
-5L V8
-Sunroof
-Tickford Suspension & Headers
-FG G6E 18"s
-Altezza Headlights
-Woodgrain Shifter
OzPat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2015, 10:37 AM   #2
T MAN

Default Re: Last AU Off Of Production Line?

it was either aug or oct 2002
T MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2015, 12:10 PM   #3
Spurious

Contact ford customer service. They should be able to provide a pretty accurate date.

I say "pretty accurate" as most often the new & old models will overlap. Ie: the last few AU3's would roll out as the B series was being started. They might overlap by a week or 2, I could be dead wrong though.

I know that between the AU, AU2 & AU3, THEY did overlap on the production line, but might be unlikely with a newer model though.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2015, 12:12 PM   #4
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Here

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...d&model=Falcon

Looks like September 2002 with Tickford not long after for the T series.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2015, 06:22 PM   #5
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasmanWW View Post
Contact ford customer service. They should be able to provide a pretty accurate date.

I say "pretty accurate" as most often the new & old models will overlap. Ie: the last few AU3's would roll out as the B series was being started. They might overlap by a week or 2, I could be dead wrong though.

I know that between the AU, AU2 & AU3, THEY did overlap on the production line, but might be unlikely with a newer model though.
I would not have thought there would be overlap between completely different models? If anything, I wondered if the line might stop for a few days whilst they re-tooled for the new model? I don't know how flexible the line is?

But you could be right? Its entirely possible that whilst they are still producing AU's they run a few BA's through to check that everything works...
Old 08-08-2015, 03:55 PM   #6
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

September 2002 is when BA first started. So I would assume early September 2002 is when the last AU went off the line.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2015, 10:06 PM   #7
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
I would not have thought there would be overlap between completely different models? If anything, I wondered if the line might stop for a few days whilst they re-tooled for the new model? I don't know how flexible the line is?

But you could be right? Its entirely possible that whilst they are still producing AU's they run a few BA's through to check that everything works...
There's a lot of overlap. They would build hundreds of the new model while the old model is still building. It ramps up slowly a few weeks before the old model is completely finished.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post