Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-10-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
rednaxelar
Starter Motor

Default need help please!!!

hello every one!
I have just recently purchased an automatic AU XR8 99 model, paid way too much but thats the price ya pay when you dont want to buy a boring old commodore!!!
Any way my problem is this when i test drove the car it was fine(i even took it for two test drives),but then two or three weeks later when i start the car and then drive off car somehow falls out of gear but only when then engines cold,it doesnt fall out of gear when the engine is warm...then when im driving along in between up gear changes sometimes the engine revs way past where it should to change gears and when it does i get "clunk" sound and the car jolts....
if anyone could please help me out cos i dont know if its the gearbox or diff so an experienced mind would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Thanks!!!

rednaxelar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 07:23 PM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the forums. The best bet I think if your after an answer is to post this in the AU Falcon section. There is a wealth of information in that thread. Ask one of the Admin team like Laminge to move your thread there. Good luck
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
Paddy71
Sillouette MkII XR8

I had a 6cyl AU2 and the problem your having sounds like a problem I had with my car. The transmission oil was low in mine causing the problems you're refering to,...ford will want to charge you a couple of hundred dollars to plug in to their u beaut gearbox oil recycler doovalacky. I just got them to top up the oil in mine and it was fine.

Neutral Turf for Now - '06 GLXR 3.2lt Turbo Diesel Triton

FPV & XR OWNERS CLUB OF ACT (Inc)
Paddy71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 09:21 PM   #4
Tiges
Keeping Wombats Dead

Get them to flush your transmission system and tell them the problem you're having with the hard shifts. If its the problem I'm thinking off, its the S5 solenoid that needs replacing too

2003 BA XR6 Turbo-White
210.4rwkw(stock)

Tiges is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #5
Dannopower
The Mandarin Monster

Definately sounds your transmission is low on fluid for a start.

If it has trouble with colder transmission temperatures and seems to rev up and clunk into gear, its possibly just low on fluid. It wouldnt do it when its warmer, as the fluid becomes a little more viscous when its hot and allows the transmission to build up pressure.

Try topping it up and see how that goes! Might be a really cheap fix!

288rwkw of EDIT POWER
Go You Good Thing!!
Click here for the FPV and XR Club ACT Website
Dannopower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post