Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 01-09-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Default Im Back

Gday Guys and Gals , Back on the Road FINALLY and EXPENIVELY !

Went to Harveys Self Serve Wreckers and Got a Gearbox ( for those latecomers , My Gearbox Exploded , no seriously it did ) Got my Mechanic Steve at the Repco Shop to put it in at $66 an hour , And it was faulty , so 2 hours to pull the Blown one out , 2 hours to put the faulty one in , 2 Hours to Pull the Faulty one out and 2 hours to put a Good on in , Yeah You do the Maths , Plus I asked him to Change a few Hoses behind the Carby and Just Give the Engine a Clean so Cost of Hoses , Oil , Tranny Fluid x6 Bottles of Dexron III , and 2 clamps plus 1 hour Labour , Totaled Up to $748.25 and the Gearbox was $290 so Grand total of $1038.25 on a ing AR Telstar TX5 , :

Ahh Well at least im back on the Road , Going to Change the Dizzy Cap , Leads , Plugs and All Other Hoses and Give it a Full Radiatior Cleanout Next Weekend ,

Oh Yeah , Wanted to ask , Anyone know where i can get a Stock TX5/626 Turbo and Manifold From ? Im Sick of Looking and Wogs at Autobarn and SupaCrap always say 'Get a WRX One' , Eat my *** , i just want to know if anyone has info on where to get em ?

And Another Thing , Any Victorians In here With TX5s/Probes/Meteors Get Down to the Dyno Day at Cranbourne , So we can meet up and discuss all these lovley Problems we have !

Later guys,

Red

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 03:29 PM   #2
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

our loacal wrecker has a couple of 626 turbos.
what model is you TX5??
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #3
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedjay
what model is you TX5??

1986 AS/AR TX5

Cheers

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post