Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
borry
Now With 2 Cylinders More

Default AU Starting Dramas

Gday guys,

about a week ago, I jumped in the ute as usual (AUII XLS 302) it started, then died. Started, then died. Then would not start at all. I disconnected the battery, left it for 5, reconnected it, waiting 20 mins and presto, started no dramas.

Its doing it to me again this morning..

Now it "seems" to be a problem with the immobiliser ? as once it starts it will run perfectly fine. The starter solenoid isnt trying to click over, the battery has plenty of grunt (itll turn over no dramas otherwise) and I cant seem to find any other faults.

So. If this is the case, what is the answer ?

The only other problem I can think of, is that when i bought the ute (+/-6 months ago) there was a problem with the ignition barrel. I got that replaced, and it came along with a new (non ford) generic key. So I can only assume the new key has a new battery in it also ?

Bit stumped... and grumpy, as I was about to go out... and now I cant

borry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
borry
Now With 2 Cylinders More

Default Re: AU Starting Dramas

seems i have it down to being a faulty BCM. any info on changing one ? getting one ? getting on scanned to suit the existing ECU etc ?
borry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
mongrelEF
Bugger!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always offers competent advice. Always willing to help out in person. Never negative towards another. Always respectful. Always offers viable suggestions for solutions. 
Default Re: AU Starting Dramas

This should answer all questions:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...article&id=765