Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
borry
Now With 2 Cylinders More

Default AU Starting Dramas

Gday guys,

about a week ago, I jumped in the ute as usual (AUII XLS 302) it started, then died. Started, then died. Then would not start at all. I disconnected the battery, left it for 5, reconnected it, waiting 20 mins and presto, started no dramas.

Its doing it to me again this morning..

Now it "seems" to be a problem with the immobiliser ? as once it starts it will run perfectly fine. The starter solenoid isnt trying to click over, the battery has plenty of grunt (itll turn over no dramas otherwise) and I cant seem to find any other faults.

So. If this is the case, what is the answer ?

The only other problem I can think of, is that when i bought the ute (+/-6 months ago) there was a problem with the ignition barrel. I got that replaced, and it came along with a new (non ford) generic key. So I can only assume the new key has a new battery in it also ?

Bit stumped... and grumpy, as I was about to go out... and now I cant

borry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
borry
Now With 2 Cylinders More

Default Re: AU Starting Dramas

seems i have it down to being a faulty BCM. any info on changing one ? getting one ? getting on scanned to suit the existing ECU etc ?
borry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
mongrelEF
Bugger!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always offers competent advice. Always willing to help out in person. Never negative towards another. Always respectful. Always offers viable suggestions for solutions. 
Default Re: AU Starting Dramas

This should answer all questions:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...article&id=765