Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
ROLLI
KEEPUP

Default TNT Post

Does anyone know how long it will take a package to get to Australia from the Netherlands coming on TNT Post?

Cheers James

Old 10-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
WAR40T
EL GHIA LIFE

Shouldn't take too long, should be less than a week. I used to work for tnt. Freight time wasn't to bad. You should have a con note number or tracking number to keep an eye on its travel time.

HERITAGE GREEN EL GHIA, ROH MODENA WHEELS, /////ALPINE AUDIO, PEDDERS XA COILOVER'S
WAR40T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
ROLLI
KEEPUP

Yeah its registered mail by TNT Post so I have a tracking number it says it has been sent to country of destination which is here. So im guessing Aus Post will deliver it at this end? Been a week today so hopefully next week before wednesday cos its a bday present for the mrs lol

Cheers mate
Old 16-12-2010, 02:11 AM   #4
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLI
Yeah its registered mail by TNT Post so I have a tracking number it says it has been sent to country of destination which is here. So im guessing Aus Post will deliver it at this end? Been a week today so hopefully next week before wednesday cos its a bday present for the mrs lol

Cheers mate
Did you get it yet?

Aus Post shouldn't do anything... TNT is an end to end international freight company. It's got a massive domestic network in Aus, so it should get delivered by them.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
ROLLI
KEEPUP

Nah not yet! Mrs was shattered lol It was sent as registered post....TNT Post is Netherlands equivalant to our Aus Post so they deliver it to Aus Post over here then they take care of it. I spoke to Aus Post on tuesday they do have it just going through checking and say maybe by friday. So fingers crossed it comes tomorrow.
Could have gone with Courier option but they wanted like $80 compared to Free Shipping. Yeah I know im a tight *** haha
Old 16-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #6
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Australia post seems to be quite slow. When getting stuff from England its always about a 2 week wait last time (some sneakers) it was 3 weeks to the day. Sending stuff the other way is always quicker. I put to down to the strict customs here and what you are and are not allowed to bring into the country and this time of year id imagine they are rather busy.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
ROLLI
KEEPUP

Yeah its cheaper on the net but always takes time cant win haha I ordered fifa11 from asia was on my door step in 2 days so go figure....
Old 16-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

it is Xmas time though...

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #9
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Good stuff you are not getting it from the U.S I have 11 models that are being sent priority mail. They were scanned as leaving the U.S on the 4th, still not in Aus. Aus post said everything leaving the U.S is extremely delayed because of security screening after thos bombing attempts using toner cartridges. Apparantly even express items are taking 3 weeks. So I won't hold my breath I see them before chrissy. Also I hope Customs checks your parcel quick. They had one of mine from the 3rd of december and it was only passed through last friday.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #10
ROLLI
KEEPUP

Well good news it just arrived in perfect condition!
Old 16-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #11
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That sucks man :(
Old 16-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #12
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLI
Well good news it just arrived in perfect condition!
Good news