Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 03:31 PM   #1
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

This whole thing could be done and dusted in this country if people just do the right thing for a few weeks.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 03:46 PM   #2
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got a question guys.

If Australia was virus free with our external boarders fully locked down and only allowing people in via a strict quarantine regime say a Month with ongoing testing is there any downside by not interacting with the rest of the World?

With that in place all internal restrictions could go & everyone could get back to normal.

We could do without tourism, overseas uni students and international travel although it could still take place via quarantine.

Got me thinking, I wonder if we will see a World divided by clean & dirty countries.
Clean countries could still interact with each other without restriction so long as they had the same external border controls.

People could still leave they would just have to go though the mill to get back in.

Serious question, could we do that?
Old 12-04-2020, 03:55 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post

If Australia was virus free with our external boarders fully locked down and only allowing people in via a strict quarantine regime say a Month with ongoing testing is there any downside by not interacting with the rest of the World?

With that in place all internal restrictions could go & everyone could get back to normal.

We could do without tourism, overseas uni students and international travel although it could still take place via quarantine.

Got me thinking, I wonder if we will see a World divided by clean & dirty countries.
Clean countries could still interact with each other without restriction so long as they had the same external border controls.

People could still leave they would just have to go though the mill to get back in.

It wouldn't be possible from an economic perspective because of the global supply chain and Australia's dependency on trade with China.

Our universities are built around educating foreign students, they're cash cows on full fee paying hundreds of thousands.
Old 12-04-2020, 04:24 PM   #4
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:

Huge changes await for people traveling, I would suggest that there will need to be a globally agreed standards/certification before allowing anyone to travel from one country to another. You’ll need 100% proof that you’re virus free before stepping onto a plane. The days of ‘open’ travel are over at least for the next 2-5 years. I’m of the opinion the cruise ship industry is sunk.

The big task to is keep australia spinning and to do so we need spare parts for cars, trucks, machinery, technology, telecommunications etc. Many of these items are made in China.

There would still be hundreds of thousands of people unable to work because they are/were employed in the global supply and demand of goods and services which will take months to restore.

Also there are already strong recriminations against China, extracting oneself from China will be a long and costly process. IMO long term China is finished, companies will be instructed to cease Chinese manufacturing operations and come on-shore or find divergent manufacturing.

Last edited by cheap; 12-04-2020 at 04:42 PM.
Old 13-04-2020, 12:40 PM   #5
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Huge changes await for people traveling, I would suggest that there will need to be a globally agreed standards/certification before allowing anyone to travel from one country to another. You’ll need 100% proof that you’re virus free before stepping onto a plane. The days of ‘open’ travel are over at least for the next 2-5 years. I’m of the opinion the cruise ship industry is sunk.
This is what the WHO, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and likely the Australian Government at the direction of Health and the pharmaceutical industry are pushing for. A vaccine ID card or profile.

Won't happen while the Attorney General of the US, Bill Barr is vehemently against it. I can't see it happening unless it's introduced world wide as it will cause discrepancies, and then friction, between countries.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 04:37 PM   #6
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:

Its a pity Australia didn't do this straight up, close international borders instead of state ones but greed won.

This user likes this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 04:46 PM   #7
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Its a pity Australia didn't do this straight up, close international borders instead of state ones but greed won.
Tassie were best handling this quickly and pro-actively.

Still hasn't stopped cases but yes i think other States slow to react.
Old 13-04-2020, 09:01 AM   #8
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
All countries have made really basic mistakes that the general public cant understand

You just expect these professionals to have it all under control....but theyre so disconnected with reality they forget about some basic fundamental

In NZ weve been in complete lock down for a couple of weeks ....its crippling businesses , i think its the right thing to do , i think our governments been really good doing most things right.....except for the most important part weve been letting kiwis come home and just saying to them you must self isolate at home .....WTF , itsonly in the last few days after intense criticism have they relented and quarantined everyone

unbeleivable in all this time weve been importing the virus and just relying on people to do the right thing ...all because it was too expensive to quarantine from the start ......now the cost will be sooooo much greater

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
2 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2020, 09:23 AM   #9
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
All countries have made really basic mistakes that the general public cant understand

You just expect these professionals to have it all under control....but theyre so disconnected with reality they forget about some basic fundamental

In NZ weve been in complete lock down for a couple of weeks ....its crippling businesses , i think its the right thing to do , i think our governments been really good doing most things right.....except for the most important part weve been letting kiwis come home and just saying to them you must self isolate at home .....WTF , itsonly in the last few days after intense criticism have they relented and quarantined everyone

unbeleivable in all this time weve been importing the virus and just relying on people to do the right thing ...all because it was too expensive to quarantine from the start ......now the cost will be sooooo much greater
With greatest respect ..None of us really know what the right thing is ..Nobody knows yet . The only thing we can know for sure is that .

A lot of experts are now questioning the overall best approach until a vaccine comes along . Most medical epidemic organisations seem to think that there is a big chance there could be a second wave or more of the virus and by locking down initially might make a potential future wave worse than the first . Not unless every single case is detected now . That's virtually impossible as I understand it.
Not one person on the planet really knows what is the best approach yet I think .

Last edited by roddy1960; 13-04-2020 at 09:28 AM.
Old 13-04-2020, 09:52 AM   #10
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
With greatest respect ..None of us really know what the right thing is ..Nobody knows yet . The only thing we can know for sure is that .

A lot of experts are now questioning the overall best approach until a vaccine comes along . Most medical epidemic organisations seem to think that there is a big chance there could be a second wave or more of the virus and by locking down initially might make a potential future wave worse than the first . Not unless every single case is detected now . That's virtually impossible as I understand it.
Not one person on the planet really knows what is the best approach yet I think .
True ...but allowing people to go home and self isolate....and trusting them not to not mix with family and friends when your whole country is in lock down is a no brainer .....you either do lockdown isolation or you dont , at least with lockdown /isolation your health system has a chance with gradual infestation
If you dont arent you going to get swamped health systems and mass deaths like NY, Italy, Spain etc ?

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 03:52 PM   #11
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

E: Big picture view:
No, because Australia's economy is based on tourism,overseas students and international travel and goods.

We have nothing besides that. Our own populous can't support are own industries so we don't have much secondary industry either. Even if we're clean we rely too much on the rest of the world for goods (selling and buying). What ships or aircraft would come here if we held them up and disinfected/quarantined them for lengthy delays? What customer would buy stuff from b&m retailers if they had to wait weeks for it to come from overseas?
Old 12-04-2020, 04:22 PM   #12
MercuryT
Banned

Interesting how Woolies sold out of most stock yet my local grocery store has pretty much everything.

Strange times.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:20 PM   #13
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Surely we can send and receive freight without human interactions, we're probably doing it now.
Uni students could quarantine for a month or go to a virus ridden country, their choice, same for tourists.
I called for a border lockdown 15/2/20 in the other thread, we had 5 cases at that time.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:03 PM   #14
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/04/0....activity.Mail
Old 12-04-2020, 06:12 PM   #15
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Bill Gates came to save us all,
Every country big and small,
Made a vaccine, along with a chip,
Goes under the skin, in the L hip,
Now all sheep, w/o any borders,
Welcome one, welcome all, to the New World Order.

BTW, he’s not very popular in India, the Indians haven’t forgotten the vaccine induced polio epidemic there.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 06:17 PM   #16
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post

BTW, he’s not very popular in India, the Indians haven’t forgotten the vaccine induced polio epidemic there.
Too late, I think most of us already have the chip from immunisation. Everytime I go near my radio it interferes with it. I mustn't have got a CE checked one.

3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 06:33 PM   #17
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

re Europe... This is a bit of a read but it's interesting how Germany has fared better than pretty much all their neighbours

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/w...eath-rate.html

.According to this at least they've had nowhere near the fatality rate than most despite well over 100,000 cases now . Even better than South Korea too which is lauded as a leader in Asia. We're roughly half the rate of them at the minute . South Korea about 1.8% , Germany 1.6% and we're still less than 1%. We must be doing something right I guess .
Old 13-04-2020, 07:28 AM   #18
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Are you an anti vaxer too?

911 truther?

Chemtrails?

The Internet provides a platform that supports pretty much any whacky theory or belief.
Like minded people are drawn in and then begin to feel that their once crazy theory or feeling is actually correct.
You claim to know the truth but are vague or outright avoiding in many of your responses when asked for info or links.
6 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2020, 07:43 AM   #19
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post

You claim to know the truth but are vague or outright avoiding in many of your responses when asked for info or links.
There is quite a few on here like that..........
6 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2020, 12:54 PM   #20
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
No, we were all for vaccines up until my son at 10 weeks of age nearly died from his 8 week shots. Satisfied?

The problem with you low IQ folk is you believe the garbage peddled by Mockingbird media and you consume it like the good lemmings you are.

It's patently clear from your ramblings your incapable of doing research beyond what provides your with confirmation bias, and what 'fact checked' information you find.
Old 13-04-2020, 01:20 PM   #21
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
No, we were all for vaccines up until my son at 10 weeks of age nearly died from his 8 week shots. Satisfied?

The problem with you low IQ folk is you believe the garbage peddled by Mockingbird media and you consume it like the good lemmings you are.

It's patently clear from your ramblings your incapable of doing research beyond what provides your with confirmation bias, and what 'fact checked' information you find.
So your son had a reaction to a vaccine. Does that mean everyone will have a reaction to a vaccine? If everyone stopped taking vaccinations, you will watch the human mortality rise through the roof.
3 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2020, 01:31 PM   #22
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
you low IQ folk
Pot kettle black

Quote:
It's patently clear from your ramblings
You're incapable of rational thought - you've been burned and thats ok - no need for the bigotry holding everyone with such contempt

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

4 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2020, 01:54 PM   #23
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:

I admit, you're probably right about the low IQ, but even with low IQ, I can differentiate between the use of your and you're in a simple sentence...smart guy...
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 07:46 PM   #24
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From Twitter RelaxedQLDer

#Perspective #COVID__19 #WuhanVirus

>300,000 cases of influenza in Australia in 2019.

>900 deaths (0.3%) recorded in 2019.

~20,000 cases of influenza so far (before season).

>6000 cases of #WuhanVirus in 2020 here. 60 deaths. $300B+ sucked out of our economy.

Perspective...
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 08:52 PM   #25
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Covid 19 -

Deep state nut job theorists debunked...

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-most...virus-debunked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 09:12 PM   #26
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

If you want to read the actual report published on the 16th March that made Trump change his attitude on Covid-19, you can read it here.

It's fairly technical, but shows what could have happened in the US, if action was not taken.

Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf
Old 12-04-2020, 09:21 PM   #27
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post

“Debunked”..

The first reference is to information provided from the WHO...

Don’t think that will be a source that will settle down alternative theory’s in the current climate.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 10:00 PM   #28
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
“Debunked”..

The first reference is to information provided from the WHO...

Don’t think that will be a source that will settle down alternative theory’s in the current climate.
Agreed.

The photo below is of Tedros Adhanom, Director General of the World Health Organization shaking hands with Chinese President Xi Jinping before a meeting on January 28, 2020 in Beijing, China. Well after the Coronavirus had been released to the entire world. Have a look at the body language and tell me who is the puppy dog here? China has had the W.H.O. under it's thumb for decades.

5 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2020, 09:31 PM   #29
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
China has had the W.H.O. under it's thumb for decades.
Proof?

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6149170157001
Old 13-04-2020, 12:43 PM   #30
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post

Yep, seems legit, it's from a credible source, SBS
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread