Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Default Joys of cars

Had planned on going for a drive to visit some mates who live bit over an hour away. I filled the car with a full tank and about 15km out of town all of a sudden i had no power steering. I pulled up straight away and was trying to figure out what was happening. Looked down and the belt had come off. The harmonic balancer was sitting way forward and out of line. I just thought to myself "Fire truck". So had some tools in the car like always and pulled off the power steering cover and pulled out the thermo fans to get a better look. It appears the rubber in the harmo is stuffed and allowed the outer piece to slide forward. I tapped it back into place with a hammer and put the belt back on and drove it steadily back home. There was not even a slight hint of anything wrong with the harmo like no shaking or anything it happened out of no where. So now I have to chase down a new belt and harmo and hope thats all that needs replacing.

Out of all the cars that came past only one bloke stopped to see if we were ok.

something always has to happen when you want to go somewhere.

Anyway rant over..

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post