Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #1
347Stroker
Banned

Default Yard torn up by tree removalists

What would you do?

I have had some trees fell in the yard in preparation for the shed, and basically have 4 very large iron bark logs about 20m in length in the yard.
I contacted Enrights Saw Mill of Beaudesert QLD to come and remove the logs.
All was going well untill he was leaving, loaded with the logs, and got bogged.
Well, it just got worse and worse.
They got another truck in, and tried to remove him, but that didnt work, then they tried with the Hiab, nope, now down to the axle....
Finally, they left the truck on my property overnight, and removed it with a crane at just before 7 this morning.
Now I have 4 logs in a different spot in my yard, and some huge trenches where they dragged the truck out.
They claim its my fault....

What do you think?

347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 10:47 AM   #2
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Stroker
What would you do?

I have had some trees fell in the yard in preparation for the shed, and basically have 4 very large iron bark logs about 20m in length in the yard.
All was going well untill he was leaving, loaded with the logs, and got bogged.
They got another truck in, and tried to remove him, but that didnt work, then they tried with the Hiab, nope, now down to the axle....
Finally, they left the truck on my property overnight, and removed it with a crane at just before 7 this morning.
Now I have 4 logs in a different spot in my yard, and some huge trenches where they dragged the truck out.

What do you think?
Photographs & small claims......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 11:05 AM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

thats not on mate. no way thats your fault....

the seccond they realised they were gonna get bogged they should have stopped and brought in the crane.......
as mentioned photo's and small claims case
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 11:45 AM   #4
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Stroker
What would you do?

All was going well until he was leaving, loaded with the logs, and got bogged.
They got another truck in, and tried to remove him, but that didn't work, then they tried with the Hiab, nope, now down to the axle....

What do you think?
I use to fell trees and this was one of the main problems we use to have. It is 50/50. They should have assets the situation first and seen that it was two wet for them to load the truck up like that and you should have made the decision for them to stop before it got that far. In one way the should at least fill in were the truck dug up the back yard. Hope you get it sorted out.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #5
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
I use to fell trees and this was one of the main problems we use to have. It is 50/50. They should have assets the situation first and seen that it was two wet for them to load the truck up like that and you should have made the decision for them to stop before it got that far. In one way the should at least fill in were the truck dug up the back yard. Hope you get it sorted out.
The driver walked the route to see how wet it was, and they were 5 hours late, on a rainy day. I have plenty of photos, and the fact that they left the logs in a position that is going to cost me alot of money doesnt help. When they brought in the second truck, we removed the side fence for them to get access, and they tore all it up, and operated so unsafely that workcover would have had a field day. They then brought the truck in through the drive, running over the path around the house, cracking the corner of the slab at the front of the house.
Then they tried to pull it out forwards, spinning and sliding into the garden bed, breaking it too.
When they were dragging it out this morning, they pulled it through the table drain up the side of the house, bogging it again, and then skull dragged it through there too, ripping it all up, and covering the road with mud.
I have since tried to speak to the owner of Enrights only to be told that they wont speak to me, and to have my solicitors contact them. Communication ended with them hanging up.
I was told that they were entering my property at between 9-10 AM today to collect the truck with a crane, but they snuck in at 6:30 this morning.
I was not going to let them on the property till I had confirmation of repair to collect their truck. They came in very early, obviously thinking this may happen....
I will add, that at no time did I say anything to them about any of this yesterday, and only after they removed the truck this morning, which woke me, did I ask "so do you get a bobcat in to fix this up now" and was told, no its your problem...
I would think that as a professional, they should not have undertaken a task if they thought that damage to my property would be the outcome.

I have since taken many photos, also with the company name etc. in my yard and spoken to my legal counsel.

Last edited by 347Stroker; 04-03-2006 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:38 PM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

geez, sounds like they made a right mess of it.....
Old 04-03-2006, 12:40 PM   #7
347Stroker
Banned

I will load up some pics if you like...
Old 04-03-2006, 12:43 PM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

If it was a rainy day ... they would have known in the first place no to drive in ... even if they did walk the route ... we had a timber truck arrive at our place ... he walked the paddock he had to drive through ... he said even though it felt slightly damp underfoot ... the truck would make a right mess and he might even get stuck.

He left and came back another day when it was dry.

By the sounds of it the fellers didn't assess the area properly ... and it sounds like they just drive in and loaded up without thinking.

Definitely take photos and take it to small claims.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 12:43 PM   #9
FordFan86
meow

Picsssssssss
Sounds like they made a mess of things.
By the sounds of the phone call their superiors know this and know there is ИИИИ to pay.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #10
347Stroker
Banned

Heres some pics

Old 04-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #11
LUXO_8
windsor user

messy.....
Old 04-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #12
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Thats not cool! Nice back yard anyway. We might as well turn it into a speedway loop!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #13
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Had the same thing, but not the lawn, cracked driveway

Put in an insurance claim and let the insurance company handle it.

You have done well by having pictures taken, contact your insurance mob
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 01:49 PM   #14
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Yeah ... your insurance company will be able to do more than you will ... they can be ruthless ... and will make sure they get the money out of them.

They really screwed up your lawn and garden bed though.

We had our side driveway screwed up a bit ... but it's not the best in the first place .. we just borrowed and excavator off a friend and fixed it .. but messing a lawn up like that .... no way ... that's just bad
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #15
347Stroker
Banned

Thanks Minge and Mechan1k, never thought of insurance..on the phone to them as I type.
I cant believe that a company as large as Enrights would do such a thing, and then to be so insolent as to tell me they will do nothing, and refuse to speak to me, and get my solicitor to do it.
Very unprofessional in my eyes, and poor customer service.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:17 PM   #16
347Stroker
Banned

Just been told by Suncorp that they do not cover damage to grass/lawn in the policy. They will though fix up concrete, garden edging etc.
Hmmmm..............
Old 04-03-2006, 03:06 PM   #17
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Something you can do if they won't play ball is put a sign up in your front yard warning people not to use said company and another on your car - a mobile anti advertisement.
As for them saying it's your fault - them being the professionals should know when it's a bad idea to drive a heavy truck into an area where the truck might get bogged. How is the average person employing their service supposed to know this?
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 03:12 PM   #18
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you have any paperwork off the saw millers? I know with most of the places i buy timber from and also building supplies like brick sand etc it states on their paperwork that the company involved is only liable for what happens on public roadway. As soon as they take the truck beyond the kerb it becomes the owners or in my case the builders responsibility. Had trucks bogged a few times but luckily for me at the time i had a hilux with a winch. Worst was on a sloping site when the truck got away sideways and came to rest on an embankment but a local earthmover dragged it out with his 20ton excavator which was working just down the street!
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 03:13 PM   #19
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Now you got your insurance onto it, they should also have insurance to cover damages, if not time to get workcover on the phone.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #20
347Stroker
Banned

I have no contract or paperwork from Enrights, seeing that they never faxed it to me as promised. The deal was for them to buy the logs off me. Legally, I have signed nothing, and did not permiss them to destroy my yard. I did try to help by cutting down the fence, and removing a fence post, and that is all.
I gather Workcover would love to see the trip hazzards and dangerous ground left unfenced, or signposted for that matter....
I would imagine that the council would love to see what they have done to the nature strip and table drain...

On the matter of the billboard....I was considering making one up, and setting it up in the tray of a ute I have here, and parking it out the front of the saw mill, titled "This is what Enrights did to my yard. They claim no responsibility and will not repair damages"
Old 04-03-2006, 03:51 PM   #21
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ACA? Today Tonight???
Old 04-03-2006, 04:13 PM   #22
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by '67
ACA? Today Tonight???
Emailed Today Tonight about 2 hours ago.......
I am speechless that they have no remorse for their actions.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #23
max^power
Formerly au^ute

did they end up taking their/your logs? i hope they paid up!
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 04:21 PM   #24
rodderz

Some deliveries from garden yards I have got have a little disclaimer on them that says something along the lines that they are not responsible for damages once inside the property line of the delivery address

But, you have no paperwork from them for you to read and witness this if it applies, and if they were confidant on their own that they could do the job I would hold them responsible. If you had pressured them maybe not, but they have come in early and got it out no matter what, which I would regard as being their responsibility and fault for the damage
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #25
Mrs347stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by max^power
did they end up taking their/your logs? i hope they paid up!

Nope the bloody logs are still in our backyard. Just left with out taking them. Now they are impossible to move cause the yard is to wet.
Mrs347stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 06:25 PM   #26
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs347stroker
Nope the bloody logs are still in our backyard. Just left with out taking them. Now they are impossible to move cause the yard is to wet.
I hope you take them to the cleaners guys. if that had of been me i would not have driven on to the property. Theses people are nuts to not want to help you. This will only do them a disservice in the long run.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 06:55 PM   #27
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

and here Mandy was complaining about alittle circle work on the lawn...well well it is mind boggling they chewed it to bits and then still didn't have the decency to remove the logs.. Can you fill the trenches with cans? :P

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 08:10 PM   #28
efgiar
rofl copter

damn, just get a solicitor to send em a letter, if they were smart they would fix the garden and grass, aswell as remove the logs free of charge.

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 08:16 PM   #29
Phil91EB

This is probably a bit far fetched but seeing as there is no paper work ring the cops and tell them that they offered to take the logs and pay cash off the books then came onto your yard got bogged returned the next day at a time not suitable (not supposed to start outside work until 7am I think) dug up the place trying to get their truck out and now wont claim responsibility.
Its your word against theirs if there is no paper work.

As I said its a bit far fetched :
2006 BF Falcon
Phil91EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #30
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil91EB
This is probably a bit far fetched but seeing as there is no paper work ring the cops and tell them that they offered to take the logs and pay cash off the books then came onto your yard got bogged returned the next day at a time not suitable (not supposed to start outside work until 7am I think) dug up the place trying to get their truck out and now wont claim responsibility.
Its your word against theirs if there is no paper work.

As I said its a bit far fetched :
why should he lie about it, never read so much crap in all my life

thats not "far fetched" as you put it, its pathetic.....