Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 11:44 PM   #121
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Default Re: Rolf has been found guilty

It is surprising the amount of abuse that happened years ago, and is still happening.

I sympathise with Supershifty, in that I was abused only for a brief time when I was about 9 yrs old, by a neighbour, but no sodomy, .
he interfered with my school friend at the time too.

It is a power thing that the older person has, that lets them get away with it.

At that tender age, you know that it is wrong what is happening, but you are to scared to say anything. I distinctly remember my Mum suspecting something, and asking me about it, and I denied anything happening. I still remember his name.

I have clear memory of the abuse, but I believe I don't have any long term damage from it.
I may only recall that abuse occasionally, when incidents like this are reported in the media.

It does not affect my life, just that it was a bad thing to happen to me.

I may have a different, positive outlook on life, and believe that you don't dwell on the past, and let it bog you down.
Otherwise it can just eat away at you, and end up stopping you from moving on.
End rant
Old 06-07-2014, 11:07 AM   #122
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
That’s Neanderthal thinking.
How is that so !
From the age of 9 i went to a backward town, and you had to be man enough to fight or you were walked all over.
Gutless people are the bigest problem in the world because they have no hope to stand up against evil.
I say to my brother looking back, what a dredful place that was and when we came to brisbane what a total diffrence the people were hear to that lot.

Looking back as a kid, if anyone tryed to molest me i would of tryed to kill them and i would of told everyone about it directly and if they did not belive me i would start on them so as they got the message. but i think people who fiddel with kids look for the easy targets.

I have been on a jury dealing with pedo case as well.

I do say that it's people in gov possitions that are and have always been the biggest problem in dealing with the pedo problem, as they have never truly worked to deal with the problem at all worth jack.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #123
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Its bloody shocking even in our own community here we've got victims, its obviously a wide spread issue, every group, doesn't matter if its us or your own group of friends or in your family, someone along the line has suffered at the hands of someone else's sick perversion by other people in a position of trust.

In my family its mum at the hands of a stranger in a cinema in the late 1960s/early 1970s and a priest in Malta, my sister not too long ago by the person she invited into her house.

In my OHS group last year one classmates kids suffered the same deal too by a "family friend".

I think whats going on now is that its still happening at the same rate its just that we hear it now because of the media, internet and people are now more willing to come forward than ever before as victims can connect much easier, and when someone makes that hard step of coming forward others will back them up, rather than people brushing it off and trying to silence it.
4 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #124
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPXR6T
What I'm struggling with is the level of impact on some victims for in some cases what I read was a once off event involving groping. From what I read not violent or aggressive but rather wandering hands, in one case 42yrs ago. Yeah, it's filthy and abhorrent but how did that one event psychologically damage someone to such an extent that it ruined a life. Or did that event become something to tack blame onto. Everyone processes things differently I guess. I guess I'm only standing on the outside looking in and don't fully comprehend how someone can't get past something even as ugly as this. The closest I've come to sexual abuse is on the odd occasion getting my nuts twisted in a rugby tackle. No comparison and I have no perspective. So I guess I have NFI. Stuff like this reminds me how lucky I've been to live the good life I have, and to be compassionate to those who have not been so lucky...
As a victim of this sort of crime I sometimes have the same issue. Yes people deal with things differently and have different reactions/effects but there does seem to be some cause to question the severity of the reaction in relation to the severity of the crime. I suppose each case should be considered on its own merits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty
I've said enough on this forum about how I feel about paedophilia to justify how I personally feel about it. I'll reiterate for the ignorant one's who have not personally experienced it first hand - I seriously doubt many of you commenting have dealt with it.

Those poster's that have stated that 20 - 30 years is too long for someone to come out of the woodwork is too long and are only chasing coin, total ******* bullshit! It takes a lot of guts to accept what has been done to you as a child from people that you are supposed to trust - you feel ashamed for years later. You feel you've got no-one to turn to, you suffer in silence. It's something that you had no control over as you were a kid.

Take a walk in my shoes and see what you reckon. I was only interfered with once when I was 11yo, just after my Dad died. I feared for my life as a lad by these two *********.

Swear filter will probably kick in. I was forced to masturbate with a banana peel, take a ***** in my mouth, and be sodomised - all to the enjoyment of two "men" at 11yo.

Good on those girls for speaking out, and may those who are treated unjustly get justice - no matter what the distance in time. Filth like Rolf that prey on the innocent have no idea of the damage they do to a person.

Cheers!
An excellent (and very emotive) response, completely understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremerus
It is surprising the amount of abuse that happened years ago, and is still happening.

I sympathise with Supershifty, in that I was abused only for a brief time when I was about 9 yrs old, by a neighbour, but no sodomy, .
he interfered with my school friend at the time too.

It is a power thing that the older person has, that lets them get away with it.

At that tender age, you know that it is wrong what is happening, but you are to scared to say anything. I distinctly remember my Mum suspecting something, and asking me about it, and I denied anything happening. I still remember his name.

I have clear memory of the abuse, but I believe I don't have any long term damage from it.
I may only recall that abuse occasionally, when incidents like this are reported in the media.

It does not affect my life, just that it was a bad thing to happen to me.

I may have a different, positive outlook on life, and believe that you don't dwell on the past, and let it bog you down.
Otherwise it can just eat away at you, and end up stopping you from moving on.
End rant
A good post, everyone responds to the ordeal differently and some have lasting debilitating effects and some don't. You have done yourself proud, well done.

As for those turning this thread into a discussion about conquests in the pub, please have some respect. There are 3 people here that are survivors of child sexual assault and I can guarantee there are a lot more that have read and commented on this thread that are but not open about it. The last thing they want to read is people being insensitive to a very emotive topic.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #125
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Good to hear the people who have come forward on this thread trust everyone enough to do so and have the balls to back it about something so horrible. This at the end of the day is what these forums are all about, besides cars but a passion for everything automotive and more.

Really shows the friendships and trust that is built through this forum and how everyone has secrets of their past that none of us ever knew. An insight from those that it has affected I think maybe open up the eyes of others and hopefully becomes more aware in the future generations to speak up and not fear for ridicule(not saying anyone here is accused of that either)

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
4 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #126
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

A usual a thread has gone off topic and is getting personal .....

Closed.
Closed Thread