Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default how did you put away the weekend?

Perhaps this thread will be a flop, but ya can't blame a guy for trying. Tell us a story about a good car-related weekend, pics of course being a bonus....

I'll start

So, I had a dilemma. The weekend was fast approaching, weather being non-conducive to pouring concrete for my shed etc etc..... What can I do? After several weekends disappearing and being disappointing because of the old adage "the best laid plans of mice and men...." and my distant relative Murphy and his laws.... So, I decided, stuff it, I'm not planning anything, I'll make sure that there's enough beer in the fridge, meat for the BBQ, fuel in the old rockets, and whatever happens, happens.

So, after sitting idle for months, in the rain and searing sun, thought, geez, time to do something about those pesky thermo fans. So I got the XP out for a run, and bumped into my mate who was still sorting niggling issues with his Top 60 HT, this time was putting some more mufflers in so that the 5-0 would give him a little less trouble

..... I told the missus I had to do some work on the ute, think that was about 3pm (had to work the Saturday morning shift).... so by 12am, the fuse was replaced, I had, well lets call it a couple of drinks, and a good chat with the boys, and decided to leave the ute where we were working. It was a good night, but it was a slow start on Sunday morning.

9am Sunday, got a call "we're going to pick up that Torana, it's in Deni"..... My mate had been working on an LC GTR for several years, but after doing a lotta work, it was later revealed it was a cut-and-shut..... it had tags, was genuine, but still, he would never be 100% happy with it. So he got rid of it, still came out in front, and was well on his way to acquiring a more suitable Torana to work on. And it turned up about 12 months ago. Today, it finally was secured, with 2 spare shells, 4 or 5 spare sets of doors, etc etc.... we will get back to that....

So, road trip to Deni, a couple of beers, got to the pickup point, noticed an Impala out front (a job for one of the blokes customers "It's a POS, probably only worth $500"), nobody there, but within a minute, the seller was there on his matte black Harley with apehangers and his son as passenger. Real nice bloke, some kind of affiliation with a well known club, and let's just say he had a few interesting projects, toys and jobs in his shed. Also had one of the best bars that I'd seen in his workshop

Not the Torana that we were picking up, but nice all the same. Got paint?

This wasn't the bike he was riding, he was on the recently acquired bike cos it doesn't want to fall apart whilst trying to keep with the rest of the pack, has good suspensionm, and electric start, unlike this one. But this has won many shows and is hard to get near because of the crowd it draws

A couple of other bikes, this one was offered to my mate a while back, but he declined, and is now kicking himself he wasn't asking much, even with reg and finished

Another job for a customer

And I was rather impressed with this XY

..... anyway, back to the pickup of the Torana. Bermuda Blue, with black and white trim. Oh yeah, LC GTR..... VERY rare colour/trim combination, most likely a special order for a GMH executive, and the Torana club has been hounding and offering ridiculous amounts for it as is.... a bit of work to do, but it's a real good start and the price was right

So that's the story of my weekend of no plans, and it was good.

LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I love no plans weekends. sounds like you had a good one. i have no pictures but i did have a good weekend. fri night i got ditched by some friends of mine, they went to a club but i wasn't keen to go, so i was having a smoke out front and saw a '54 ford slammed on its guts and rumbling loudly rock up 2 houses down. so i walked over and said hello and it turns out that for 7 years he has lived there, loves fords,and has 4 more oldschool flathead V8 fords out back!! wish id known about him before, he was a top bloke and we ended up chatting and having beers for a bit. i went home late and ended up just watching a movie for a bit. saturday did a bit of work on my gemini, preparing it for it's 5litre heart next week.

sat night plannless again had some jonnie walkers and watched family guy for 5 hours at a buddies. had a wicked weekend!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
xr6turbo2005
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good thread Loco and seems like you had a great unplanned weekend.

2008 FPV GT - Auto, Seduce Red, Leather Interior, Herrod Performance Air Box with K&N Pod Filter.

2018 4WD Everest Trend - Blue Reflex.
xr6turbo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #4
hendrixhc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My plans involved sitting on my BFA baby sitting the little one cause the mrs went to work. Nothing like a stargate atlantis marathon!

Did manage to sneak in a couple of hours stripping cleaning and painting steering drag linkage and fitting new tie rod ends and ball joints to the XE in between feeds and nappy changes!
1982 XE Falcon
1978 XCGS Falcon
1993 XG Ute
2015 FGX XR8
hendrixhc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
GUTLES
Adam.

Worked Saturday morning, then straight from there to my Daughters Dance concert, then today I had my works Xmas party @ Gumbuya Park.

Was a good weekend but I would of liked to be home more, so tired from being out!

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #6
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

how did i?
rather wastefully and inefficiently
it was 36deg here is bris, so i spent most of it being a slack toad/couch potato in the aircon
got fuel for the mower was the only really constructive thing i did all weekend, apart from helping the good wife with the housework

oh and went for a cruise in the ye olde VH.
Old 30-11-2009, 01:04 AM   #7
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Had my subcentre christmas party last night. Free everything. Was a 60's flower power theme, so we were all dressed up (although my outfit was mod rocker), I got ****ed, danced with the mrs which is the first time I have ever danced and she loved it, came home and threw up twice then passed out. Thankfully I had some panadol at 4am when I woke and when I woke back up later I felt great, so we cruised around in the camry , and I took my daughter to get icecream.

It has turned out to be a great weekend. Me and the mrs have been pretty rough lately and last night with no kids and having a blast really helped. Today is the first day in ages we have not fought about something or been miserable with each other.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 01:11 AM   #8
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saturday I sat around in my underwear and watched movies...while making myself sick on donuts.

Sunday I helped the girlfriend move in, then made myself sick drinking far to much soft drink.

Both days i was going to work....neither day came even close to getting to work.

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #9
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Saturday I had a wedding to attend, then had to get up FAR too early on Sunday to go to the Pre-Race Meeting for the Sydney 500 volunteers.

Collected our uniforms and stuff, got shown a couple of fire extinguishers, and then walked around looking at the track and the precinct inside it.

No prizes for guessing how I'll be spending next weekend...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 08:42 AM   #10
ryanstev

Sunday: tried to mow the lawn with my Enviromower. Out of charge in about 2 minutes, even though it was fully charged. The grass was just too long.

Decided bugger it and went out and bought a 2 stroke Morrison.

It's going to be so nice being able to mow the lawn in one go from now on, rather than having to stop once or twice to recharge the Enviromower.
Old 30-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #11
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saturday i spent the day helping around the house, then went to a Movie themed 21st Birthday party. Me and my mate went as Cheech & Chong. I was Chong lol

No one else dressed up -bastards.

Cruised up over to Homebush, spent the rest of the day on Sunday with the Charity cruise.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #12
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

After riding a new BMW Superbike at Portimao late last week I then spent the weekend flying from Portugal to Gatwick, then transferred to Heathrow, then flew to Singapore and on to Melbourne and picked up ute from airport carwash who had given the interior on the F6 a well deserved full treatment and drove the two hour journey home.
Old 30-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #13
Wally
XP Coupe

Nice post Loco.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #14
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

This weekend gone, a bunch of us from Newcastle went on a cruise down the western side of Lake Macquarie, round the bottom and up to a little town called Catherine Hill Bay. We stopped at Catho and had lunch at the Pub, which was good. At the peak of the day there were approx 18 people and 10 cars (bseries).

Then we all cruised around to Warners Bay on the northern side of the lake for pics, overlooking the Lake and the dust that was hanging around.

Once photos happened, we went to a local pub, grabbed a few drinks and then went home.

Great day!

For more pics etc on the day follow this link http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...99#post2952299.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #15
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wish I could do something on the weekend besides working, looks like some of you guys make up for those that are not able to enjoy weekends

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #16
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Can we keep the discussion to (automotive) weekend please.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #17
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saturday Afternoon I went over a mate form Oz-E-Rodders (online hotrod club) house caughtup with a few guys, had a BBQ checked out his chassis then we headed over to Parramatta City Raceway for Sprint Cars, fender benders, Monster Trucks free style Moto cross etc Sunday was in the Shed with the Chev sunday, a belter of a day got as much doen as I was planing more actualy casue I finished off some other little jobs

No Photos of the speed way but heres a pic I took of the chev on Sunday casue I thought it looked cool

Opps found some photos so I'll upload them now

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)

Last edited by The Yeti; 30-11-2009 at 10:54 PM.
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #18
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Can we keep the discussion to (automotive) weekend please.
I had an automotive bit in mine lol.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #19
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
Saturday Afternoon I went over a mate form Oz-E-Rodders (online hotrod club) house caughtup with a few guys, had a BBQ checked out his chassis then we headed over to Parramatta City Raceway for Sprint Cars, fender benders, Monster Trucks free style Moto cross etc Sunday was in the Shed with the Chev sunday, a belter of a day got as much doen as I was planing more actualy casue I finished off some other little jobs

No Photos of the speed way but heres a pic I took of the chev on Sunday casue I thought it looked cool

Opps found some photos so I'll upload them now
OK here goes

Old 30-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #20
AdzT3-146
own the road

My automotive related weekend was basically the charity cruise sunday with the Vic Crew.

And sitting on Chapel St outside a cafe admiring the owners Ferrari F430 whilst having brunch on Saturday if that counts :P
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #21
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
heres a pic I took of the chev on Sunday casue I thought it looked cool

You thought right Yeti, that's a damn tough looking Chev. I would have taken more pics of Hearn's Rod Shop, there was a HQ coupe shell on a rotisserie, an XC sedan which had some big plans, a tough HZ, an Impala, a BSA and a Triumph he was working on etc. Btw, the blue XY is gonna be painted black, is set up for airbags and has a wild blown 351 to go in. The tubs, wheels and raised tray blew me away. He does some real nice work, but I got the impression he wants a break from working on cars, the cashflow isn't there for him, he's been mucked around a lot lately from high-end builds and customers that won't pay cos they're having a sook about the economic crisis. His shovelhead chopper not too long ago had a real flash paint job, but he decided he was sick of worrying about damaging it and being careful when riding it, so he flat-blacked it, cut the guards down, reverted to drum brakes, etc. He got a more sensible bike last week, as the chopper was a bit tough to keep up on whilst riding with the Outlaws....
Old 01-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #22
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I worked saturday. Sunday was a mixture of fitting a rebuilt 2.2 STI engine in my wifes WRX.. Changing wire looms alittle as the original engine is coil on plug..

Then got the plasma cater out and made lower manifold plates with 6mm alloy plate for turbo inlet on the 1UZ 4.0 V8 Lexus engine..Std inlets are very restrictive..

Looks like I'll have to get into my lawns.. Getting alittle long...
Oops sorry F.C ... Lol..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #23
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
I worked saturday. Sunday was a mixture of fitting a rebuilt 2.2 STI engine in my wifes WRX.. Changing wire looms alittle as the original engine is coil on plug..

Then got the plasma cater out and made lower manifold plates with 6mm alloy plate for turbo inlet on the 1UZ 4.0 V8 Lexus engine..Std inlets are very restrictive..

Looks like I'll have to get into my lawns.. Getting alittle long...
Oops sorry F.C ... Lol..
I cant beleive the lawns atm I think if Iwas so inclined I could do mine twice a week ATM its jsut rediculas

I did mine at 7 on sunday so I had time in the shed later the neuighbors wernt overly impressed but i guess that makes up for their party on friday night :

Old 01-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #24
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

The FPV-Tickford Club of NSW invaded the Cessnock vineyards, and took ownership of a pool.
Plenty of photo's, but gratuitous and shameless pictures of wine guzzling and pool shenanigans are not for the likes of this fine forum :

Regards
Paul

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
FPV GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #25
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My mate and I took our motorbikes to the track, 600km round trip, no other than a coon towing the goods, ticked over 543,000km too and still going strong. Likes a drink though, just over 350km to a tank :

smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #26
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had planned to take the RMX out for a session on the weekend, but got tied up with my unplanned excursion, but thankfully the weather, daylight savings and the recent rainfall meant I was able to get out after work for a couple of hours with 5 mates and their bikes at the Wandella forest. Good, cheap, dirty fun. A few close calls though, riding damn quick in the pack, lotsa dust and deep rutted patches of water and mud after every other corner meant there were a few moments of "Oh dear!" (censored) and plenty of laughs. Nothing like blowing off some steam after a tough day at the office. Had fun on my mates '05 RM 250, it was a horrid bike to ride prior to it's costly rebuild, really all-or-nothing kinda thing and it scared the living daylight outta me the first time, took it out for a session now it's crisp and set up, snappy as hell but brilliant and predictable power delivery. I was gone for a while on it and everyone thought I'd stacked, but I was just in a state of "I don't wanna give it back!". Good mix of bikes, my '97 RMX 250, Davo's '92 KDX 250, Azza's RM 250, Ben's '04 YZF 250, Scotty's '05 RMZ 450 and Micks CRF450.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:47 PM   #27
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Started on Sat by going car shopping.

Wanted to buy a Starlet, missed out on the 5 I had bookmarked and scored number 6.

Picked it up and drove it home tonight actually. Really was starting to miss the feeling of a clutch (and being in control of gear changes...)

Have been driving this around for the past few months and I've finally had enough.

(Took the GF to Manly for a cruise and spotted it's twin, couldn't help myself to pull next to it and get a pic)

The sensodrive's 'characteristic' behaviour is beyond a joke. The Old Festiva and the older Starlet are much more responsive between gears and can be driven with some enthusiasm. The Citroen's computer and built in self protecting safety mechanisms make spirited driving a nightmare...

Got home Sat arvo, turned on the comp ready to do some work with a nice glass of lemonade... Reached up to close the window and toppled the lemonade on the laptop...

The keyboard drank about 100ml... Nothing reached the guts of the comp thankfully.

Got most of the liquid out, the rest made the contacts under the keys sticky and rendered the keyboard useless. House mate of mine used to fiddle with computers, pulled her apart and suggested cleaning the keyboard with warm soapy water and drying very well. May clean it, may not.

Cleaned her up, used a hair dryer to help in the drying process...

Melted the keys..... ok, looks like a new keyboard is the only option now.

No worries, got a loan of a USB keyboard...

Ordered a new keyboard from Hong Kong for around $40 delivered with insurance. Black only but I'm not fussed.. ASUS wanted $120 and insisted that I had to get them to put it in for me. Do they do over the counter sales of parts only? Nope...

Meh, the Asus will be put to stud by weeks end anyway. Picking up a new laptop by the end of the week

Sunday was spent on the family property celebrating my younger brothers birthday with a BBQ.

Cheers,

Jason
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #28
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hahaha great post Jason, automotive related, pics (even when ya went slightly off-topic, got the Forums in the laptop pic to bring it back nicely) and plenty of laughs! Poor keyboard.... I have only used a hairdryer once on electronic equipment. When I was at uni, due to lack of general maintenance, the cowl and drain points on the EH were well clogged with leaf litter. Got caught in a heavy downpour, and the plenum overflowed inside the dash, all over my nice Sony CD deck and plush pile carpet. Pulled most of the carpet up and the CD player out, borrowed a mates' hairdryer and had it going without a rest for an extended period.... Got the carpet dry and sorted the CD player without melting any components, but the hairdryer, it didn't survive that ordeal!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:15 AM   #29
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sat'dee went to the shops for drinkies with folks, bit of shopping, home, drove to tennis (About the only automotive thing in my spiel), played, came back home, literally took my tennis gear off, sprayed myself with deo, caught a train to The Dome for Victory, home, on PC, bed.
Sunday got up and caught train to Gardiner, drove with mate to Clifton HIll for friend's party. Home. PC. Bed.

Exciting.

Footnote: Spent money on Ebay for footy cards and the like

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #30
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One more thing I planned to get done on the weekend was to take some pics of my XK ute that another forum member is (maybe....??) interested in, and see my dog Louie who is having an extended holiday out at the farm while my shed is getting built (I have no fence on one side of the backyard, and haven't had for nearly 2 months).... glad I didn't do so on the weekend, may have been a bummer, Louie has a nasty cyst on his face (grass seed?) and the ute is a lot worse than when I left it (was a practically unscathed straight body needing a few small rust repairs and a front clip), now the drivers side needs some real straightening..... it's still a good project for somebody, or maybe I'll keep it for it's awesome pattina, straighten it up a bit, minitubs, 9", blown windsor and go enter some burnout comps......

The good side

The bad side: (thanks uncle Max for building a haystack right next to the ute, where I thought it would be safe..... then letting a few square bales tumble down the side and on the radiator support)