Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 02-04-2006, 09:38 PM   #1
Mick K.

Default Reset odometer?

Hi,

I had some chip in the dash replace in my 2003 LR Zetec. Thw odometer has been reset and now shows about 2300kms instead of about 53000.

I have asked my Ford delaer to reset this to the correct number and they said they have to send the dash to Melbourne and it will take 2 weeks and they won't give me a replacement car for this period. They said call Ford customer service if I have a problem with that.

That's what I call great service under warranty.

Anyway, don't know what Melbourne has to do with a fully imported German built car, but I'd like to know if there is anything special about the Focus odometer that some dodgy backyard odo rewinder (I may know of one ;)) would not be able to sort out.

I am thinking of selling the car soon and don't want to scare away prospective buyers with some long story about the dash being replaced and yada yada yada....Its obviously not a 2300km old car.

Thanks,

MK

Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 09:53 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

dont know about fixing it but id sure as hell like to be able to do it! :