Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-06-2022, 10:22 AM   #1
Mr B
Starter Motor

Default Re: Skiing in Australia-FAIL

A few years back I went to Falls creek for 7 days, All inclusive, My own gear,

Cost $4000-00. $60-00 for bus ticket,

I went to Niseko in Japan for 10 days, All inclusive, My own gear and I hired the skis only, Free exchange for skis depending on the conditions, Fats for powder, Semi Fats and carvers for the groomed slopes,

$4000-00 AUD,

$2000-00 of that was airfares, See what I did there,
And much better skiing on good groomed ski slopes,
Night skiing was magnificent, Its lit up like a christmas tree, No dark spots any where,

Its till 9-30 PM from 8-00 AM,

The slopes are closed for two hours in the afternoon while they groom the slopes for the night skiing,

I was skiing down the bitumen roads in the shopping area, Not a mark on the skis, Its all covered in snow,

They get a metre of snow every day, 30 metres per year, average,

One hill, Three slopes, If the weather is crap one side, Ski on the other slopes,

One tip, Go in March, There is no one there, The Japanese only go in December and January, Then its wall to wall skiers, Burke street in peak hour,

Go from the airport to Niseko on the train, Its grouse scenery, People are friendly,
Incredibly honest people,

I only go to Buller when the conditions are perfect, Its a 3 hour drive each way, Up and back in the same day, from the eastern suburbs of Melbourne,
Look at the conditions on the internet, No wind, No cloud, clear skies,

I cant afford to stay up there overnight,
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: