Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default p plate qld

gday guys got a question for the smart people who know the the qld law
im on my p plates not p1 or p2 i got my licence b4 the 2007 cut off for p1 p2 crap ect
then i lost it for abit and got it back in dec 2011 and back on p plates (not p1 p2)
im thinking of upgrading the fairmont ive kinda had enough of it
just dont have the cash to get her where i want after the prang
needs new paint springs shocks front bushes ect
i want to get a g6eT will i be able to get one on the old p plate laws or am i better off waiting till next year when i go on my opens
ive searched all over the internet but there is nothing that metions the old laws at all

Performace
DBA 4000s, Blue power intake, Whiteline swaybars, FG manifold, PWR Radiator, king springs low, Monroe gt sport
DJR bobtail, LSD 3.46, 20%UD
Pacemaker 4490s, Venom cat, redback catback
mick457 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: p plate qld

you are a P plater so no turbo , simple as that. when you learn to drive you can have a big boys car. you couldn't even keep your licence long enough to get a full licence ( and a long disqualification at that) and you want a turbo car. really getting sick of all these threads by P platers wanting to get more car than their experience justifies

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Under old rules my mates had turbos and v8s. Ring TMR to confirm this is still OK. You might be a special case due to circumstances
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6 View Post
Under old rules my mates had turbos and v8s. Ring TMR to confirm this is still OK. You might be a special case due to circumstances
thanks mate
thats what i thought but couldnt remmber i think i might be able to drive some of the older v8s and Ts
probs not a g6et tho

Performace
DBA 4000s, Blue power intake, Whiteline swaybars, FG manifold, PWR Radiator, king springs low, Monroe gt sport
Old 30-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

QLD rules are different to those in southern states, please keep this on topic.

As grandpa said, check with Main Roads and get it in writing. Even if it is ok a P plate on a turbo will draw the crabs and unless you have a bit of paper with you, you may find that you are spend a lot of time trying to explain to young coppers on a Friday night who will not believe you without checking with a department that will be open again on Monday.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks flap
copper shouldnt be a problem i dont do a hell alot of driving in kingas only to go to work thats about it
dont go lappin these days

Performace
Old 30-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

What flap said is true, not all are car savvy ones either. One tried to tell my mate he was putting his car on a tilt tray because he had a "turbo".... on his n13 pulsar... pointing at the pod filter... transport officer had to come to the rescue and correct them.

I have seen some p platers driving turbos recently so we MAY have finally moved to the "power to weight" laws.

On another note, since being off my plates I have not been pulled up once in either my v8 or f6... its nice not to be profiled
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real

Last edited by grandpa_spec_F6; 30-01-2013 at 07:24 PM.
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #8
pundit
Gazza!

Check with the RTA or whatever it is in QLD..

I live in SA, and when I get my licence back I will be on P1 and P2, however I will be able to drive a V8, Turbo, Rotor, etc as I am 25. Over here a P plater who is 25 or over can drive whatever they want.
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #9
lorpy
Fpv gt mrk2

I think in qld when over 25 u can drive anything wel hope so coz I wana drive me gt
lorpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #10
LightingBA

You are able to drive whatever car you like because you are still on the old p plate laws. Been through this myself and never had any trouble with the police.

Also just checked Tmr website hand all it says is that you are allowed to drive any class of vehicle shown on your license and being on your p license you don't have restrictions on turbo and v8s.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/...-licences.aspx

Last edited by LightingBA; 02-02-2013 at 12:08 PM. Reason: update.
LightingBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post