Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 27-07-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstaFiesta
Word of warning re Tempe. The rims you see on my Avatar I bought from Tempe over the internet. Turned up nice and quick, damaged.. I contacted them and they did not want to know about it. The wheel nuts they provided looked as if they were only just on, so I checked with another tyre fitter and low and behold they were not legal. Also, I had an uncontrolable shake over about 70 kmh. It came and went, no real pattern to it. They came balanced, but I had them rebalanced and they were out. Still they shook. I had an alignment done, still no difference. So I looked at ptting new tyres to replace these new ones (20 klms old at this stage) only to find that the tyres were the wrong size for the wheels, and I could not get the right ones for under approx $400 per corner. I rang them again, still did not want to help.

I was seriously looking at buying some wheels/tyres off them for the wife's Mazda 6 - glad I didn't! Were the tyres Nankangs?

You should have gone to Consumer Affairs or your state RAA/ RACV/ NRMA service.
Old 25-07-2006, 11:22 PM   #2
Danny
GT4.

They seem like a dodgy, "putting 20" rims on a shoitfighting old VL heap is their forte" type of mob.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 08:57 PM   #3
EstaFiesta
went bigger and better..

Yes, the tyres were Nankangs. Amazing how many cars in Perth you see with the exact same tyres. Anyway, it all got to hard after a while, and the guy who got them for free was happy...I think..

2007 BF XR8 Magnet ute
Silhouete, leather, Luxury pack, 6sp auto, hard cover with power bulge and spoiler, HOT!.

2006 VE Calais V 6.0lt with CSV 3 inch exhaust, sweet.
EstaFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post