Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
Boss 290

Default when is fpv going to update the news section?

i used to visit the fpv site every week, then it went to every fortnight. now im lucky to have a look once a month. the reason for this is that fpv have not added new news on their site. the last addition was in july. it feels longer then that but its been 5 months since fpv have put any news up about anything at all. its a joke. they used to add news every 2 month. on a few occasions it has been every month and on febuary this year 2 pieces of news in the 1 month. but my question is, why has fpv lost interest in informing its fans on what is happening? they should add news about new things that are being triald. 5+ months is just too long to find out news about what is going on. does anyone else feel the same?

Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 05:14 PM   #2
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

when they get some new news maybe ?? lol
Old 08-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #3
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
when they get some new news maybe ?? lol
lol true i guess. but surely they must have had something interesting happen in the last 5 months
Old 08-11-2006, 06:29 PM   #4
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Go easy, their budget for website maintenance & improvements is only $50/year!
Old 08-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #5
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
you must be joking...that would be real sad if that was true lol
Old 08-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #6
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey they could put up that my car has a new diff! There has to be a few of us.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 08:01 PM   #7
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
i used to visit the fpv site every week, then it went to every fortnight. now im lucky to have a look once a month. the reason for this is that fpv have not added new news on their site. the last addition was in july. it feels longer then that but its been 5 months since fpv have put any news up about anything at all. its a joke. they used to add news every 2 month. on a few occasions it has been every month and on febuary this year 2 pieces of news in the 1 month. but my question is, why has fpv lost interest in informing its fans on what is happening? they should add news about new things that are being triald. 5+ months is just too long to find out news about what is going on. does anyone else feel the same?

I think FPV has lost interest alltogether. When I bought my F6 in March:-
I was told I'd receive "Blueprint" ... never seen it.
I joined their e-mailing list .. never seen one
I e-mailed them about fog lamp surrounds loose or falling out ... got a reply after 2 weeks telling me they're "looking into it" ... never heard from them again.
For a $70K retail vehicle, that's pathetic.

By contrast, the leather upholstery (with protection kit) in my wife's SP23 looked a bit faded after 12 months so we rang the dealer about it and were asked when it would be convenient to bring it to them. We made the appointment, were given a Mazda 3 demo to use for the day and when we picked it up the leather protection had been redone and her car had been detailed!

I had to write a two page letter to the dealer principal before I could get anything properly attended to in my F6.

I think FPV/Ford's customer charter is riddled with cancer and is in need of a clean out and a new customer orientated line of thinking adopted.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 08:11 PM   #8
pecker73
Falcon Addict

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
No trouble convincing me this is true....

I was working a graveyard shift a couple of weeks ago and tried to log onto the site.....

WEB Site UNAVAILABLE - :

For a laugh, send them an email... You'll need a hair cut before the reply arrives.

DAILY-2006 BF Falcon XR6 Turbo Sedan. 6 Speed Auto.

1/4 Mile......13.84sec/103.38Mph BF XR6T with an official 211.0 rwkw :
pecker73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 10:46 PM   #9
Sledgehammer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
I think FPV has lost interest alltogether. When I bought my F6 in March:-
I was told I'd receive "Blueprint" ... never seen it.
I joined their e-mailing list .. never seen one
I e-mailed them about fog lamp surrounds loose or falling out ... got a reply after 2 weeks telling me they're "looking into it" ... never heard from them again.
For a $70K retail vehicle, that's pathetic.

By contrast, the leather upholstery (with protection kit) in my wife's SP23 looked a bit faded after 12 months so we rang the dealer about it and were asked when it would be convenient to bring it to them. We made the appointment, were given a Mazda 3 demo to use for the day and when we picked it up the leather protection had been redone and her car had been detailed!

I had to write a two page letter to the dealer principal before I could get anything properly attended to in my F6.

I think FPV/Ford's customer charter is riddled with cancer and is in need of a clean out and a new customer orientated line of thinking adopted.

Think they are still recovering after Andy left.
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #10
Boss 290

i bought my car in september 05 and i have recieved all the blue prints so far. i think they cancel it soon and you have to become a member to gain further access. i suppose they dont put up news because they figure the only people who would look are the fpv fans who already get blue print. maybe you slipped through the cracks you should really look into getting those mags and more for the trouble you had.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #11
bEAn86

i dont think they have done anything news worthy
bEAn86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #12
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Have they decided when next years FPV family day is?? I've been checking in to their website to find out but soon realised it's a futile excercise.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 08:10 PM   #13
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEAn86@hotmail.com
i dont think they have done anything news worthy
Umm... what about Force 6 and Force 8? There was more info on this site then their own... and BF2? Any news there? Development news into Orion FPV... maybe thats just a Ford only thing though....

But there is still plenty of news that they havn't told...

EDIT - See my post about the new FPV Model - F6 Tempest (LINK)

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching

Last edited by Kia Chaser; 09-11-2006 at 08:21 PM.
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post