Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
wildnqik1
Starter Motor

Default decent / honest and cheap mechanic in Melbourne

hey all
just wondering who and where is the best place to go to to get a few things fixed up on my car?

just want a mechanic who is cheap (well priced), decent and doesnt act like a total *****.

prefer someone in outer eastern area but as long as it can get done in a day, i dont mind if i have to travel

Last edited by Auslandau; 17-06-2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: swear filtered
wildnqik1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 
Default Re: decent / honest and cheap mechanic in Melbourne

reminds me of that other saying "you want it powerfull, you want it reliable and you want it cheap? pick any two as you can't have all three"

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildnqik1 View Post
hey all
just wondering who and where is the best place to go to to get a few things fixed up on my car?

just want a mechanic who is cheap (well priced), decent and doesnt act like a total *****.

prefer someone in outer eastern area but as long as it can get done in a day, i dont mind if i have to travel
What do you drive? If you own a falcon, go to Direct Motor Repairs in maida ave, sunshine. They are efficient and very cheap. The owner knows falcons like the back of his hand, and there is nothing he cannot fix. They service a lot of taxis for the western suburbs. Having been to ford numerous times in my earlier car ownership days, it seems ford dealerships do not know their own product and are out to make a quick buck and create work for themselves , more so on cars out of warranty. Seems the service department is in fact a disguised sales team. But I am sure other brand named dealerships are no different. Their todo list will almost always involve replacing 50% of the car even when it is serviceable.

Last edited by malazn mafia; 17-06-2013 at 10:14 PM.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
wildnqik1
Starter Motor

92 NC Fairlane Ghia 5L V8

all i want done is oil sump gasket changed, exhaust manifold gaskets changed, oil breather hose checked out/changed, and to target a oil leak which is why i want the gasket changed as it has for 405xxx kms
wildnqik1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post