Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 02-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #1
foxylady

Default 3rd Annual Bathurst in CQ

Due to popular demand we are again organising a get together to watch the Great Race. We have outgrown our backyard, and Yeppoon and have booked t he conference room at Tropical Wanders Resort Rockhampton so we can all fit in comfort to watch Bathurst on t he big screen. Can last years successful pit crew hold on to their trophy? Who will take out the Calcutta? Can we come up with even better games?
:evilking:
More details as they are finalised, so start planning.
Entertainment Committee TAN066 and FOXYLADY :nutsycuck

foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 10:57 AM   #2
747FLI

Default Bathurst

Tetetetetetetete,

I'll HOP up there for Bathurst Boss Fox...have booked my days off already and I shall skip into action and get things organised as we get closer to the time...suppose not long after that I shall jump on down to Tassie with you too Clancy...I mean, Foxy!

Hmm, where the hell did Flipper go???!!! :monkes:
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 10:56 AM   #3
Mk II

I can't wait for this to come around again. Hopefully the room will be a little bigger this year and there won't be twenty or so of us all crammed into one hotel room. I have only just seen the fox's and am counting down the days until they are graced by my presence once again. For all the other CQers i can't wait to see you all agin as well.

Mk II
Mk II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 04:30 PM   #4
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk II
I can't wait for this to come around again. Hopefully the room will be a little bigger this year and there won't be twenty or so of us all crammed into one hotel room. I have only just seen the fox's and am counting down the days until they are graced by my presence once again. For all the other CQers i can't wait to see you all agin as well.

Mk II
It will be good to see you again MK II, are you driving up or flying?. They have booked a conference room so I think it will be big enough, besides I thought you would prefer a smaller room with a certain CQer : . Have booked and can't wait, have to maintain the trophy for the pit crew challenge :sm_headba .
Black Panther is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #5
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Panther
besides I thought you would prefer a smaller room with a certain CQer : .
He ain't camping with me, the little "horses hoof"!!

We are booked, as is Pete and Lyn! Can't Wait : : : : : :

Cheers,
Mike
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 04:13 PM   #6
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Talking Yee Haa

Well its only 5 months till the big WEEKEND, and so cant wait, by that time this FOX CUB shall be terrorising the streets and so will be taking dave and andrew on a guided tour of rocky with tour guide nigel, or a pub crawl as they like to call it hahaha. C u all then and for some c u at willowbank

LITTLE FOX :

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 02:34 PM   #7
Mk II

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIPLASH
by that time this FOX CUB shall be terrorising the streets and so will be taking dave and andrew on a guided tour of rocky with tour guide nigel,

LITTLE FOX :
Don't take me then foxy, i really dont care! I will just stay in that smaller room with that above mentioned CQer.
And no mick, i dont particularly care for you in a smaller room,

Cant wait to get there,
Mk II
Mk II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #8
fnm17

Wow booking a conference room, must have a fairly big crowd planned !!! Might have to twist the other halfs arm to drive up on the day and check it out.
fnm17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 10:35 PM   #9
TAN066
Starter Motor

Default Update for Bathurst Weekend

Foxylady and myself have been digging deep into our (can we produce better games than last time) and the answer is YES of course we can and have! Just need willing players (suckers) that are prepared to wear say that other dark side colour if you are a looser! Progress has been made on plans for the whole weekend and they are shaping up to be a really exciting weekend! As plans are finalised we will let everyone know the who, what, when, where and why, and can I please please please please join in your games?
TAN066 and Foxylady
TAN066 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #10
Panda
XR6 and XR8 Club of QLD

The Pandas will be there again, but I have to work on Monday again (it's a ing conspiracy I think) so will have to leave after the race ends.

Bummer about the work, but we're coming anyway.

Panda
Old 31-05-2006, 01:06 AM   #11
blkpuss
Drive Hard/Play Hard!!!

Thumbs up CQ Bathurst a possibility

Well, as I have the Sat, Sun and Mon off, I guess I should go for a bit of a drive as well, sounds like it would be a great weekend!!!! I think I could find lots to amuse myself with ?! HP, where r u!!!!!
If anyone would like to share for the trip up and back send me a pm
blkpuss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 08:19 AM   #12
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Hey Winnie
Be great to see you, definately come up if you can and enjoy some northern hospitality. YYes ok if you really need I can be HP again, have a practice for Tassie

Last edited by tucky; 31-05-2006 at 08:19 AM. Reason: spelling
tucky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2006, 05:09 AM   #13
blkpuss
Drive Hard/Play Hard!!!

Default CQ weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucky
Hey Winnie
Be great to see you, definately come up if you can and enjoy some northern hospitality. YYes ok if you really need I can be HP again, have a practice for Tassie
: :1syellow1 Should be a great weekend, I'll certainly try to get up there!
Old 14-06-2006, 12:55 PM   #14
TAN066
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Update for Bathurst

I have spoken to TAG in Rocky and they are happy to donate some lucky door prizes for the race on Sunday. They are also very happy to have a club banner and a display of cars on the Saturday morning in front of TAG. As the event gets closer they will advertise what will be happening at TAG and what the club has to offer! The public can then have a closer inspection of cars and talk to members about the club and what it has to offer. As Bathurst gets closer I will update the details.
TAN066 and Foxylady
Old 14-06-2006, 03:02 PM   #15
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

You are doing a great job girls, keep it up. Remember if you want to be involved, get in and book your accomadation
Old 25-06-2006, 11:19 AM   #16
White Rabbit
Starter Motor

Well I have my head out of the books finally to say hello all and to respond to the invitation! As Andrew (Panda) says... we'll be there! This year I promise to keep 2 feet on the ground during the entire race. However I cannot claim to be there for the duration of the entire race... I'll leave that to the pro's. Perhaps I just don't have the attention span to endure... I mean watch the whole race! Perhaps I'll take Melly for a markets tour or something! I heard Mike was keen to watch the kids as he wasn't drinking this year! hahahahahahahahaha! It was worth a try! Look forward to seeing you all and will be sure to keep myself informed as the info comes to hand as waiting for the info from Andrew.... well lets just say it never happens. I smell a rat when he's telling us all to hop into the turbo... all fuelled and squeaky clean!
White Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #17
TAN066
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Bathurst Update

Okay plans are coming along really well. We have secured and booked the restaurant for Saturday night. (7th Oct) We have decided on a meet and greet by the pool starting at 5 pm which is located near the restaurant. It was decided on this time slot as the shootouts will be finished by then. There will be nibbles which will be included in the price of the buffet dinner. The buffet dinner will be served at 7.00pm. The price will be $27.50 per adult. It was decided this would be an adult only dinner as kids have already decided on pizza! The only condition being we purchase drinks from the poolside bar. (which is located outside restaurant) As we get closer to the event we need to know what most people drink so as they have plenty in stock.
Also for those thinking of attending this CQ Bathurst event need to remember to book there accommadition.
Thanks TAN066
Old 11-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #18
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

is it october yet ????????????? :nutsycuck

Little fox

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2006, 02:42 AM   #19
blkpuss
Drive Hard/Play Hard!!!

Smile Bathurst @ CQ

:eclipsee_ Looking good... have now got the Fri off as well, so I'll definately be up there, most likely with "Skippy " as my nagigator!!!!
Look foward to catch up with you northeners at Willowbank next Sun
Old 17-07-2006, 07:36 AM   #20
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Great Win
See you Sunday with bells on
HP