Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-12-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default JJJ - Going downhill?

Has JJJ gone seriously down hill, is it just the summer program or have I just got too old?

http://www.abc.net.au/contact/complaints.htm

xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

maybe you should elaborate more. If its about sam simmons then people that are complaining should HTFU!
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
scoupedy

I stopped tuning them in a while back due to the fact that if your a minority they keep banging on about them...great if your a gay female black midget jew with a disability ...plus they started to thrash all the good songs every day until you were sick of them...that and i'm too old and they are PC Nazi's
I do miss Mife Wurhoust (sp) she was great and not PC at all
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #4
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgs351
Has JJJ gone seriously down hill, is it just the summer program or have I just got too old?

http://www.abc.net.au/contact/complaints.htm
Interesting thoughts. As a long term listener, I have notice many changes over the years. But mostly things remain in the "OK" bracket for me. The breakfast show has gone to the dogs, with a change to the commercial radio format. IMO there's nothing worse than inept humour, and laughing at one's own jokes. And then as a listener, trying to digest that dribble over the waking up process.

The graveyard shift is still very entertaining though, and that's my time more often than not.

The non-rating period is upon us now though, when all forms of broadcast media generally abandon us for mediocre trash.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #5
fmc351
let it burn

Can we blame Kevin yet?

Now you kids stay off my lawn. Probably age....
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #6
kooky
WRX terrorist

Myf is awsome, she is set to be on MMM next year, (not sure what shift)
Old 07-12-2007, 01:51 PM   #7
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMT
The graveyard shift is still very entertaining though, and that's my time more often than not.
I use to listen to it on the way home and I found sam simmons quite funny. So they put him on during the request show for summer and apparently he had alot of complaints and didn't do the show last night.

In all seriousness the best time I ever heard JJJ was when they were on strike and they played music all day with no presenter talking, no interviews (like I could care less what a musician thinks), no BS, just music. Thats all I want a station that plays the music I like and maybe someone to tell me the name of the song so I can buy it if I want to. But now radio is all about people talking, trying to crack jokes, ads, and maybe music inbetween if they have time.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:57 PM   #8
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooky
Myf is awsome, she is set to be on MMM next year, (not sure what shift)
Breakfast, with Peter Helliar.

Shame we can't get that in Sydney. Anything is better than the "Shebanged".
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #9
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
I use to listen to it on the way home and I found sam simmons quite funny. So they put him on during the request show for summer and apparently he had alot of complaints and didn't do the show last night.

In all seriousness the best time I ever heard JJJ was when they were on strike and they played music all day with no presenter talking, no interviews (like I could care less what a musician thinks), no BS, just music. Thats all I want a station that plays the music I like and maybe someone to tell me the name of the song so I can buy it if I want to. But now radio is all about people talking, trying to crack jokes, ads, and maybe music inbetween if they have time.
The reason I DON'T listen to AM/FM radio, and haven't done for years. Even some internet radio follows the same format, and that really craps me off.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 02:10 PM   #10
playtime141618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Breakfast, with Peter Helliar.

Shame we can't get that in Sydney. Anything is better than the "Shebanged".
It’s a pity she’ll be with Peter Helliar, for some reason I just cant see that working. What a waste

Running with scissors and Always using my outside voice

Weapon of choice = 78 ZH fairlane 351-FMX-9inch
playtime141618 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 02:24 PM   #11
nommic
EL Monty Ghia

I reckon Sam Simmons is great http://www.myspace.com/samsimmonstheeroticcat

I'm bored of JJJ's boring hosts... like Robbie Buck, Zan Rowe, Linda Marigliano etc.

Dave Callan, John Safran, Father Bob, Will Styles & Aaron Cornish all rock.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:36 PM   #12
revcore
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

JJJ has been going downhill for some time now.....Probably why I stopped listening to it.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:43 PM   #13
TUF351

I find triple J to be far more entertaining than anything the commercial stations have to offer. Although Jay and the Doctor did me, until Myf came along. The triple J broadcast over here( in the middle of nowhere WA) was down for a few days just last week and that made me realise just how much I enjoy triple J
TUF351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #14
kremmen

Music in general is getting to be more crap. Triple J really seem to push Aussie Hip Hop which is 99% garage quality crap. aimed at the kiddies as I think I must be too old. I got a 120g hard drive in my glovebox running through the headunit so never turn the radio on anymore.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #15
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I tuned out when those 2 clowns took over from Adam and Will, they were absolutely pathetic, couldn't even tell you their names, they were just so hopeless.

Adam Spencer and Will Anderson were excellent!!
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 03:49 PM   #16
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when i have the wireless on in the car i quite often find it tuned to jjj and while i do find their programming better than other stations owned commercially i do wish that once in a while theyd play some old school tunes or even some of the more popular stuff from the last ten years i mean they dont have to become a hits and memories station but sometimes when you are driving home from lunch in a beautiful resturant or something you would just like to sing along
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #17
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
when i have the wireless on in the car i quite often find it tuned to jjj and while i do find their programming better than other stations owned commercially i do wish that once in a while theyd play some old school tunes or even some of the more popular stuff from the last ten years i mean they dont have to become a hits and memories station but sometimes when you are driving home from lunch in a beautiful resturant or something you would just like to sing along
Wireless???? this car you mention, its not hand cranked is it????
Old 07-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #18
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Wireless???? this car you mention, its not hand cranked is it????

Didn't think you had to crank over automobiles that run on steem!! :P
Old 07-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #19
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Noticed that myself, but resisted the temptation to post something like "Showing your age now aren't you?"
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Old 07-12-2007, 04:50 PM   #20
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When i was a kid I listened to 2JJ then JJJ, but then it started going down hill.

I think everyone reaches an age when they discover that JJJ starts to go downhill. For me it was about 1988.
Its a rite of passage, like discovering some AM talk radio, and some country or classical music isnt so bad, and maybe its Ok to stay home watching TV on friday and saturday night.
Funny how things keep changing but I stay the same!
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #21
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
like discovering some AM talk radio, and some country or classical music isnt so bad
I'm ordering you a supply of 'Geratol' and a walking frame as we speak

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Old 07-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #22
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

michael tunn and the request fest was pretty cool i think he was the youngest radio dj in the country or something at the time which meant he was pretty busy as he also hosted the afternoon show on the abc after james valentine left which wasnt that much of a loss really as they kept pretty much the same line up including inspector gadget and danger mouse
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 05:09 PM   #23
TadKa
Wait? What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nommic
I reckon Sam Simmons is great http://www.myspace.com/samsimmonstheeroticcat

I'm bored of JJJ's boring hosts... like Robbie Buck, Zan Rowe, Linda Marigliano etc.

Dave Callan, John Safran, Father Bob, Will Styles & Aaron Cornish all rock.
Sam Simmons doesnt relly do it for me yet. an aquired taste perhaps. I really like the bedroom Philosopher and their humour is similar. Did you hear last night when Sam chucked a hissy fit and walked out. I went to see Dave Callan live last week. was great. and Safran bob is always really good.
TadKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 05:49 PM   #24
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Yeah Triple J is one a slow decline. Man im sick of them pedelling some crap Aussie acts. Still better than most commercial stations. These days i rotate between JJJ and FBI. FBI can be awesome and can also be the trippiest station in the world.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 05:54 PM   #25
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

FBI?? Can't say I've heard of this station.

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Old 07-12-2007, 06:15 PM   #26
big fella
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I listened to triple J for years. I think I gave them away at about the same time as Merrick and Rosso decided that they would sell their souls, move to Sin City and work for Nova. These days my radio travels between ABC local radio, news radio and SEN sports radio.

I am officially Australia's youngest (32) old foguie. I think I need a cup of tea and a lie down now.
big fella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #27
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big fella
I listened to triple J for years. I think I gave them away at about the same time as Merrick and Rosso decided that they would sell their souls, move to Sin City and work for Nova. These days my radio travels between ABC local radio, news radio and SEN sports radio.

I am officially Australia's youngest (32) old foguie. I think I need a cup of tea and a lie down now.
What, no Iced Vovo???
Old 07-12-2007, 06:34 PM   #28
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I stopped listening in year 10 or so (1998?) I don't like the aussie hip hop that seems to fill their playlist now.
I too loved Michael Tunn's requestfest!!

I now have MMM on in the bus when I can, but otherwise CD's or my Ipod in the car, and the same at home.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 06:40 PM   #29
KeeddleZ
Road Runner

Loved when the guys from GNW hosted it and even adam and will were ok but now its just all gone , hosts and music wise
KeeddleZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 06:40 PM   #30
big fella
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
What, no Iced Vovo???
No need to be a smarty young fella. I know you just said that because you know that the coconut would get caught under my denture and give me an ulcer. Everyone knows that malt'o'milk biccies go with cups'o'tea.

Young whippa snappers these days, no respect. In my day, if I had a smart mouth on me................
big fella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post