Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 09:13 PM   #1
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: The FGX as the ultimate enthusiast collectors falcon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
FGX the ultimate collectors Falcon? You think it will overtake the GTHO in collectibility.

The problem is no-one wants them now so why would anyone want them later.

At least with the GTHOs of 50 years ago, everyone wanted them, lusted after them..

It's nice to have a dream....I guess you're hoping you're on to a gold mine with a sprint
Hahaha. No one wanted many cars, so they didn't build many, but now bring big $$$ if you can track one down.

Leyland P76, & Force 7, Chrysler by Chrysler, Vailant 2 door Hardtops (not the charger), & more.

Time is a funny thing. What wasn't hot back then, has a tendency to become hot now.

They are rare by by production, add to that the rigours of time to that production number, (write offs, rust outs, etc) just makes them even harder to find, and therefore harder to buy.

P.S. I want one. I want one bad.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
This user likes this post:
Old 12-09-2016, 09:59 PM   #2
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
Hahaha. No one wanted many cars, so they didn't build many, but now bring big $$$ if you can track one down.

Leyland P76, & Force 7, Chrysler by Chrysler, Vailant 2 door Hardtops (not the charger), & more.

Time is a funny thing. What wasn't hot back then, has a tendency to become hot now.
Dude, they not exactly collectible, nore are worth big dollars, what the going rate of a P76? Last one on a Shannon's auction was 26 grand

You're greatly confused about rare, desirable and valuable....no one wanted p76s then and they don't want them now either.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-09-2016, 10:21 PM   #3
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Dude, they not exactly collectible, nore are worth big dollars, what the going rate of a P76? Last one on a Shannon's auction was 26 grand

You're greatly confused about rare, desirable and valuable....no one wanted p76s then and they don't want them now either.
There are a couple of P76’s in the streets around where I live and a few Pacers as well and they’re all owned by fellows well and truly into their retirement.

I was walking the dog one morning and a fellow around the corner was washing his Pacer and I struck up a conversation with him.

He told me he bought it because he wanted a 70’s car for him and the misses to cruise around in and he chose a Pacer because it goes ok and they’re as cheap as chips to buy.

As you said, there is a big difference between being collectable and being worth big dollars as most collectables (which these days seems to be a common term for describing older cars) are not worth much and are more a passion and not a money spinner.

And I’ll say the same as I say in these type of threads when they come up every month or so, today people are savvy to the notion that old can equal gold mine and therefore there are too many speculators with cars locked away in garages for them to ever truly be worth a lot.

They’ll be collectable but not an investment to retire on.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 09:44 AM   #4
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
There are a couple of P76’s in the streets around where I live and a few Pacers as well and they’re all owned by fellows well and truly into their retirement.

I was walking the dog one morning and a fellow around the corner was washing his Pacer and I struck up a conversation with him.

He told me he bought it because he wanted a 70’s car for him and the misses to cruise around in and he chose a Pacer because it goes ok and they’re as cheap as chips to buy.

As you said, there is a big difference between being collectable and being worth big dollars as most collectables (which these days seems to be a common term for describing older cars) are not worth much and are more a passion and not a money spinner.

And I’ll say the same as I say in these type of threads when they come up every month or so, today people are savvy to the notion that old can equal gold mine and therefore there are too many speculators with cars locked away in garages for them to ever truly be worth a lot.

They’ll be collectable but not an investment to retire on.
This applies to my ZD. Not overly lusted after by anyone but me and a few land yacht fans but it makes me feel like King of the Road in a way that modern, better cars don't...
Closed Thread