Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
Ms_Jam

Default Car-bra, anyone?

Has anyone fitted a car-bra to their WS Fiesta?

What do you think of the idea?

Searching through these forums, it seems headlight guards could be a good idea with a car-bra. I see Ford wants $139 for a pair. Which overseas supplier would you recommend?

Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
trumpy73

Default Re: Car-bra, anyone?

God no. (unless you regularly travel on gravel roads)

On a similar note I don't get why people buy seat covers on new cars. They're generally bloody ugly (compared to the original trim), they never get to enjoy it, then they sell the car for someone else to enjoy.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
Caydus

The same reason why people keep the original plastic on their laptops and phones cause they're worried about scratches.

But custom made seat covers are actually quite good, the ones u get from SCA blow, but yea, custom ones are as good if not better than none.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpy73
God no. (unless you regularly travel on gravel roads)

On a similar note I don't get why people buy seat covers on new cars. They're generally bloody ugly (compared to the original trim), they never get to enjoy it, then they sell the car for someone else to enjoy.
My WS Fiesta smells like motor oil on a hot day because it being in my clothes and getting into my drivers seat. For me it probably would have been a good idea

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 22-11-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
somers181

Have a look at item 230702363868 on UK Ebay for bonnet protector, i purchased similar one for my WT for when i do long distance travel involving dirt roads etc, mine was alot cheaper and came from Turkey but is excellent for this type of protection and comes off and hangs in the garage..... i have never liked the plastic bonnet protectors and found this a great alternative.
Old 22-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #6
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
My WS Fiesta smells like motor oil on a hot day because it being in my clothes and getting into my drivers seat. For me it probably would have been a good idea
But then it would be in your seat covers and you would still smell it on a hot day...can't win really :/ Unless you get changed at work (F that!). At least it wouldn't be permanent if you decided to sell up.

here's the Mk7 version from Turkey but it isn't a full "car bra" http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Fies...item27c03f7427

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post