Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-01-2008, 12:33 AM   #1
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Default Luck comes and goes

What a funny week. First off I find out I've won a disputed insurance claim (long story, but all that matters is that its over and dealt with) so I'm happy.

But yesterday I parked my car in the parking lot at work and put up my parking permit (you scratch the right day/date off and then place it on the dash) and trundle off into the office. Me and a workmate want to go out for lunch so we head out in the car and get lunch/do errands. Return to the office and finish the day. Then I come back to my car and find a piece of paper under the wiper... uh-oh... Its a frickin parking fine for 'FAILURE TO DISPLAY A VALID PERMIT'. BAH.

As it turns out my VALID permit has fallen off the dashboard and onto the floor when I slammed the door shut...

Anyway I lodged a waiver request with the parking services office at work and hopefully they'll see sense and waive my fine. Funny how I get fined even though I really was being honest and doing the right thing. My car is conspiring against me, I don't think it likes being parked in that place all day.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
andrewts
White Car Driver

Yeah the worst things happen to the best of us mate, don't worry, hopefully karma will see you through.
andrewts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 12:39 AM   #3
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Don't get me wrong its not a huge fine buts its well over a week's worth of permits I'm more annoyed that concerned but if I don't get it waived oh well, at least I don't have to shell out for an excess now

Its the first fine I've ever had, never even had a parking fine or speeding fine in my life.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:43 AM   #4
andrewts
White Car Driver

Yeah I know what you mean but it is still a pain to have to go through the whole process over a simple problem.
andrewts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 12:59 AM   #5
scoupedy

that sounds like when my p plate (pick on me plate) fell of my dash going around a corner just before the cops pulled me over for a RBT and then fined me for only displaying one p plate .... why would i only display one? so it was obvious that one was missing!
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 01:42 AM   #6
mattl
Live Life To Full BOOOST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoupedy
that sounds like when my p plate (pick on me plate) fell of my dash going around a corner just before the cops pulled me over for a RBT and then fined me for only displaying one p plate .... why would i only display one? so it was obvious that one was missing!
Exact same thing happened to my mate, however, he lost his license because of it!!!! Ridiculous..i couldn't believe it when he rang me, and rang up Transport SA myself to find out if that was allowed..and yep, lost his license for only displaying 1 P Plate!!
mattl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #7
Melchior3

I had the same thing happen in the city. I bought a ticket, displayed it, shut the door, walked off without checking it. Got fined =\
On the back of the fine it has the person to contact for disputes, so I sent him the ticket and the fine and it was rescinded. But he wrote back and said to make sure it's properly displayed in the future.
I guess they can't trust their officers over drivers all the time.
Melchior3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post