Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
fasty73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down Sick of bagging

Like the tittle says. Honestly guys, I am sick of being bagged out by other forum members. Is it just with Ford owners? I have been a mechanic for 22 years and my advise is pretty solid, so why do so many backyard mechanics that dont even know how to change a spark plug feel the need to put down my advise? Am i alone on this or is there other members that feel the same?

Old 21-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: Sick of bagging

Unfortunately, such is the nature of the written word. You may just be reading the tone in a post wrong or maybe the tone of your words is being perceived incorrectly.

I suggest if you feel you are having an issue with a reply, either report the post or shoot a PM to a mod who will listen to your concerns.

We all have varying opinions and it is hard when you are so passionate about a topic...re: Fords, but we all have the same in common...our love of them
Old 21-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
Scott

It's the internet, everyone is a fully qualified Rocket Surgeon. The cream always rises to the top here mate - it just takes time. Keep posting, keep helping and in time you'll get recognition of your efforts.
Old 21-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

In my case I only did what the cam supplier & shim guy recommended

If they tell me 3mm shims I ain't putting in shims a different size

In the end shims weren't the issue.......

Although I don't recall bagging you - I just didn't do what you recommended

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 21-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #5
fasty73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks guys. Nearly ready to just pull the pin on this website, nearly.
Old 21-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
fasty73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not talking about you mate (sorted)
Old 21-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
It's the internet, everyone is a fully qualified Rocket Surgeon.
Some of us are fully qualified Brain Scientists...
Old 21-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #8
Barnaby

Had a quick look through your recent posts...I think people have taken on your advice more than not.

If people don't want to take your advice then what does it matter...leave them to it.
Old 21-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #9
stang65
FPRJET

No Geez Louise, he is right... I don`t know whats happening there used to be alot of passion here about Fords but the man speaks the truth it.

Just look i the Territory section The Jeep vs Territory and all it does is bags the Terry and praises the Jeep ... This would never have happend in the old days.
Old 21-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #10
nstg8a

i think its simply too easy to take things in the wrong way on the net,

ie

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...17#post3767017

why did you respond as you did in this thread?
Old 21-06-2011, 09:53 PM   #11
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasty73
Like the tittle says. Honestly guys, I am sick of being bagged out by other forum members. Is it just with Ford owners? I have been a mechanic for 22 years and my advise is pretty solid, so why do so many backyard mechanics that dont even know how to change a spark plug feel the need to put down my advise? Am i alone on this or is there other members that feel the same?
Unfortunately, in the world of the interwebs, unless you have acquired forum demi god status (by either having a seemingly unlimited bank account to build what you want, how you want, or by giving out advice on how to shave those precious few tenths off your N/A 6 Cylinder Falcon quarter mile times, or by having something so incredibly witty and cynical to say about EVERY SINGLE THING that is posted), people will always be dubious to take advice from "some guy on Ford Forums".

It's just the way it is. You don't need to justify why you know you are right to these people, but it would be nice for someone to just accept the fact that you know what you are talking about for a change.

/end rant

Oo\===/oO
Old 21-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #12
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
Just look i the Territory section The Jeep vs Territory and all it does is bags the Terry and praises the Jeep ... This would never have happend in the old days.
That's Ford's fault, not that of the forum. Regardless, the topic at hand is bagging members who are trying to help, not bagging the product.
Old 21-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #13
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Are you alone? Not at all - thats just the internet - its full of keyboard wariors that know better then anyone else...

If you are being bagged out, dont feel shy to put someone in their place with your wealth of knowledge... Sometimes, thats the only way people will learn...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 21-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #14
fasty73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
i think its simply too easy to take things in the wrong way on the net,

ie

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...17#post3767017

why did you respond as you did in this thread?
well that is the thread that broke the preverbial camels back so to speak. Truth be told, i love this website, even though it does tick me off sometimes. I LOVE FORDS
Old 21-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #15
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Mate, don't let it worry you. Sometimes having an unpopular opinion gets up others noses, but if you know your right stick to your guns, If people don't wish to take your free advice its really no skin off your nose....beisdes you get to say...told ya so.
Old 21-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #16
opto
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I used to do the same, too many other, Keyboard mechanics, give up on the advice and save all the headaches, either that or learn not to give a *****, after all its the internet, pinch of salt...

Just practicing with the Tazer on a Koala?
Old 21-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #17
nstg8a

Quote:
well that is the thread that broke the preverbial camels back so to speak.
there is only two posts after your first one, one quoting another member and one agreeing with you? i dont see why your feeling 'bagged out'?
Old 21-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #18
fasty73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
there is only two posts after your first one, one quoting another member and one agreeing with you? i dont see why your feeling 'bagged out'?
Didn't read the "mini spool fitted" thread or the ones on my turbo Capri? Or many others?
Old 21-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #19
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

inb4tehlock!!!

BTW, it's only the internetz...

Old 21-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #20
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

If you want to stay and contribute its up to you ..... take the good with the bad. Thats the way it goes.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread