Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 19-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #31
prasac
Banned

Default Re: "Terminator" flat shifting Falcon runs 10's @ Heathcote - 15/07/2012 Vid by Fullboost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Hahahahahahaha

I wonder how many times you've got your pecker caught in the turbine housings Paulie.... are you trying to tell us something by going with the larger A/R sizes?

Daniel

not once, the inlet/outlet's openings protrude too far out n the lil fella can't reach that far in to get hit by the blade

what's the car like for inside noise? that's what would kill the most. i could handle the seats etc but the drone would do my head in. AluminaTTor would be like a Mercedes compared to the AU?
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #32
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 
Default Re: "Terminator" flat shifting Falcon runs 10's @ Heathcote - 15/07/2012 Vid by Fullboost

There is a bit of drone between 2100-2400 but either side of that its so quiet you would be surprised I reckon..... to drive it can be a little bit darty on the road with all that weight over the rear and crap surfaces but on good roads it just sits there. The only bugbear I have is no cruise control, you get a sore ankle after 1,000kms behind the wheel.

But i'm splitting hairs..... drives pretty bloody well and the longest stint of 2100kms in one sitting (WA Border to Melbourne straight) is testament to that.

The FG rides like a stock XR8, so it will be a bit better next year.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2016, 02:20 PM   #33
Vortex-98

Where's the link to see this Terminator beast scream n down the 1/4?? I cant see it..
Vortex-98 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2016, 01:42 AM   #34
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex-98 View Post
Where's the link to see this Terminator beast scream n down the 1/4?? I cant see it..
First post on page one of this thread.
Just checked it and the youtube clip works for me.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2016, 01:59 AM   #35
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fastest shifting manual ever. This thread mine was worth enjoying all over again
This user likes this post:
Old 07-12-2016, 07:31 AM   #36
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legit290 View Post
fastest shifting manual ever. This thread mine was worth enjoying all over again
stumbled across one of PPG's vids on youtube re: their dog engagement boxes. Quite and interesting video for those who haven't seen the internal workings of one and how/why you can shift like that with them.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post