Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-07-2022, 12:34 PM   #4
T-Pak Addict
Jim

Default Re: Work vehicle

As A MD Wagon Owner myself they are a great car. Mines a 2016 Ambiante (Base Model) 2.0 TDCI with DCT. Its done over 290,000 kays to date. Still drives like new. I bought it at 260k Ex Fleet car with full Ford Service history. I had to replace the EGR Cooler $1800 from Fraud but I found a new one on ebay from the UK $600 delivered (took 5 days!). Do all the work on my car with the help of Allen Howatt on youtube. He works for a garage in UK that has them as Taxi's and does regular videos and lists the common issues.

Its a very underated car. Great trip car! I do quite a few camping trips with the kids with 6x4 fully loaded and tows it with ease. Average 5.5/100 to/from work with is mostly 90/110 freeway. It drives about 800-900 kays a fortnight on 1 tank of fuel (50ltrs). Enough grunt to keep a V6 Commodore driver the ****s and all the power is right where you need it, In the midrange! Hills and overtaking is a breeze. Even on base model you get Cruise control, fast glass on all 4 doors, Digital Radio and Satnav!

Do I love my Mondeo... Hell yes!!
Wife loves her too.

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
T-Pak Addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: