Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
alpineau

Default AU2 determined miss (nned help) :(

Hi Guys

About 3 days ago my car devloped a miss out of the blue and very quickly. When I drove to work in the morning is wasn't there and when i went home in the afternoon it was there.

So i did a bit of research on the form to find out if anyone else had a similar problem. I found that most people just changed the leads and plugs. I had a look at the leads and plugs and from what i can tell they look like the orignal ones that the car came with. So i changed both.

After i finished i took the car for a drive around the block and all seemed good. Then this morning i drove to work only to find that the miss was back, not as bad but still there.

Before i replaced the the leads and plugs and now the miss is only noticeable when i accelate, when i get up to speed it goes away and it's not noticalbe at idle

Any ideas

Thanks
Alpineau

alpineau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 11:20 PM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

if plugs and leads has made a difference, all that is left and the most likely culprite the coil pack is weak and might need replacing

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 11:35 PM   #3
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
if plugs and leads has made a difference, all that is left and the most likely culprite the coil pack is weak and might need replacing
How do you test this?

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 11:37 PM   #4
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I'm sorry I can't help you to test it GK, If I have a miss and plugs and leads didn't fix it, I just put a coil pack on...

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 11:42 PM   #5
alpineau

Quote:
The leads were hard enough to do (mainly becuase of where they are) i think i might have to take it into a shop. I think i might do more damage then good if i keep playing

Thanks for the reply racecraft. I will post the problem after it's get's back for the workshop tomorrow

Cheers
Alpineau
alpineau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 11:48 PM   #6
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
I'm sorry I can't help you to test it GK, If I have a miss and plugs and leads didn't fix it, I just put a coil pack on...
How much is a coil pack? Apparently it's a shocker to replace?

GK
Old 04-04-2006, 09:47 PM   #7
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
How much is a coil pack? Apparently it's a shocker to replace?

GK
was about $70 -probly cheaper now.....it can be hard to get to, do it from under the car on stands,its a little bit easier!!!!!!!!!!!!
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 12:04 PM   #8
Futura01
horsepower

GK DOES IT HAPPEN MORE WHEN UR ACCELERATING FROM STANDING START ??
because i believe i might have the same problem , because mine only happens when i am pushing when it gets top end it goes okay and i dont feel the miss ????
and how much was the repairs in total .. ??
Futura01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #9
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

might sound silly , but did you clean/replace your air filter while doing the spark plugs and leads ? is the gap correct on the spark plugs / a few might of needed adjusting a tadd ?? .. I dunno if it would maybe goto the extent of making the car miss beat unless it was totally blocked/the air filter ( where only high revs would cause enough vacume to get the air through the rubbish in the filter suficientlyr ) ? .. just a maybe ..

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #10
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura01
GK DOES IT HAPPEN MORE WHEN UR ACCELERATING FROM STANDING START ??
because i believe i might have the same problem , because mine only happens when i am pushing when it gets top end it goes okay and i dont feel the miss ????
and how much was the repairs in total .. ??
Yes, more when taking off.

GK
Old 05-04-2006, 11:47 PM   #11
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by vctxr6ute
was about $70 -probly cheaper now.....it can be hard to get to, do it from under the car on stands,its a little bit easier!!!!!!!!!!!!
$70 is ok, not too confident about doing it myself though! Thanks for the info. Bye the way, how long did it take you to do?

GK