Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-11-2017, 09:14 AM   #1
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default 2019 Aston Martin Vantage

Quote:
My one major critique of the Aston Martin Vantage over the years was that at first glance, it always looked a bit too hard to tell apart from its DB-series big brothers. The Vantage is meant to be the smaller, more sporting, more entry level (if there is such a thing) Aston Martin. Now there’s a new Vantage and it stands out even more from the DB11, and it does it with 503 horsepower.

Aston Martin took the wraps off the all-new 2019 Vantage this morning, and I’m really liking what I’m seeing. The automaker even had the stones to show it off in neon yellow, in addition to Aston’s typical stately gray-silver. It’s definitely something fun and different.

The chassis is said to be an evolution of the aluminum architecture of the DB11, but with 70 percent new structure components for lighter weight—this guy comes in at 3,373 pounds to the DB11's beefier 3,652 pounds in V8 form. (Obviously the DB11 V12 weighs even more.)

Like the DB11 V8 and Volante, power comes from the new AMG-sourced 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 making 503 HP and 505 lb-ft of torque. Zero to 60 mph happens in 3.6 seconds, an eight-speed ZF automatic is the sole gearbox (good, but a stick would be better) and it’s got some innovative new technology at work.

Namely, the car uses Aston’s Electronic Rear Differential, which they say “can go from fully open to 100 percent locked in a matter of milliseconds” and makes constant microadjustments to the which wheel is getting engine power.

Anyway, I think it looks great on paper and manages to be quite striking. This new Vantage finally puts some distinguishing space between it and the DB11, to the point where it may actually be the more compelling car.

The Vantage is on sale now with prices starting at $149,995 in the U.S. and deliveries begin in Q2 2018.
https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-aston-...hin-1820636456

I like it
Old 22-11-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
Sioso
irregular member

Default 2019 Aston Martin Vantage

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-aston-...hin-1820636456

My one major critique of the Aston Martin Vantage over the years was that at first glance, it always looked a bit too hard to tell apart from its DB-series big brothers. The Vantage is meant to be the smaller, more sporting, more entry level (if there is such a thing) Aston Martin. Now there’s a new Vantage and it stands out even more from the DB11, and it does it with 503 horsepower.

Aston Martin took the wraps off the all-new 2019 Vantage this morning, and I’m really liking what I’m seeing. The automaker even had the stones to show it off in neon yellow, in addition to Aston’s typical stately gray-silver. It’s definitely something fun and different.

The chassis is said to be an evolution of the aluminum architecture of the DB11, but with 70 percent new structure components for lighter weight—this guy comes in at 3,373 pounds to the DB11's beefier 3,652 pounds in V8 form. (Obviously the DB11 V12 weighs even more.)

Like the DB11 V8 and Volante, power comes from the new AMG-sourced 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 making 503 HP and 505 lb-ft of torque. Zero to 60 mph happens in 3.6 seconds, an eight-speed ZF automatic is the sole gearbox (good, but a stick would be better) and it’s got some innovative new technology at work.

Namely, the car uses Aston’s Electronic Rear Differential, which they say “can go from fully open to 100 percent locked in a matter of milliseconds” and makes constant microadjustments to the which wheel is getting engine power.

Anyway, I think it looks great on paper and manages to be quite striking. This new Vantage finally puts some distinguishing space between it and the DB11, to the point where it may actually be the more compelling car.

The Vantage is on sale now with prices starting at $149,995 in the U.S. and deliveries begin in Q2 2018.

Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2017, 09:16 AM   #3
Sioso
irregular member

Default Re: 2019 Aston Martin Vantage

Damn, beat me by 1 minute..........
Very nice car, actually deserves two threads!
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2017, 09:16 AM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Yummy
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2017, 10:03 AM   #5
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmmmm I actually prefer the previous model
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2017, 12:28 PM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Threads merged.
Old 22-11-2017, 12:42 PM   #7
Trump
bitch lasagne

Looks like an MX-5 from the front...

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-11-2017, 01:27 PM   #8
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like it
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2017, 02:04 PM   #9
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Now it looks like a generic Toyota, Honda or Lexus, to me.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2017, 06:51 PM   #10
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Love the rear end styling, not too sure about the front, especially that cheap looking mesh in the lower grill. It is however good to see Aston Martin exploring a new styling theme and I would have this over just about all its competitors.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-11-2017, 07:03 PM   #11
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Love the rear end styling, not too sure about the front, especially that cheap looking mesh in the lower grill. It is however good to see Aston Martin exploring a new styling theme and I would have this over just about all its competitors.
Me three, the rear looks beautiful. Front is average but I could get used to it fairly easy.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2017, 07:53 PM   #12
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Lower grill aside (too minimilist imo), another stunning & very capable modern Aston Martin!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2017, 07:54 PM   #13
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Deleted, sorry double post dohh.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2017, 08:55 PM   #14
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post
My first thought of the front was Ford gt.

The racing version.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2017, 10:58 PM   #15
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post

So true.
The back would look good if it didn't have that horrible full length taillight.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #16
xr8territory
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The rear looks like a Volvo XC. Ugly
XW UTE, XW FAIRMONT, XT GT, XT Fairmont, EF XR8, XH XR8 UTE, XH XR8 UTE, AU UTE, Renault Scenic, XF UTE, BA XR8 UTE, TERRITORY, Chrysler Voyager, WS FIESTA ZETEC,TERRITORY TITANIUM, BA UTE, Nissan Pathfinder, AU Falcon Forte, BA XR8 UTE.
xr8territory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post