Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 28-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
1LOUDXFUTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default BA XT Upgraded Brakes

hey mate,

Do you do any kits that allow me to use my stock calipers on bigger rotors?

I have a BA2 XT.

Ryan

Old 29-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
JOHNNOSF6
Banned

Stock calipers have a fixed bracket, the bracket and caliper are 1 piece & can't use larger rotors at all.
JOHNNOSF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
1LOUDXFUTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah that sucks... thanks johnno
Old 29-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LOUDXFUTE
hey mate,

Do you do any kits that allow me to use my stock calipers on bigger rotors?

I have a BA2 XT.

Ryan
We don't do one but there has been one getting around that supplies you the brackets and rotors to do it.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
1LOUDXFUTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i thought id heard of someone doing it.. in your opinion would this even be able to be done safely?

what would a kit something like the XR Premium brake upgrade set me back?
Old 29-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #6
JOHNNOSF6
Banned

:
Old 30-04-2009, 01:39 AM   #7
1LOUDXFUTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNOSF6
:
?? whats that for mate
Old 30-04-2009, 07:12 AM   #8
JOHNNOSF6
Banned

Running a spacer on the brake caliper bracket's, would never have thought anyone was silly enought to try this let alone sell a kit. An engineer will never consider passing this. Not knocking you at all, just the clowns who are trying to sell it.
Old 30-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Running a spacer on the brake caliper bracket's, would never have thought anyone was silly enought to try this let alone sell a kit. An engineer will never consider passing this. Not knocking you at all, just the clowns who are trying to sell it.
Could it be possible you are misinterpreting what is happening here ? The majority of big brake kits on cars have a bracket that adapts the caliper to the stub axle eg: Ford GTP etc with Brembo calipers fitted.Lug mounted calipers and radial mounted calipers in most cases can't be fitted to larger diameter rotors unless a bracket is supplied.

Quote:
1LOUDXFUTE yeah i thought id heard of someone doing it.. in your opinion would this even be able to be done safely?
what would a kit something like the XR Premium brake upgrade set me back?
A common upgrade for a BA is to run the BF XR8 front brakes which has a 322mm rotor and a similar caliper to the one you have now.
322mm slotted DBA4000 rotors
PBR Twin pot calipers and pads
Braided lines
= $1100 or we can do it cheaper with no lines and rda rotors.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 30-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #10
JOHNNOSF6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED
Could it be possible you are misinterpreting what is happening here ? The majority of big brake kits on cars have a bracket that adapts the caliper to the stub axle eg: Ford GTP etc with Brembo calipers fitted.Lug mounted calipers and radial mounted calipers in most cases can't be fitted to larger diameter rotors unless a bracket is supplied.

Possibly.

You'd need to run a spacer between the hub and original caliper mount correct, so you'll have a bracket attached to the hub that is then attached to the calliper/bracket. Is this correct or am i looking at it wrong.

I know when i put the AP's on my last monaro i switched to a larger discs and fitted a 15mm spacer between the top of the bracket and the caliper, i got dragged over the pits for a non engineered blower and they nailed me for the spacers. I couldnt find an engineer anywhere that would sign there name to it.
Old 30-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #11
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Possibly.

You'd need to run a spacer between the hub and original caliper mount correct, so you'll have a bracket attached to the hub that is then attached to the calliper/bracket. Is this correct or am i looking at it wrong.

I know when i put the AP's on my last monaro i switched to a larger discs and fitted a 15mm spacer between the top of the bracket and the caliper, i got dragged over the pits for a non engineered blower and they nailed me for the spacers. I couldnt find an engineer anywhere that would sign there name to it.
1.What you say is correct.A custom bracket will mount to the original caliper mount holes on the stub axle and then the caliper mounts to to the bracket.
2.I am guessing these were radial mounted calipers and the only reason you got pinged was because you ran some spacers between the bracket and caliper but if you had a proper bracket made to clear the larger rotor i reckon you may not of had the issue.
I am proud to say that we have never supplied a brake kit that has not passed an engineers report.

Phone 02 9609 1101