Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-02-2015, 08:06 PM   #1
Quantum Impact

Arrow Respray For Graphics Barter

Hi all,
I'm testing the waters with the idea of a barter exchange for some spray work done on my AU with full V8 Supercar kit. I'm after a colour change from black to white on the rear bar and on a couple of black highlights on the nosecone to be redone in white too. I have a couple of rust spots on the bottom of the bootlid that need done and resprayed too. If possible I'd be looking at a general freshen up respray on the rest of the car if it's needed once the old graphics come off.

I've got graphics/signage to exchange. I have a Roland sign cutter with proper sign software and only use premium vinyls from either the USA or Europe. I use NO Chinese materials at all, and I only use genuine Roland blades (ouch $).

I can cut you car/ bike graphics, do signage, etc, and I'm currently doing authorised fork leg and swingarm decals for a major global motorcycle tyre company for their display bikes and test bikes in magazines.

I'm based in Brisbane if anyone is interested in an exchange...
Thanks
Quantum Impact is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #2
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 
Default Re: Respray For Graphics Barter

Curious as a signwriter with all the gear why you wouldn't wrap it? (also being aware vinyl won't fix rust...)
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-02-2015, 03:18 PM   #3
Quantum Impact

I'm just a one man show... wrapping is best done with 2 people for larger areas on the car.
Also, as you mentioned about rust, being an older car, in my case it's probably better to go with paint so the rust spots can be done. Depending on the condition of the car, sometimes wrap isn't the best way to go, especially if there's stone chips and the like already there. The stone chips would have to be done anyway before wrapping for a smooth finish.
I did a proper check and small test application on my car, and due to the overlay of black paint over the white on the highlights on front splitter, the levels wouldn't be able to be covered properly.
Old 21-02-2015, 10:18 PM   #4
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The main issue jim would be colour matching the white of the car. You could use vinyl but it probably wont properly match exactly.

The only other way would be to completely wrap the car which isn't really a long term solution either.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2015, 01:47 PM   #5
Quantum Impact

Exactly right Neale. The whole car would have to be wrapped, and it's definitely not a long term solution. The Winter White colour is way off any 3M or Avery wrapping vinyl whites available to me, and the cost to get a roll colour matched is prohibitive. It costs less to repaint the car by a mile, and it really does last longer than the wrap.