Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
The Monty
Just slidin'

Default Where are they now?

Wondering where the people have gone from when I hopped on here, and got bitten from the mod bug. Reply if you know what happened to anyone/what they drive now:
The Monty: After spending way too much to run a 14.6 N/A, bought a MKII BA, which remains stock.
Stav: Stav, the man who made me want to do everything I done, as well as FS5. Got rid of the AU after running a 14.2 N/A, and bought an FG xr6t, bless him.
FS5: Jake, ran a 14.4 (correct me if Im wrong), met him at Willowbank around the time when I met Stav. Used the AU for a daily, towing a trailer. All three of these cars had/have over 300 000km on the clock now.
Blackers10: Got T-Boned in his pimpdaddy Fairlane, married Debzilla108, and now drives a 1jz cressida, which is a pretty cool ride.
Casper: No idea, came out really pushing the limits of the AU VCT. Ran a mid to low 14, and then just dissapeared without a trace.
Stiddy: Great bloke, but with him followed lots of controversy. Claims to have run a 13.6 N/A, which I believe. The combo he was running revved to 7200rpm. Ran 3 x 13's in one night before it went bang. Dissapeared off the forum after having a run in with a mod. No idea whats come of him.
Jonbays: No idea what happened to him.
SleeperAU: First cammed AU I heard. Was making 136ishkw when I signed up, and was a cool cat. Sold the AU to buy a Magna for the missus (If I remember correctly).
Racecraft: Tibbo fills me with joy whenever I meet him. Be it drag racing a taxi at willowbank, or fitting a fairlane grill to an XR front bar on a high series bonnet (which I thought was wicked).

If theres anyone I missed that was on here when I jumped on and was hell bent on modding the AU's, Id love to here from you, a lot of influences out there, its just sad we all got lost in internet land. A huge wealth of knowledge that goes untapped, simply because noone wants to know, or will listen.

Old 17-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Default Re: Where are they now?

These members are sadly missed by me, including you mate.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
The Monty
Just slidin'

Some others that I miss:
sfr rob:
012te: Sexiest AU EVER, FULL STOP.
roblms10: The Shaker on the AU6, and it was VERY functional!
LG: Car looked schmiko, I loved it.
Buckie: What happened?
GlenAU (AYOO2) (GlennBA): Those Red inner painted headlights were freaking awesome.
Duffman: Awesome build, went turbo, then went O/S and never heard from him again.
JC: I know youve changed cars )and wheels) a fair few times since the AU.
SilverXR: AU XR6 turbo ute. Was running 350kw when I went on my first car cruise in 2005, and is STILL running. That is a testament to how well this car is built.
Old 17-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
The Monty
Just slidin'

Thanks Scott, Ive only met you once or twice, but that day at cams helping him with the AU was a blast (lol). It was real enjoyable.
Old 17-12-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Thanks Scott, Ive only met you once or twice, but that day at cams helping him with the AU was a blast (lol). It was real enjoyable.
Oh dear god, dont remind me please

A day long remembered for incompetence on my behalf.
Old 17-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #6
The Monty
Just slidin'

I forgot also, Rapid_Axe, AKA Kenny, AKA THE Axe. Loved that ute, only reason it wouldnt run fast at willowbank was the 10 ton of rubbish under the tonneau cover.
Old 18-12-2011, 12:21 AM   #7
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Monty this is nice of you mate Other names coming to mind is loxxr6 who also ran a great time in a manual xr6 hp stock with tune xorst. Sox rick had also ran awesome times with his car. Jonbays went into an aurion .. Casper I heard from some time back still has the xr6 too.
It was interesting getting them going hard.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2011, 01:09 AM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

JC ... drives a Territory and a Mitsu 380
jonbays moved on and was driving an Aurion Presara last I heard.
Buckie is around still ... and a Euro Ford I believe.
Loxxr6 still has it as a daily ... and has been in Joe's shop getting maintenance done.
Haven't seen Stiddy in a long time ... but that AU always copped a hiding .. probably why it went so well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2011, 01:48 AM   #9
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last time i herd from stiddy, he sold the au and bought a xr6 turbo

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #10
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Don't worry about JC, he'll be back ... he always finds an AU he can't resist LOL

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #11
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
Monty this is nice of you mate Other names coming to mind is loxxr6 who also ran a great time in a manual xr6 hp stock with tune xorst. Sox rick had also ran awesome times with his car. Jonbays went into an aurion .. Casper I heard from some time back still has the xr6 too.
It was interesting getting them going hard.
I'm still flying the flag harder than ever.
How long will you be away for mate?
Old 18-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #12
The Monty
Just slidin'

Sorry I missed all you guys, Sox, Mechan1k, and Uncle Ken. You guys were all inspirational to me when I hopped on board. Its good to know we are all still around in one way or another.
Old 18-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #13
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Sox I dont know for how long...If I had room I would have definately kept the au. Last I heard it was getting a turbo or supercharger with its new owners...might not be the last we hear of it

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #14
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

FRDGAL (AKA FRDGAL_AU6) had the au I6 fairmont that ran a 14.6 that i now own witch is now for sale anyways she moved into a 2003 BA GT-P and is on the forums (sometimes)

Rspecau smashed is au XR8 in 2005 and the xr has been getting rebuilt verry slowly in the shed he now drives a worked 2003 BA GT-P
his on sometimes too
Old 18-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #15
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Question Re: Where are they now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by POELWYK
FRDGAL (AKA FRDGAL_AU6) had the au I6 fairmont that ran a 14.6 that i now own witch is now for sale anyways she moved into a 2003 BA GT-P and is on the forums (sometimes)

Rspecau smashed is au XR8 in 2005 and the xr has been getting rebuilt verry slowly in the shed he now drives a worked 2003 BA GT-P
his on sometimes too
Andrew, had any nibbles on the Fairmont lately?

as for the whereabouts of some of the old crew, JC is around here quite a bit still. He's a very good source of AU info.

I've seen the odd post by Casper too, but only once or twice a year!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #16
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

ma mate nothing.... but in no rush to sell if it sells it sells
Old 18-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #17
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I'm still around ... even as a Mod in here still.
I'd like to come back to an AU of some sort eventually.
It'd have to be a V8 .... I do keep my eye out for "affordable" T-series models. It's one of the vehicles on my short list.

But for now I still need a ute for my other job ... so the EGAS stays for now.
Old 20-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #18
SVR73
Mr Polish

theres some names from way back. met casper once at FPV day 05 or 06, Rspec AU one time and remember the rest of that list
Old 20-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #19
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

There are a lot of names I remember in this thread, and have read great threads from.

Versace was another one. I think he still has the gold dumped AU, but also a BA as a daily?

Bigfoot AKA Kenny - sold his immaculate AU mont with factory roof for a Mitsu Legnum wagon.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #20
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
I forgot also, Rapid_Axe, AKA Kenny, AKA THE Axe. Loved that ute, only reason it wouldnt run fast at willowbank was the 10 ton of rubbish under the tonneau cover.
Lol... it was called the Gas can... I reckon if I weighed that ute it would push close to two tonne. Ran up 188rwhp at RDP back when dynosteve owned it. Was quite hungover that day too.

I remember when it got nicknamed the Axe, was so funny, come into a carpark too hot and the park was too short just out of Coolum and hit a wooden bollard. Brendan comes up to me and lovingly named it the Axe.

Bloody good times. Miss the hell out of my ute.

EDIT - For those who don't know or need a refresher, I had a 2001 AUII XL Sports Edition ute (not the SE version) which wasn't much better than a standard XL in Narooma Blue, auto. Had gotten a AUIII LSD installed by Tibbo as well as brakes (that guy is a legend round these parts and on the forums), also got JMM CAI, Pacemaker headers, Magnaflow cat and Redback exhaust installed, along with a Crow cam I bought off sourbastard, installed that with double valve springs and vernier adjustable gear. Thats all I had to run up the 188rwhp. Had a bad experience with Unichip too.

It did have a Powerdyne S/C bolted to it (not running) but was worried cause it was about the time I learned Powerdyne was (has???) going under in the States and the frailty of the internal drive belt causing all sorts of issues, plus the fact I couldn't get the cash together to have it tuned using the XCAL tuner at the time so it was off and onsold and not long after that I started having cooling issues (especially with the thermostat leaking after multiple replacements) so was traded on a BA MKII XR6 (to me it was a downgrade) and now running round in a 2008 Paj, which I'm hopefully looking at moving on next year for a FGII Falcon Ecoboost.

Last edited by TheSneakiness; 20-12-2011 at 01:46 PM.
TheSneakiness is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #21
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

I tend to agree, the AU forum hasnt had the same life for a little while... James22 is hardly on here, and he has been very helpful with my builds... well, so has many of the people also mentioned in here.
Old 21-12-2011, 01:28 AM   #22
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I'm still here.........
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #23
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Versace was another one. I think he still has the gold dumped AU, but also a BA as a daily?
Has a Territory now ... pretty sure the plates went on that as well.
Old 21-12-2011, 09:18 PM   #24
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I'm still here.........
ohhhh... sounds like someone is getting another AU

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Old 22-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #25
GK
Walking with God

I would say "I'm still here too" but no one has mentioned my existence! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #26
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK

GK
Aww, but youve always been here GK
Old 22-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #27
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

That's right ... GK is part of the furniture. hee hee
Old 22-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #28
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK

GK
To quote from Avatar ...I see you...

UK

PS Merry Xmas GK
Old 22-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #29
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

I'm still here too... No Fords for the moment, but you never know, maybe next year I'll finally get behind the wheel of an XR6t.

I went on the Port Melbourne meet in '06 with my AU2 Ghia, and also visited the FPV open day again I think in 06, and remember chatting to a few people still on here like GK and Superoo.
Old 22-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #30
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK

GK
There you go, I mentioned you GK!!