Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-10-2021, 09:37 AM   #16111
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
Am I misunderstanding or for e.g at the start of this upcoming week in a regional area a venue be it a bar, restaurant or gym could have a mix of unvaccinated, first dose or two dose customers but as of later this week they will be able to have more clients, however all customers must have had both vaccinations?

Staff at the same venue will either have had no doses with an appointment for the first, a single or both vaccinations?

There is no contingency for someone without vaccination or who has had their first vaccination and awaiting their second appointment?
Yes, that's the way I understand it, too, FPV8U. I head out to tea on Friday night's with my mum, daughter, her boyfriend and another friend to our local pub. Limited to 10 person's per room. We have our own little room that we've had for ages. My daughter (16) has only had one dose of Moderna (got it on the first day it was available, so still not eligible for her second shot yet, booked in for early November). But, if I've read the easing of restrictions correctly, whilst the pub can now have more patrons, she can't attend until such time as she has her second dose? Doesn't really seem to make sense, does it.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
4 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 10:15 AM   #16112
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
…There is no contingency for someone without vaccination or who has had their first vaccination and awaiting their second appointment?
Or the ones who’ve recovered from Covid…
If everything continues to open up as mooted, that’s a significant number of people excluded from things like Christmas shopping, EOY lunches, other workplace or community events. I’d think victim blaming of those who’ve recovered from Covid (which still seems to be an implicit response in some areas) in the form of saying “bad luck” or similar, to be poor form, too.

Last edited by Citroënbender; 18-10-2021 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Lack of clarity
This user likes this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 10:28 AM   #16113
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 266 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9242 (from 0.9462) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line but is heading down at about the same rate of decline.

VIC records 1,903 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0148 (from 1.0234) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 18-10-2021, 10:29 AM   #16114
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Yes, that's the way I understand it, too, FPV8U. I head out to tea on Friday night's with my mum, daughter, her boyfriend and another friend to our local pub. Limited to 10 person's per room. We have our own little room that we've had for ages. My daughter (16) has only had one dose of Moderna (got it on the first day it was available, so still not eligible for her second shot yet, booked in for early November). But, if I've read the easing of restrictions correctly, whilst the pub can now have more patrons, she can't attend until such time as she has her second dose? Doesn't really seem to make sense, does it.
Seems to be quite a situation for a large chunk of the population to be in, both my wife and I fall into the single dose category, she has a reservation for this Friday night with some work colleagues for dinner and drinks, now because of “easing of restrictions” she will no longer be able to go despite having been vaccinated prior to the announcement that it would be mandatory for her profession as her GP has advised her to stick to the original 6 week spacing between doses.

Also, now we both won’t be able to train at the gym at the end of the week due to health advice, however both of us are allowed to continue to work in our respective workplaces.

Surely a contingency for single dose or has been mentioned previously infected and recovered individuals should be within the rule set?
Old 18-10-2021, 10:35 AM   #16115
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Or the ones who’ve recovered from Covid…
If everything continues to open up as mooted, that’s a significant number of people excluded from things like Christmas shopping, EOY lunches, other workplace or community events. I’d think victim blaming of those who’ve recovered from Covid (which still seems to be an implicit response in some areas) in the form of saying “bad luck” or similar, to be poor form, too.
We dont need to overthink this.

People have had plenty of time to get vaccinated, they chose not too, fine its their choice (as I am sure they have touted). Some wanted to and it was delayed, I am one of them, but I have my 2nd booked so I just lay low until its done.

If you need a shot to get into somewhere then you cant until you do.

We are at the % rates now in each state due to some good work, the people left just need to catch up or they are probably not going to get it anyway because they know better.

I suspect the no jab no play rules will phase out in 6-12 months, its just to painful to administer.

BUT, its certainly a good stick/carrot to get those who are sitting on the fence to just get it done which in turn raised the overall %.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 10:49 AM   #16116
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

The elapsed time for me is about 19 weeks, that’s from when I booked, to a fortnight after second dose. I waited a fortnight after my father’s first vaccination in case he became ill as a side-effect and needed more TLC - if we’d both been unwell it wouldn’t have been workable. (I had great concerns about relinquishing him to paid care; I eventually did and it promptly led to his death.)

To bring the second dose forward from the twelve week point might look good for the government right now, but it implicitly compromises the result and that’s just back-loading a contract. The reasons overall in my case might be somewhat unique but the long timeline is likely more common than credited.
Old 18-10-2021, 10:49 AM   #16117
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Well bugger me..............

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...6d0a8b25858706
Old 18-10-2021, 11:19 AM   #16118
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow, but nothing surprises me out of the States
Old 18-10-2021, 11:26 AM   #16119
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
The elapsed time for me is about 19 weeks, that’s from when I booked, to a fortnight after second dose. I waited a fortnight after my father’s first vaccination in case he became ill as a side-effect and needed more TLC - if we’d both been unwell it wouldn’t have been workable. (I had great concerns about relinquishing him to paid care; I eventually did and it promptly led to his death.)

To bring the second dose forward from the twelve week point might look good for the government right now, but it implicitly compromises the result and that’s just back-loading a contract. The reasons overall in my case might be somewhat unique but the long timeline is likely more common than credited.
But you didnt have to get the jab sooner, people made the choice. Ive stuck to my 12 weeks with AZ, dont see why you would go through all this fuss, years of lockdown to stuff around over a couple of weeks to make a target.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 18-10-2021, 11:28 AM   #16120
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post

This made it into the news as its own article?
With 1000+ deaths a day in the US still I figured this type of story would be very common
3 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 12:26 PM   #16121
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 17th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

2,149 new cases for Australia and 16 deaths so the CMR is 1.070%.

52 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.561%.

The UK had 44,696 cases yesterday and 57 deaths for a CMR of 1.640%.

34,320 new cases in the USA yesterday and 464 deaths sees CMR at 1.626%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)

Brunei (504); and
Russia (34,303)
... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Germany and Guatemala drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 18-10-2021, 12:32 PM   #16122
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

The local primary school is making up for lost opportunities. If I had a beer every time Principal Stentor said “…boys and girls” over the PA this morning, I’d be well on the way to doing a Dylan Thomas.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 02:25 PM   #16123
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

5 schools affected here today, all from traveling on school buses

Interesting times ahead me thinks
2 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 03:40 PM   #16124
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
5 schools affected here today, all from traveling on school buses

Interesting times ahead me thinks
But yet they want to play Russian roulette with our own children, I have a child (9yrs) so unable to be vaccinated that is immune compromised , we visit the Royal Children's every 6 months for treatment in Haematology.

I also have another child that is 5 years old in the same school, that is today back at school due to the incompetent ruling that allows them to be back at school. My 9 year old has remote schooling today but back tomorrow where we have already been alerted to some students in his year/class that have been visiting family in Melb etc and disobeying the Covid directives but yet selfishly their families think it's all ok to put my child at risk because evidently if you listen to most , Covid is only a cold in children and they get over it so easily.........

I am really annoyed at the lack of respect to those that have children that are immune compromised and have no options, if you take them out of school, they are classed as absent, we are unable to remote learn as according to the school the directives are that all student's are to be on site.

It's very much politically driven the decisions made of late and not to the safety or thoughts of those that are very vulnerable to Covid, no fault of their own.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 04:43 PM   #16125
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
But yet they want to play Russian roulette with our own children, I have a child (9yrs) so unable to be vaccinated that is immune compromised , we visit the Royal Children's every 6 months for treatment in Haematology.

I also have another child that is 5 years old in the same school, that is today back at school due to the incompetent ruling that allows them to be back at school. My 9 year old has remote schooling today but back tomorrow where we have already been alerted to some students in his year/class that have been visiting family in Melb etc and disobeying the Covid directives but yet selfishly their families think it's all ok to put my child at risk because evidently if you listen to most , Covid is only a cold in children and they get over it so easily.........

I am really annoyed at the lack of respect to those that have children that are immune compromised and have no options, if you take them out of school, they are classed as absent, we are unable to remote learn as according to the school the directives are that all student's are to be on site.

It's very much politically driven the decisions made of late and not to the safety or thoughts of those that are very vulnerable to Covid, no fault of their own.
Thats is a very tough situation, Im not going to pretend to understand what the compromise may mean but with 3 kids <13yo I am torn (our 13yo got his first the other week). But I have had my kids going to school during the whole thing as we have both been working so we are lucky.

For yourself and Trev, I don't know exactly what you want from the Gov or society? How can they/we cater for everyone?

The only practical thing I can think of is for you to wait until a jab is OK for kids which will be some time off, in the mean time the high percentage of the population needs to get back to work.

Not entirely sure there is a right answer here?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 18-10-2021, 04:45 PM   #16126
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You sound like my eldest daughter, her eldest, 14, has asthma, her youngest, 8, has significant coeliac and is immune compromised, she gets so angry (boiling point angry) at parents of healthy kids for so little consideration for others. My daughter is taking immune suppressants as well. Her 2 eldest 2, 14 & 12 got their first vaccine jab today happily
Old 18-10-2021, 04:48 PM   #16127
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Not entirely sure there is a right answer here?
a bit of understanding from the masses would be really helpful, not the ****ty '**** you' attitude

A bit of 'oh my kids are healthy, but what about other kids' would be really ****ing good, for a start
Old 18-10-2021, 04:50 PM   #16128
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
a bit of understanding from the masses would be really helpful, not the ****ty '**** you' attitude

A bit of 'oh my kids are healthy, but what about other kids' would be really ****ing good, for a start
Cant speak for everyone else but I don't think I have the capacity to think of every unique situation out there, its impossible. That doesn't mean we operate with reckless abandon but decisions are made for the majority that hopefully doesn't negatively effect the minority?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 18-10-2021 at 05:17 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 04:53 PM   #16129
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Can speak for everyone else but I don't think I have the capacity to think of every unique situation out there, its impossible. That doesn't mean we operate with reckless abandon but decisions are made for the majority that hopefully doesn't negatively effect the minority?
I am not sure how many times our premier has said things like 'think of the vulnerable' but not too many listen, probably coz it doesn't apply immediately to them
Old 18-10-2021, 04:59 PM   #16130
nstg8a

Quote:
I am not sure how many times our premier has said things like 'think of the vulnerable' but not too many listen, probably coz it doesn't apply immediately to them

But what exactly do you expect to happen?

Do we shut down the whole of society to protect the weak?
How did immune compromised people function in society before hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 05:06 PM   #16131
tweeked
N/A all the way

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/defa...compromise.pdf

This was a surprise to me as all I have heard is people saying that they cannot be immunised due to being compromised, but it seems they need the vaccine more than everyone else. (It is a different matter for children as it has only been the last month or so that ATAGI changed there advice for them).

I should read less on social media and listen to doctors more!!!!

Old 18-10-2021, 05:09 PM   #16132
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The 3 adult immune compromised women in my family have all received both jabs and 2 of them very very early on - they are now looking for the booster that was talked about last week
3 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 05:11 PM   #16133
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
if that 'weak' was YOUR 8 year old daughter, what would you expect?

I have a special needs child, I do not expect society to be locked up for him. It breaks my heart every time I see him unable to do things, and know it is for his whole life.

But I am not going to ask for every other kid to miss out to even things up.

Old 18-10-2021, 05:22 PM   #16134
burnz
VFII SS UTE

why is it the people on this forum think that being vaccinated makes you immune?

you can/will get it, your vaccination status is irrelevant,
you get it your a carrier..
Old 18-10-2021, 05:24 PM   #16135
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
so you don't mind if **** happens to him - interesting parenting
No I care, but I take it upon myself to ensure that he is looked after, I make personal sacrifices every day to make sure he is looked after. I dont expect everyone else make sacrifices to do it.

You are the interesting one.

Old 18-10-2021, 05:34 PM   #16136
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57
where has that been said?
what does this imply, or is it just poorly written..
their are other's in earlier pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
You know what T3, I don't think there is, if she gets covid then it's her own fault, and if she now wants it then bad luck, I just don't understand people like that, I was reading about non vaxxers in ICU begging for a vaccination, being told no!
It was a news article, don't ask me what and where I don't know,may of been normal 6pm news.
Old 18-10-2021, 05:35 PM   #16137
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how far do I need to go back to find that little gem?

If you think people don't know that here now, you need to stick around a bit more often
Old 18-10-2021, 05:38 PM   #16138
burnz
VFII SS UTE

i don't normally come to this thread trev;
only for russ's updated charts..

oh and the post is on the same page..16103
Old 18-10-2021, 05:39 PM   #16139
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry @russellw, I was posting on here and my favourite (totally unmoderated) American drag racing forum at the same time (2 screens and 2 pages open) and got a bit carried away
2 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 05:43 PM   #16140
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
what does this imply, or is it just poorly written..
their are other's in earlier pages.
You could argue he is nearly correct.

You dont catch Covid, you catch SARS-CoV-2. You may then develop Covid-19.

Your chance of catching SARS-CoV-2 is reduced somewhat (less than what was being claimed IMO), but then your chance of developing Covid-19 is significantly reduced.

So yes you are 100% correct, though it is a bit like saying motorcycle helmets are no good, because although the save you a lot of the time from brain injury, they do not prevent it completely.

3 users like this post:
Closed Thread