Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 25-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
Teflon Turbo
Banned

Thumbs down BA XR6 Turbo Is Doomed, BF XR6T To Follow!

After nearly coming to blows with a prospective buyer the other day and since I have had my T up for sale (BF) I have had every possible imbecile come to have a look.

It seems the VL Turbo rejects are done with their rides (for obvious reasons) and now focusing on BA XR6 Turbos, BUT, trying their arrogant, smart alec, tyre kicking, broke bums, ball busting, pathetic, ego trippin mentality on BFs trying to negotiate (via so called knowledgeable fault finding) prices way out of their budget and class.

In my opinion BA/F's are respectable looking cars with hopefully respectable drivers and again hopefully backed up by hoon statistics even after mods.

These VL Turbo parasites are migrating towards our nice clean cut cars as they get cheaper to buy.

My theory is if we sell these cars to those morons the BA's will become the next VL Turbo and the whole image of the car will be slaughtered and the cars themselves will be slaughtered.

I have now closed my doors to ex-VL Turbo owners and it's easy to do to because the first two things these imbeciles tell you is... 1. I'm a mechanic and 2. I use to have a VL Turbo.

Does anyone else get the vibe that the BA XRT's could be headed the way of the VL Turbo?

Old 25-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

i hope not as im looking to sell my ba very soon! worse comes to worse i will trade it in
Old 25-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #3
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes ive thought this for some time, but even if you wont sell your car to them, there are plenty of people that will.

There is a positive though, the majority of car nuts that i talk to are into Holdens, at least this will get alot more people into Fords.
Old 25-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

AHAHA..thats sad and a crack up at the same time. It was bound to happen though.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 25-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I agree the BA/F Turbos will become the modern day VL Turbo
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 25-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #6
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

yep all the P platers that have the Vl's and stuff all like the BA/BF XR6T's.
Thay all say there fully sick and thay do mad burnouts and all the norm its anoys the hell outa me that if thay get there hands on one thay will ride it off and or kill themself hmmm
Old 25-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #7
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

I agree, While it might be sad to see the backwards cap brigade in the B seriess turbos, look at this way, a lot more people are going to be getting into Fords, instead of Holdens, or better yet instead of jap imports. While it doesn't mean anything now, in the future it will be more people buying new Falcons. Meanwhile it will also mean that the B series XR6Ts value should never sink too much lower than it already has.
Old 25-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #8
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

Its like this already
Old 25-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #9
burnz
VFII SS UTE

thats a sale that you lost, who care's who buying as long as they can pay.

i wonder what the dealer though when a ford fan buy's a turbo.
rubs hands together or hoon/cop magnet??
Old 25-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #10
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

At least it's a well liked car, but by the wrong people. I'd almost liken it more to the skyline, a much more common car on our roads(at least in adel) than vl turbos, another good turbo base car with virtually unlimited modifying potential and cheap too. The owners of skylines seem a "little" more refined than vlturbo owners too..
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:08 PM   #11
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
thats a sale that you lost, who care's who buying as long as they can pay.
Yep and I've never understood the people that do who do care.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #12
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Does this mean V8s will become classy again after 30 years in the Bogan wilderness? heres hoping : .

BA Xr8 and VZ SS are already looking like the sensible mature choice with ricer wannabes in XR6T's, P Plate Holden Fanboys stuck in 6 cylinders and bogans now driving utes.

As long as the G6ET doesnt become the choice then I will be very angry.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Old 25-08-2009, 08:12 PM   #13
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon Turbo
Does anyone else get the vibe that the BA XRT's could be headed the way of the VL Turbo?
Depends on how far the seat winds back. Have they asked for the optional rear steelies?

At least having the turbo stops (most) P platers from turning up. They will be popular though with the just off P plate fraternity. Now they are getting on in age, plenty around and relatively cheap.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 25-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #14
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Quote:

100%... From the day the put 'Turbo' under the XR6 badge.

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Old 25-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #15
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

There's a BA turbo in a car yard in darwin for $16k... Cheapest I've seen yet and not that far above the value of a VL Turbo. It'll happen - cult car for the wrong reason.

Awful thought: when this happens to FG XR6T's in 5 years time, does that make a G6E-T the equivalent of a calais turbo? Eek!

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
Old 25-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #16
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletGT
Its like this already
Thats what I thought.

Heaps of young people buying and modding XR6Ts now. It went from VLturbos to WRXs and now its the XR6Ts turn to be the cult car.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #17
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

If they have the cash, I could care less about the stereotypes.
Pay me now and be on your way, enjoy it !
Old 25-08-2009, 08:21 PM   #18
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

I wouldn't worry, most people who own VL turbo's are most likely to "upgrade" and i use the term very loosly, to a VN Calias lol!
Old 25-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #19
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletGT
Its like this already

Yep, sit outside Thomastown maccas on a cool night and watch the Ba Turbo's zooming up and down Dalton Rd with their VL counterparts.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #20
b2tf
not here much anymore

As for starting a thread about how you feel a particular make of car is doomed because of the people buying it, maybe we should be asking why you bought one in the first place?
Old 25-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #21
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUlien
If they have the cash, I could care less about the stereotypes.
Pay me now and be on your way, enjoy it !
that's the thing about the people who buy these things, who used to own VL turbos..they all pay cash, bro..
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #22
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Does anyone else get the vibe that the BA XRT's could be headed the way of the VL Turbo?[/QUOTE]
Yep,give it a year and we will see an 9s from street driven XRs.

Maybe interstate but not in Adelaide.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #23
Teflon Turbo
Banned

sorry, all the ex vl turbo owners that came to view my ride were time wasters and tyre kickers, their only intention was to bust my chops.

they bring an entourage of nutjobs along with them, make ridiculous offers, put the ride down and want a lifetime warranty to boot.

I don't know how these scabs make it through life.

the intelligent car buyers do the rounds, compare get a feel for the situation, never make initial offers, ask relevant questions are patient, have their finances in order and above all are polite and respectful. One can negotiate with civilised human beings.

Last edited by Teflon Turbo; 25-08-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Typo...
Old 25-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #24
iliov
Banned

I cant wait. More fame to ford the better.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #25
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane
As long as the G6ET doesnt become the choice then I will be very angry.
Remember the VL Calais turbo? Might even get XR6T's with G6E front ends.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #26
ovl351
Boost Happy

What is with all the VL Turbo bashing? The reason they were/are a cult car is because in their day they were a great performance vehicle, that had everything that we love about our XRTs:
* bullet proof motor,
* easily modded,
* good looking (best of the early commo's IMO), and
* great local aftermarket support.

Yeah they are getting long in the tooth now but that indicates that the good ones are owned by enthusiasts, and the rubbish ones are passed around by the bogans who only dream about getting behind the wheel of an XRT.

VL Turbos have an awsome drag racing record and some street driven ones out there are absolute weapons, if the B series reaches the VL Turbo status, I for one will be stoked.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:06 PM   #27
barbarian
Banned

couldn't agree more ovl351

Nissan's RB30 motor is just as indestructible (if not more solid) as Fords i6, same applies to RB25DET and RB26DETT in previous GTR's
Old 25-08-2009, 11:12 PM   #28
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovl351
What is with all the VL Turbo bashing? The reason they were/are a cult car is because in their day they were a great performance vehicle, that had everything that we love about our XRTs:
* bullet proof motor,
* easily modded,
* good looking (best of the early commo's IMO), and
* great local aftermarket support.

Yeah they are getting long in the tooth now but that indicates that the good ones are owned by enthusiasts, and the rubbish ones are passed around by the bogans who only dream about getting behind the wheel of an XRT.

VL Turbos have an awsome drag racing record and some street driven ones out there are absolute weapons, if the B series reaches the VL Turbo status, I for one will be stoked.
I for one agree, and I do love the VL turbo. Gave alot of us ford fans from the late 80's a sinking feeling when they saw one. Obviously I was not one of them, but you get the idea. I think what the OP was getting at is the general type of person most likely to own/drive one nowadays is, unfortunatly, a toss. Of course they aren't all bad..but I've met a few, and they are all the same. Full of themselves, full of money and short on brains. The car in itself is fantastic. Bullet proof bottom end, as you said, easy as sin to mod/get parts for, and above all else cheap. But it's not the car, it's the driver. The cars just a piece of machinery. The driver is often the reason peoples perceptions are good or bad, in respect to the car. The car didn't ask to be stereotyped, but hey it's what's in everyone's heads now.
Game. Reinvented.

Old 26-08-2009, 01:15 AM   #29
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Quote:
It seems the VL Turbo rejects are done with their rides (for obvious reasons) and now focusing on BA XR6 Turbos, BUT, trying their arrogant, smart alec, tyre kicking, broke bums, ball busting, pathetic, ego trippin mentality on BFs trying to negotiate (via so called knowledgeable fault finding) prices way out of their budget and class.
Hey Teflon,

Why don't you tell us what you really think :

Or do we dare not ask......... :

But lets be honest anything thats cheap, easily modified, plenty of parts and reliable will always be a car of choice as such. Especially Ford or Holden where theres lots of parts cheap and plenty of mechanics who have worked on them when new.
Old 26-08-2009, 03:16 AM   #30
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

commodore drivers = sheep . follow the leader
Closed Thread