Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
aufairmontghia
XR6

Default Au Fairmont Ghia Swaying From Rear

Hi All

My Au Fairmont Ghia is swaying from side to side from the rear while driving!!! It's like the IRS or rear wheels are moving independently of the body.

It's got to the point were the car is almost undriveable & unsafe to drive even while driving in a straight line...

I'm using another car in the meantime & have it booked in with the mechanic tomorrow...

Just wondering if anyone out there has experienced this?? Is there anything I could look at or check in the meantime????

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

aufairmontghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
Ghiagirl
Budding Revhead

Hey mate, recently had a similar prob with my au ghia. Back end started pulling left or right with a mind of it's own. I could also hear a thunking noise (almost sounded like rear wheel had warped). It ended up that my driveshaft had come loose (quited rare apparently), Luckily it only required re-tightening. If it is the same thing I wouldn't risk driving it unless it's going straight to your mechanic.

Good luck

His: Winter White 99 AU Fairmont,6 cyl, 17" Tickford Rims, nice and stock
This mum's in mod mode

www.aufalcon.com/ghiagirl
Ghiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post