Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-02-2005, 03:29 AM   #1
FoxMulder

Default Posting from America (Ebay)

I've got a bit of a dilemma. I'm a big fan of the Kung Fu series, (both the old and the new[er]), and have found this practice kung fu sword on Ebay signed by David Carradine. (They also have pictures of him signing it).

I've sent him a question in regards to how much it would cost to post, and was told that it's too long for them to post to Australia.

Is there any other way to get it here. Does anybody know what shipping company would be able to get this product in.

The ebay item is here: Signed David Carradine Kung Fu Wooden Sword
FoxMulder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 05:44 AM   #2
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

It's not even a 100cms long.
Not sure on United states postal service rules but Oz post will deal with 105cms max.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 08:45 AM   #3
Dodge
i like to be stroked

u will have to UPS it but it will have to be cleared by a customs oficer and u may have get a caracter referance from the police to say ur a good boy.
Old 17-02-2005, 08:46 AM   #4
Dodge
i like to be stroked

it would make good fire wood LOL is that one made for pinociho
Old 17-02-2005, 12:02 PM   #5
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good luck getting it in, not for its size but the fact its a weapon.
Still, give customs a ring and see what they say.

Oh and the fact its made of wood wont help either, it could contain various insects and will have to be quarantined and fumigated.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.

Last edited by XR Martin; 17-02-2005 at 12:06 PM.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #6
chelvdog
Soul baby

The sad fact is that Bruce Lee came up with the idea for the Kung Fu series, but wasn't given the lead role because he looked TOO asian!!! David Carradine was a dancer when given the role and had never done any martial arts in his life up until that point. Just a bit of useless trivia for y'all.
Old 17-02-2005, 12:19 PM   #7
BJ
Banned

Ther is next to no way you will get it in the country unless you have a dangerous imports licence. And yes i i no what i am talking about because I import marial arts gear. And before you arsk NO.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 12:29 PM   #8
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH7472
Ther is next to no way you will get it in the country unless you have a dangerous imports licence. And yes i i no what i am talking about because I import marial arts gear. And before you arsk NO.

Sorry couldnt help myself but...

Marital art or martial art?

: : e : :
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 01:05 PM   #9
BJ
Banned

you just had to didnt you
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 01:13 PM   #10
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH7472
Really? That hard? hmm *recalls 95% of Airsoft replica guns although illegal getting through*

I may or may not know someone that might have sent back a cirtain fire arm while they could have been on duty in the Solomans... just piece by piece :hihi:

Think I might need to go through someone like you once I start to get 'battle ready' carbon steele swords in :
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 03:17 PM   #11
xceler8shun
Ford Fanatic

I had 3 golf clubs come by post from the US with no problems, dont know what that guy is saying that it is too long. Maybe he is just to lazy to actually find out and is giving you a BS answer
xceler8shun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 03:56 PM   #12
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I've paid up to $20 US just for a record to be sent to me before. Generally tho $12 covers this for express mail(and thats prob only a kg or two). All depends on the items weight.

Try checking http://www.usps.com/ for pricing (it can vary from state to state due to weird laws they have) after you have a chat with customs re getting the item in ok.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 08:36 PM   #13
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99
I may or may not know someone that might have sent back a cirtain fire arm while they could have been on duty in the Solomans... just piece by piece :hihi:
Don't give me any ideas I may or may not act apon.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2005, 02:40 AM   #14
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Being wooden may escape weapons laws.
I have had organic? things sent to me (customs opened the box & inspected it)
Stuff from Arizona, coffee coasters made from stone/clay from the grand canyon and some wooden thing from indians and that got to me ok.
Opened & inspected by customs so i know they saw it.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2005, 07:27 AM   #15
FoxMulder

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm just waiting for another reply from the seller, (to find out what makes it so long). As soon as I get the O.K. from him, (which I suspect he won't give) I'll give customs a call to see if it actually can be imported.
I can't see why it wouldn't be, it's about as dangerous as a broomstick! Not to mention it's a collectable.
FoxMulder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2005, 08:22 AM   #16
Dodge
i like to be stroked

yes collectable for someone in customs, get insurance and ship with UPS if u want to see it again. i would love some ninja knives to do the gardening. I have my staff sticks from my Wing chung days.
Old 18-02-2005, 10:20 AM   #17
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
I have my staff sticks from my Wing chung days.
My bro did that and it was suprising some of the weapons he could buy legally at the time.... It'd probably be tougher now tho...

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post