Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #31
Phildo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent work on the BF Brake information. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Photo Essay - Centre Console Disassembly 
Default Re: Avoid Phat Custom Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont
no offence, but sif a bank will do a chargeback because your bodykit you purchased doesnt fit quite right
It's contract law. Because you are paying the bank, then you have a contract with the bank. Then bank has a contract with the supplier, because there is a financial transaction between the bank and supplier.

That makes it a two step process, involving three parties (you, bank, supplier). You're paying the bank, so the bank has an obligation to provide the items that you are paying it for.

I didn't know about this until a couple of years ago. I was on holiday at a place, and the owner got very nasty with one of the guests for no reason. There was a bunch more to it, but the guest ended up leaving.

He turned out to be a top lawyer (which he kept secret about to everyone except me and my girlfriend). Real nice guy to, we had dinner with him a few days later and have spoken with him a few times since.

He put it to the resort owner to give him a refund. No more, no less. The owner was a c*nt and kept abusing him.

A lot of people that stayed at that resort got refunds. What we visited was not what was represented before we booked, so we didn't get what we paid for. Personally, I didn't pursue a refund and I regret not doing so.

The resort owner did all sorts of dodgy stuff. I actually went there a second time, hoping that he would have calmed down and was maybe just having a bad week the first time. Nup, on the second time it was like a prison - there was even a rule that everyone had to be in their rooms by 11pm each night! Not to mention the abusive way he was treating guests. It was like a version of Faulty Towers, but not in a funny way.

Mr Lawyer advised numerous people on credit card law and how to get refunds, which they all got. The resort owner went broke and there is now one less dodgy operator ripping off people in the tourism business.
Read about it all at Cabloid, the web site that has stories and photos about my life driving a taxi at night.
www.cabloid.com.au
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #32
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont
no offence, but sif a bank will do a chargeback because your bodykit you purchased doesnt fit quite right

What Phildo says is correct.

You are the banks customer and they are there to serve you.

I was once ripped off by a motel to the tune of about $200 through room overcharge. I booked a limo to return to the airport, and the motel forgot to charge it to me, and put the charge onto my Visa after 3 months. I contacted the bank and told them I never authorized payment, reversed the same day!

The same will occur with goods not as described!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #33
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
What Phildo says is correct.

You are the banks customer and they are there to serve you.

I was once ripped off by a motel to the tune of about $200 through room overcharge. I booked a limo to return to the airport, and the motel forgot to charge it to me, and put the charge onto my Visa after 3 months. I contacted the bank and told them I never authorized payment, reversed the same day!

The same will occur with goods not as described!
Have you a link for this?

I tried this avenue several months ago with my bank and they said they couldn't help me. I paid for the item and reported it as not as described.

They told me it was a case for consumer affairs (who were no help as well).

I have had a few other transactions reversed but these were not authorised by me and were fraud related.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #34
Phildo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent work on the BF Brake information. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Photo Essay - Centre Console Disassembly 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Have you a link for this?

I tried this avenue several months ago with my bank and they said they couldn't help me. I paid for the item and reported it as not as described.

They told me it was a case for consumer affairs (who were no help as well).

I have had a few other transactions reversed but these were not authorised by me and were fraud related.
Sounds like the bank staff that you dealt with were wrong.

I'll call the guy tonight and get some more info from him.

Meanwhile:
http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&cp=3...w=1384&bih=997

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback

http://www.creditcardfinder.com.au/h...ansaction.html

http://www.money-tips.com.au/article...ee-/Page1.html

http://www.australiancreditcards.com...d-transaction/
Read about it all at Cabloid, the web site that has stories and photos about my life driving a taxi at night.
www.cabloid.com.au
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #35
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo
I looked over the links and none that I can see mention reversing for items not as described.

Anyway, the matter is still not closed, actually I'll make the final nasty phone call tomorrow.

Oh, and to the OP. This is how you get a dodgy company back. Search the net for EVERY business review / company review / buyers opinion / feedback site and register. Then post on every single one your dealings, making sure you use lots of 'key searchable words' so that your complaints will be found in a search when they are looking for the same in google.

Keep the complaint factual and short.

I bought a Laptop battery from a company and had to return it due to it being faulty at my own cost... They were very apologetic in the emails but it's been near 2 month and still no refund. Their last email from me was a threat that if I don't get my money back in full by Friday I will swamp the net in the same way I have described above. I have saved over a dozen review sites and look fwd to Sat morning.

And it DOES work. I did the same after dodgy dealings with a travel insurance company and I got an email from the site asking me to confirm and explain my 'review'. They left what I had written word for word with my reply. 2 weeks later the same company started a large big budget radio advertising campaign and must have tried to get the (many) bad reviews removed.

Cheers,

Jason
Old 16-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #36
vigilante000
/\/\etaL and V8s -Awesome

Ah...no.. was direct debit. Just so you know, i dont do credit cards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BA XR8 MKII

EB Falcon ThermoFan Conversion

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...t=vigilante000

BA Falcon ICC Speaker Wiring

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11342785

BA Wiper Motor in XE

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=1#post5393955
vigilante000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #37
phil545
Hot Hatch!

Hey vigilante - i too fell for the same as you mate and went with PCK, had all the same problems as you posted with the kit not fitting like it should. All the same gaps you had, check out my built thread for some pics of it finished (my panel beater did a top job but charged me decent for it to get it to look the way it did) He even rang Ron and wanted to strangle the bloke as he wouldnt budge or beleive his kit was at fault.
I ended up smashing the front bar anyways so i went with SSV and so glad i did! it looks like a genuine bar. I will try and find the pics my panel beater took of it not fitting and post em up

Edit - yay found the pics - this is just some of them, if anyone wants all of them just drop me a pm and ill email them to you

New Build Thread! http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11396029

Old BF Falcon Build Thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11317452

Last edited by phil545; 17-08-2011 at 12:37 PM.
phil545 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #38
vigilante000

How can you screw up the length of side skirts really!! I can accept some minor adjustments front and rear of the car, but a sill panel length NEVER changes length, I wonder if they take their moulds from wrecks,coz that is what it seems all their measurements are from, disfigured wrecks!!

They need to be put out of business, if you even call it that!

BA XR8 MKII

BA Wiper Motor in XE

Old 17-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #39
phil545
Hot Hatch!

Couldnt agree more mate, the best we can do is spread the word so their revenue takes a hit by people going else where!

Old BF Falcon Build Thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11317452
Old 17-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #40
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I looked over the links and none that I can see mention reversing for items not as described.

Could I get a chargeback if I ordered a specific brand of product and received another one instead? Yes, there are various reasons for a chargeback including a “not as described” rule. Getting the incorrect brand falls under that category.
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #41
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:

Anyway, the matter is still not closed, actually I'll make the final nasty phone call tomorrow.

Well, what a bloody surprise. As soon as you threaten legal action and going to the media I get the boss calling me back the same day telling me I will be getting my refund in full within a few weeks.

Only took 6 months.
Old 18-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #42
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by plarazza

Could I get a chargeback if I ordered a specific brand of product and received another one instead? Yes, there are various reasons for a chargeback including a “not as described” rule. Getting the incorrect brand falls under that category.
Getting something different is clear cut. My 'Not as described' was verbal. Whole different kettle of fish. Becomes a 'who said what' slinging match.

Hopefully they come through with the money.
Old 18-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #43
nstg8a

Default Re: Avoid These Custom Kits

why was the thread title changed?
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #44
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
why was the thread title changed?
Doesnt really matter why but ..... because.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #45
nstg8a

Quote:

Well, what a bloody surprise. As soon as you threaten legal action and going to the media I get the boss calling me back the same day telling me I will be getting my refund in full within a few weeks.

Only took 6 months.
im surprised something hasnt been done already, in regards to legal action anyway. either he has a lawyer in his pocket or the majority of disgruntled customers (and if you look round different forums phat custom kits has a bad name everywhere) just drop it into the too hard basket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
awesome, clears it right up. cheers.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #46
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
im surprised something hasnt been done already, in regards to legal action anyway. either he has a lawyer in his pocket or the majority of disgruntled customers (and if you look round different forums phat custom kits has a bad name everywhere) just drop it into the too hard basket.
I was referring to my own issues when the credit card charge back option was raised.
Old 18-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #47
vigilante000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau

Hmmm these businesses need to be named and shamed, hiding the fact doesnt make any sense to me and as we all have proof, these are not slanderous allegations, these are actual facts, changing the title to be "forum friendly" is against what forums are all about, putting things out there so people know whats going on!

Anyway do as you please, im an admin of my own Warcraft Guild site I know you have "the power to do whatsever" so you can do anything that nobody wants you to do.... so be it...

BA XR8 MKII

BA Wiper Motor in XE

Old 18-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #48
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

........ its not a big issue. The big issue is if I closed or deleted this thread. Then everyone can have a sook about it.

The thread is still going with the name published throughout the thread ..... everyone is having their say. 2 sides to every story but facts are facts and backed by photos is damning to the company so its shamed, everyone has been notified and job done so far ........ but my call to tone down the thread title a little is my call. Started to explain why before but decided it wasn't warranted as closing, moving, deleting and explaining gets a little repetitive sometimes ..... and this one was not report worthy on my motives.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #49
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

If you google Phat Custom Kits, then this thread comes up early on so I don't see the issue. In Google it still has the original thread title.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #50
Sterling
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

can anybody recommend a supplier? i was very close to buying the TS50 bodykit from PHAT Custom Kits when i got sent the link to this thread...

Im in Frankston Vic, so dandenong is not too far..
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #51
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo
It's contract law. Because you are paying the bank, then you have a contract with the bank. Then bank has a contract with the supplier, because there is a financial transaction between the bank and supplier.

That makes it a two step process, involving three parties (you, bank, supplier). You're paying the bank, so the bank has an obligation to provide the items that you are paying it for.

I didn't know about this until a couple of years ago. I was on holiday at a place, and the owner got very nasty with one of the guests for no reason. There was a bunch more to it, but the guest ended up leaving.

He turned out to be a top lawyer (which he kept secret about to everyone except me and my girlfriend). Real nice guy to, we had dinner with him a few days later and have spoken with him a few times since.

He put it to the resort owner to give him a refund. No more, no less. The owner was a c*nt and kept abusing him.

A lot of people that stayed at that resort got refunds. What we visited was not what was represented before we booked, so we didn't get what we paid for. Personally, I didn't pursue a refund and I regret not doing so.

The resort owner did all sorts of dodgy stuff. I actually went there a second time, hoping that he would have calmed down and was maybe just having a bad week the first time. Nup, on the second time it was like a prison - there was even a rule that everyone had to be in their rooms by 11pm each night! Not to mention the abusive way he was treating guests. It was like a version of Faulty Towers, but not in a funny way.

Mr Lawyer advised numerous people on credit card law and how to get refunds, which they all got. The resort owner went broke and there is now one less dodgy operator ripping off people in the tourism business.
That's all well and good, and if the Bank pays up, then I suppose you've had a win. Ultimately though, the fact that you've dealt with a dodgy operator shouldn't be the Bank's fault. Maybe you need to pick your hotels better instead of expecting the Bank to make good?
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #52
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling
can anybody recommend a supplier? i was very close to buying the TS50 bodykit from PHAT Custom Kits when i got sent the link to this thread...

Im in Frankston Vic, so dandenong is not too far..
Fibresports is who you should see. Forum sponsor. Have a look at their section.

Talk to them about shipping
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #53
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha your welcome Sterling :P Glad I pointed this out before you bought one!
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #54
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Fibresports is who you should see. Forum sponsor. Have a look at their section.

Talk to them about shipping
I'll second that I have a fibersports front and the fit was great the transaction and delivery fast and trouble free and their staff a pleasure to talk to

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #55
Sterling
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Haha your welcome Sterling :P Glad I pointed this out before you bought one!
haha, mathew? small world.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #56
icer
Winning's Winning!

my phat custom GT front bar was also a fail. As all above pics. This time i will be going ssv/fibresport.

Now with new setup 460rwkw on 15psi. 30PSI is fun!
icer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #57
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling
haha, mathew? small world.
Yerp!v
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #58
toothless
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i am from sydney and i too was going to buy this on monday till a friend pointed me to this thread but for the ef falcon so i wonder if its the same with the problem you guys are having with the ba

http://www.phatcustomkits.com.au/cat.../46/image/213/
Old 04-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #59
phil545
Hot Hatch!

Yeah i think the problem is they are the only ones who make a phoon bar for the E series. Its just a risk you will have to take, some bars come out good, most don't, which is a shame their build quality isnt consistent

Old 04-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #60
a-total-tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil545
Yeah i think the problem is they are the only ones who make a phoon bar for the E series. Its just a risk you will have to take, some bars come out good, most don't, which is a shame their build quality isnt consistent
no they are not. There are other places. I have (only) the rear typhoon bar for my EL - this was purchased from Newgel in Canberra. No issues with the quality, thickness ot fitment at all. Would definitely recommend those guys
a-total-tool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post