Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Default wtf is wrong with people??

Just caught Nine news, last night they had shown a roo shot through the neck with a crossbow bolt, tonight the rspca has found another one that has been tied and dragged behind a car till it died.

How many kangaroos have been killed inhumanely over the last 12 months (That we know about)??

Half a dozen?

It's rediculous!

How someone can do this is beyond me...

Would love to catch someone doing this one day, see how they like being shot in the neck with a bolt or dragged by their legs behind a car.

Sorry just had to get that off my chest.
: :

Old 01-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

animal cruelty is just disgusting, unless an animal is about to kill your two year old daughter or something just leave them alone and they will give you the same priveledge!
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

We are way too soft on this sort of thing.

There is no fear for the law. If these people do get caught what will happen?? They will say that they are insane, they will get a slap on the wrist, they will get a small fine, a suspended sentence etc etc etc. Perhaps they are 16?? Can't show their faces then of course...

What a joke. We have some very evil sick "children from unmarried parents" in this country...

Even that youtube clip from late last year... did they ever trace the clip??

What will it take for the powers that be to stand up and show that this is NOT ON...
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #4
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
We are way too soft on this sort of thing.

There is no fear for the law. If these people do get caught what will happen?? They will say that they are insane, they will get a slap on the wrist, they will get a small fine, a suspended sentence etc etc etc. Perhaps they are 16?? Can't show their faces then of course...

What a joke. We have some very evil sick "children from unmarried parents" in this country...

Even that youtube clip from late last year... did they ever trace the clip??

What will it take for the powers that be to stand up and show that this is NOT ON...
A complete overhaul of the legal system and the judges replaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #5
balimuklas

its domination and cyber bullies letting off steam
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I hate seeing threads like this. Being an animal lover it tears me up...Poor bloody kangaroo.

No wonder I like animals more then people.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #7
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

More cruelty, this time two puppies in England:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-12377,00.html

Quote:
The seven-week-old puppies were rescued by a passerby who was alerted by the dogs yelping as their fur began to burn with a gang of youths slowly roasting them over a bonfire on a canal bank near the northern England city of Manchester, UK newspaper the Daily Mail reported.' The walker Melanie Johnson, 32, ordered the teens to release dogs as they struggled to escape the flames. "I just could not believe the cruelty being shown by these kids," Ms Johnson told the Daily Mail. If I hadn't turned up, I think they would have burned the dogs alive." Miss Johnson, from Rochdale, added: "Most of the kids were aged 12, 13 or older. But some were as young as ten. I was ripping mad and still am to think that anyone - least of all children - could do this." She took the two puppies from the bank and carried them to the safety of her home before wrapping them in a towel and taking them to an RSPCA shelter. The cross-bred pups were examined by a vet after the incident in Newbold, Rochdale on Friday and were found to be in generally good health.

The kids will get off scott free, coz you know they're innocent children pfft!

I wanna know what makes them want to do that?? I'd love to ask them why and how would they feel if someone did that to them??
Old 05-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #8
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR

I wanna know what makes them want to do that?? I'd love to ask them why and how would they feel if someone did that to them??

WHAT THE HELL.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #9
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by balimuklas
its domination and cyber bullies letting off steam
Is that supposed to be amusing?
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 12:21 AM   #10
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As for the Roo's, sadly I dont think anyone will care all that much, when it comes to finding and prosecuting someone. I could be wrong. From what I understand in some areas, they're deemed pests. If anyone was tracked down, simply saying that the said Kangaroo was on their property and endangering life stock, slap on the wrist, if that.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 12:36 AM   #11
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
As for the Roo's, sadly I dont think anyone will care all that much, when it comes to finding and prosecuting someone. I could be wrong. From what I understand in some areas, they're deemed pests. If anyone was tracked down, simply saying that the said Kangaroo was on their property and endangering life stock, slap on the wrist, if that.
Maybe, but its a legal requirement to kill any animal, pest included, in the most humane way possible. Some how i don't think shooting a 'roo in the neck with a crossbow or dragging it behind a car would be classed as humane.
Also, i doubt it was on a property where it could endanger livestock, most if not all farmer have acess to a decent gun to kill them or if not they get licenced hunters in to do it.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 01:09 AM   #12
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

While i totally agree the case where they dragged the roo behind the car is way over the top, but in regard to the cross bow i think people are being a little hasty.

As far as i know if you are licensed to own a cross bow and have permission from the property owner its not illegal to hunt roos. I suspect what has happened is someone has shot the roo, but maimed rather than killed it, and the roo has got away before they were able to shoot it again and or catch it to finish it off.

I dont think these cross bow bolts are super cheap and suspect whomever shot it would rather a kill and the bolt back in his possesion rather than a roo getting about like it is, creating all this drama.

Again the dragging incident is not on, but i suspect the cross bow one is an unfortunate happening of which i'm sure the perpetrator did not intend.
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 01:16 AM   #13
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloid
While i totally agree the case where they dragged the roo behind the car is way over the top, but in regard to the cross bow i think people are being a little hasty.

As far as i know if you are licensed to own a cross bow and have permission from the property owner its not illegal to hunt roos. I suspect what has happened is someone has shot the roo, but maimed rather than killed it, and the roo has got away before they were able to shoot it again and or catch it to finish it off.

I dont think these cross bow bolts are super cheap and suspect whomever shot it would rather a kill and the bolt back in his possesion rather than a roo getting about like it is, creating all this drama.

Again the dragging incident is not on, but i suspect the cross bow one is an unfortunate happening of which i'm sure the perpetrator did not intend.
agreed.
Some farmers can get licences to shoot a certain amount of roo's every year. Only the fact is that they are pests and can destroy what ever they are farming, which is fair enough in my opinion, because they would be very difficult to catch. But only killed if it is done in a very quick and painless way.

But dragging one behind a car, not cool. They should see how it feels to be towed behind a car..
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 01:17 AM   #14
gtfpv
GT

I'M NOT SUCH an innocent prince . but i think people who get off on killing animals , really is disturbing , and the number of people who getr an adrenalin rush doing it
SCARE ME . i went shooting once , and shot dead a kangaroo, my friend said to me , can you feel the rush . the only thing i felt was tears . i vowed never to touch a gun again . have no interest in them , and dont know how people can kill animals for sport , with guns , or thrills with anything .
it really is disturbing !!!!!
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #15
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1183
Maybe, but its a legal requirement to kill any animal, pest included, in the most humane way possible. Some how i don't think shooting a 'roo in the neck with a crossbow or dragging it behind a car would be classed as humane.
Also, i doubt it was on a property where it could endanger livestock, most if not all farmer have acess to a decent gun to kill them or if not they get licenced hunters in to do it.
I agree. Human conflict tells you that arrows mame more than swiftly kill. Trying to kill a roo with an arrow is akin to using a small shell 0.22 rifle. The general shooting rule we were taught on the farm was not to take a shot unless there was a high probability of a quick dispatch and we had to use a .243. I can't conceive that archery has more than a low probability.

GTFPV, in a way you are correct, doing it for kicks is worrying. but culling is a necessary evil to keep numbers down to natural levels in grain belts. Apart form the economic reality, one bad season and the population can't be sustained and thousands cruely die of hunger and thirst.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #16
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Society is in a sick sick condition right now.

No words can describe the anger and sadness I feel all at once.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #17
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
I'M NOT SUCH an innocent prince . but i think people who get off on killing animals , really is disturbing , and the number of people who getr an adrenalin rush doing it
SCARE ME . i went shooting once , and shot dead a kangaroo, my friend said to me , can you feel the rush . the only thing i felt was tears . i vowed never to touch a gun again . have no interest in them , and dont know how people can kill animals for sport , with guns , or thrills with anything .
I remember as a lad going rabbit shooting with my dad for food. We always ate what we killed. We never did this for sport. I havent touched a gun since. This was 15 years ago.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 11:44 AM   #18
2fishingdogs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been on a mates property hunting different animals from hares to deer. These animals cause problems for his stock. But I can't bring myself to shooting a wallaby or roo ( which is what he wants gone ). I have tracked down a feral dog that I shot and Injuried because I don't like to see the animals suffer. Anyone who hunts should make the kill as humane as possible, and by chance it's, not track it down and finish what you have started.
Pest or not, No animal deserves to be tortured. We don't let it happen to people so why the hell as a community would we allow it to animals. And there has been studies done that show that people who do this kind of think usually upgrade to humans.

2004 BA MKI Tradesman Ute 1 tonner in Vibe
Tinted windows, Alloy scuff plates.
The rest is still stock as a rock
www.bseries.com.au/2fishingdogs

2fishingdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #19
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I agree. Human conflict tells you that arrows mame more than swiftly kill. Trying to kill a roo with an arrow is akin to using a small shell 0.22 rifle. The general shooting rule we were taught on the farm was not to take a shot unless there was a high probability of a quick dispatch and we had to use a .243. I can't conceive that archery has more than a low probability.

GTFPV, in a way you are correct, doing it for kicks is worrying. but culling is a necessary evil to keep numbers down to natural levels in grain belts. Apart form the economic reality, one bad season and the population can't be sustained and thousands cruely die of hunger and thirst.
i know that WALLY . THANKS FOR CLARIFYING . IT'S DIFFERANT WHEN IT IS NECESSARY.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #20
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
actually archery is more lethal then a gun to be quite honest with you, depending on distance

a good bow and arrow is lethal up to 350-400 meters

one of the new style of cam based bows will see you shoot an arrow at over 320 to 350+ feet per sec, the arrow being a larger surface area means that it is heavier as well which means it will penetrate further.

an arrow can actually go thru a bullet proof vest at the same distance that it would stop a bullet

with the bit about arrows maim more rather then kill, like the bullet just depends where your hit with it
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #21
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-car do gooder
I'M NOT SUCH an innocent prince . but i think people who get off on powerful modified cars , really is disturbing , and the number of people who getr an adrenalin rush doing it SCARE ME . i went cruising to a track once , and raced another car, my friend said to me , can you feel the rush . the only thing i felt was wee in my pants . i vowed never to drive a powerful modified car again . have no interest in them , and dont know how people can drive fast for sport , with powerful modified road cars , or thrills with anything . it really is disturbing !
Did it ever occur to you that not all people are the same and what you enjoy and think is normal is not the same as everyone else?

Are you more or less in favour of banning hunting as a sport and removing guns from people who do not need them for work reasons than Harold Scruby is in favour of banning amateur motor sport and removing performance cars from people who do not need them for work reasons?

I don't hunt anymore and have not done so for over 20 years but I do not believe that just because I am no longer interested in it that others should not do it either because maybe other do gooder idiots may want to stop my enjoyment because they think it is anti social or deviant......

As far as the idiots described in post 1, they are to the hunting community what macca's car park street racers are to the car enthusiest community.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #22
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was always under the assumption that killing by arrow/bolt is more humane then killing with a gun as it will pierce to kill rather than blow a great freakin hole in the animal to bleed to death from ??

the cruelty to animals is very wrong.. but the hunting of pests is fine in my eyes.. it is after all a sustainable leisure activity if done along the lines of the law etc(more so than motorsport or cars as we consume petrol which is not replaceable.

different strokes for different folks
Old 06-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #23
smasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR

This makes me feel sick to the stomach! I have 3 dogs of my own and CAN NOT fathom how this can be done - childern or not!

BA XR8 Silhouette Ute
Premium Sound
BPR CAI
Highflow Cats
Cat back + rear muffler removed
Custom tune (HP) by Chris BPR
DBA's + Bendix Ultimates

230.6 rwkw!

!NO HEADERS!

Mods to come (on a budget) -
Tripod and gagues
Lowered
Oil Pump Gears
Diff Ratio Change (3.7s?)
Underdrives
DF / Pacemaker headers?
Cams?
Sunroof

~Soon to be a weekender~
smasht is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #24
MustangNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1183
100% correct. Being a competitive target shooter and collector myself, and having done some hunting I'm disgusted that some people can do this sort of thing. He/She sounds like a junior serial killer in the making - one of ivan milats mates :

Pitty we don't have the gass chamber any more
MustangNut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #25
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
actually archery is more lethal then a gun to be quite honest with you, depending on distance

one of the new style of cam based bows will see you shoot an arrow at over 320 to 350+ feet per sec, the arrow being a larger surface area means that it is heavier as well which means it will penetrate further.

an arrow can actually go thru a bullet proof vest at the same distance that it would stop a bullet

with the bit about arrows maim more rather then kill, like the bullet just depends where your hit with it
You ever seen what a 243 does to a roo?
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #26
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s

an arrow can actually go threw a bullet proof vest at the same distance that it would stop a bullet

Go hunting with a 80LB longbow (solid wood) and see how much damage it can do to a wild boar compared to a .223 rifle, a 120gr wooden shaft with a 4 blade (replaceable razor blades) hunting head will do more damage then the bullet, and you always go for a side on shot with an animal.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:55 AM   #27
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You ever seen what a 243 does to a roo?

lol yeah i have. i was just pointing out that over a certain distance a bow an arrow can be just as deadly as a bullet thats all...
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #28
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Did it ever occur to you that not all people are the same and what you enjoy and think is normal is not the same as everyone else?

Are you more or less in favour of banning hunting as a sport and removing guns from people who do not need them for work reasons than Harold Scruby is in favour of banning amateur motor sport and removing performance cars from people who do not need them for work reasons?

I don't hunt anymore and have not done so for over 20 years but I do not believe that just because I am no longer interested in it that others should not do it either because maybe other do gooder idiots may want to stop my enjoyment because they think it is anti social or deviant......

As far as the idiots described in post 1, they are to the hunting community what macca's car park street racers are to the car enthusiest community.

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaa.
thanks for cheering up my night, LOL. flappist I AWAYS ENJOY YOUR REPLIES TO MY POSTS . YOUR SO BLUNT with your perspective .
i have many friends who enjoy hunting . i just dont. one of them is into dynamyte , ( licenced) and he actually enjoys blowing up dead goats !!!!. he has his own land too. . not my thing at all. still a nice bloke , but a little concerning.

flappist we must catch up and have a beer one day. but i bet we'd dissagree on what to drink.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:48 AM   #29
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Quote:
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaa.
thanks for cheering up my night, LOL. flappist I AWAYS ENJOY YOUR REPLIES TO MY POSTS . YOUR SO BLUNT with your perspective .
i have many friends who enjoy hunting . i just dont. one of them is into dynamyte , ( licenced) and he actually enjoys blowing up dead goats !!!!. he has his own land too. . not my thing at all. still a nice bloke , but a little concerning.

flappist we must catch up and have a beer one day. but i bet we'd dissagree on what to drink.
You cant honestly be surprised that you got a bite? Whether you admit to it or not your post was always going rile someone up, or more likely some people, it seems that only flappist chose to respond. Having mates who enjoy hunting doesent make your first post any less condescending.
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 02:05 AM   #30
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloid
You cant honestly be surprised that you got a bite? Whether you admit to it or not your post was always going rile someone up, or more likely some people, it seems that only flappist chose to respond. Having mates who enjoy hunting doesent make your first post any less condescending.
well that 1st post is my opinion. people are entitled to reply. doesnt change what i think.