Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
Krakey
love thy ford

Default water wasters!

i have come home for the weekend to my parents place and our neighbors are 'exclusive brethren' or whatever they call themselves basically a religious cult who constantly waste water in every way possible. they have a bore that they basically drain so they don't get the council knocking at their door. today is the last straw though, i look outside and they have sprinklers going that not only is in the biggest drought we have seen but on one of the hottest days on record! the water is hardly even hitting the ground before it evaporates! i am asking if anyone knows of anything i can do to stop them being so selfish and arrogant. is there any regulations stating how much and when u can use the water? anything the council can do about it? any help would be muchly appreciated to stop these scum.

Krakey

Old 07-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

If its there bore so they can drain it to there little brethren's hearts content unfortunatley.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
_CRUZ_
Ford Owner

yea true if its bore, you under any water restrictions for town supply now ? We are not on the Gold coast.

Oh and don't go water raging them like what happend to that poor old man, that was sad.

if its bore water itll smell or be brown prolly.
_CRUZ_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
rodderz

pretty silly if they water during the day, the water heats up and burns the grass/plants!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
FrogInASock
Getahaircutandgetarealjob

Go over there and give their lawn a nice watering with glycophosphate (sp?) one night. In a week or less they will have no use for sprinklers.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

We got water restrictions for bore users in WA. We get one extra day a week to water instead of the usual 2 days for scheme users. All other restrictions apply the same.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #7
Krakey
love thy ford

yea we dont have any restrictions on bore water which is stupid. gonna go give them a burn when they get back from church or wherever.

Krakey
Old 07-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #8
3vXT

Pee in their mail box?
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #9
Cookie-XR8
SKID IT

or blow it up? lol

BF XR6T Ute - 422rwhp tuned by FPT Toowoomba

Where the boost junkies hang out -Forced Ford Forums
Cookie-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #10
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Install a tv aerial while they sleep?
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #11
hannem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32

That's hilarious.

Cheers
hannem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #12
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Instead of winging about "water wasters" have a go at the government that has not and will not build more dams. Five buckets half full is better than three buckets half full.

And building pipe lines to take water from stressed rivers is a great idea, as is building a power hungry desalination plant. As if the power grid isn't under enough stress. Think of the carbon footprint as a result of this great idea.

What a joke.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 11:53 PM   #13
hannem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME
Instead of winging about "water wasters" have a go at the government that has not and will not build more dams. Five buckets half full is better than three buckets half full.

And building pipe lines to take water from stressed rivers is a great idea, as is building a power hungry desalination plant. As if the power grid isn't under enough stress. Think of the carbon footprint as a result of this great idea.

What a joke.

It's funny that you say that, one time I was listening to the radio and they were talking about building more dams. A person rang up and said that it was a ridiculous idea as the ones we have are not even full so what is the use of building more.

I actually laughed out loud at the radio.
hannem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #14
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannem
It's funny that you say that, one time I was listening to the radio and they were talking about building more dams. A person rang up and said that it was a ridiculous idea as the ones we have are not even full so what is the use of building more.

I actually laughed out loud at the radio.
I hear you. Its like the idiots that complained when a road was lowerd under a bridge to allow high vehicles to pass through.

"Whats the point of lowering the road, its the top of the vehicle that hits the bridge".
:
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 04:54 AM   #15
IDT
Marko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakey
i have come home for the weekend to my parents place and our neighbors are 'exclusive brethren' or whatever they call themselves basically a religious cult who constantly waste water in every way possible. they have a bore that they basically drain so they don't get the council knocking at their door. today is the last straw though, i look outside and they have sprinklers going that not only is in the biggest drought we have seen but on one of the hottest days on record! the water is hardly even hitting the ground before it evaporates! i am asking if anyone knows of anything i can do to stop them being so selfish and arrogant. is there any regulations stating how much and when u can use the water? anything the council can do about it? any help would be muchly appreciated to stop these scum.

Krakey
In WA Bore water is restricted exactly the same as mains. The rules are the same. So when its restricted watering days/times it applies to both. You can easily check with your councils website.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #16
prydey
Rob

people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #17
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
Don't see how that applies here...

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #18
Karnage
Finger Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakey

Krakey
Are you serious? Whats next having a go at guys who organise a cruise?
"what can I do about these idiots they are filling there cars up with premium unleaded (a deminishing resource) just to go for a drive, they aren't even going shopping!"

I would have thought the purpose of spending a fair amount of money on sinking bores/installing water tanks and pumps etc was so that you could use said water however you wish? Granted watering a lawn in the middle of the day isn't smart, but isn't it their perogative?
Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #19
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Don't see how that applies here...
if you want to pick on a neighbour for breaking a law then you should make sure you don't break any laws yourself first.

too many people are so quick to throw stones without realising their own backyard (no pun) is not exactly squeaky clean.

i'm not saying the original poster isn't a law abiding citizen as i don't know him but its a little petty to say the least.

domestic water use contributes so little to the water shortage its not funny. its just another way the govt can tax the public.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #20
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
if you want to pick on a neighbour for breaking a law then you should make sure you don't break any laws yourself first.

too many people are so quick to throw stones without realising their own backyard (no pun) is not exactly squeaky clean.

i'm not saying the original poster isn't a law abiding citizen as i don't know him but its a little petty to say the least.

domestic water use contributes so little to the water shortage its not funny. its just another way the govt can tax the public.
finally, some common sense

i prefer to get my house in order before squealing on someone or taking the law into my own hands
no one is innocent - some are just more guilty than others
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #21
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

And the devils advocates appear...
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 01:38 PM   #22
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Reminds me of this incident a while ago:
http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/...e_manslaughter
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #23
gtfpv
GT

i kinda hate the council more for wanting money because they have BORE water.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #24
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #25
InTrail

Water restrictions???

I wish it would stop bloody raining - 1292mm in Cairns already this year.
It's depressing to see photos of the "garden" state, when our roads and spillways are awash.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #26
BlackLS
yum

Quote:

Me = enlightened.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post