Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 31-10-2007, 10:57 PM   #1
nitroman
nitroman

Default Shooting

Any shooters out there? I've recently bought a new CZ.223 and have been out busting hares,foxes and 'roos. And having a ball! The drought is hurting our farmers and the last thing they need is vermin eating their precious crops. Hunting is a decent family sport as much as fishing is that should be kept alive for future generations.

GASGAS 400 enduro.
Honda hr192 mower
Old 31-10-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Yeah I only just sent away to renew my licence, havn't been shooting in ages though.
Old 31-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #3
nitroman
nitroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
Yeah I only just sent away to renew my licence, havn't been shooting in ages though.
Good onya, keep the licence and keep the dream alive!
GASGAS 400 enduro.
Honda hr192 mower
Old 31-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #4
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep don't mind a weekend away with a mate doing a bit of shooting.
I will say I don't like shooting roos but will do it on my cousins farm as there are hundreds of them.
I love fox shooting, cunning little fookers.
I have a BSA 222 reemed to a 223 because I had a Ruger mini 14 in .223 but had to hand it in along with my pumpy, thankyou very much Mr Bryant you murdering sonfab- itch.
So I kept all the ammo I had for the ruger, converted my 222 and away I go.
I like antiques too, inherited a beautiful side by side of my great grandfather, its a 8ml rifle one side and shotgun the other side, German craftsmanship, can't beat it.
Used to have a WW2 german machine gun my Pop captured in Crete, but when the new laws came in I handed it into the Army Museum, wasn't prepared to go to prison over that one.
Don't get to go shooting much anymore, too many family comittments but one day soon will go out for a yippee shoot I hope.
Old 31-10-2007, 11:25 PM   #5
nitroman
nitroman

I've been into a bit of clay pidgeon shooting lately too. A mate and i went halves in a clay thrower and welded up a stand for it. We throw clays off the verandah of his farmhouse every other weekend. It's great fun!
GASGAS 400 enduro.
Honda hr192 mower
Old 31-10-2007, 11:56 PM   #6
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Hey Nitro
A Passion of mine since an 8/yo ( 1st Air Rifle ) Dad said "Teach you Safety & Proper use of Firearms Early". He was very strict . Still got the Air Rifle & also Grandfathers D/B Shotty (Damascus barrels), doth too worn to use now .

Current Useable ones

Mossberg .22 Mag. (need to see Greg Armstrong at the Council for a few Adjustments)
Lee Enfield .303 SMLE (built 1908) still in great condition , Been through 2 Wars , foxes seem allergic to it & nothing much left of Rabbits to eat , Lol .

All 4 fully licenced . (Will give you a ring .)

Norm

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
Old 01-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #7
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Lee Enfield .303 SMLE (built 1908) still in great condition , Been through 2 Wars , foxes seem allergic to it & nothing much left of Rabbits to eat , Lol .
*drool* would be awesome if u put some pics up? or would that be a foolish move on a public forum?
Old 01-11-2007, 07:36 PM   #8
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guns are baaaaddd mm'kay.......
Old 01-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #9
scoupedy

I just drove from Adelaide to Brisvegus and there was heaps of goats around Cobar...go get them
Old 01-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #10
Electric XY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate , i have not been shooting in about 5 years,but we have had some good times in cobar, shooting and up at the ox
Old 01-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #11
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
I have a BSA 222 reemed to a 223 because I had a Ruger mini 14 in .223 but had to hand it in along with my pumpy, thankyou very much Mr Bryant you murdering sonfab- itch.
You may think this is conspiracy theory but I read somewhere that Bryant didn't kill anyone, he had an IQ of 66 and was considered incompetent. I doubt someone like him could get off 19 head shots on moving targets...

Apparently he was a patsy for 2 Mossad agents (Israeli Secret Service) who did the dirty work in order for Howard to make his point about the dangers of auto rifles and then have them banned...

Personally I think everyone over 18 should be trained in the use of firearms from sidearms to auto-rifles (5.56, 7.62mm)...and then be allowed to keep these weapons at home in a safe. Have a look at Switzerland, every male over 18 is required to keep a rifle at home.

It is a God given right that we are allowed to protect our person's and property from all threats, whether it's a street gang or the Fed's breaking down your doors without an arrest warrant...

In the US, they are pushing hard to take the 2nd Ammendment right's away from people because they you can't have a Police State when the local Citizenry is armed to the teeth...in Texas there is an average of 4 guns per household!!

Anyways, that's my view, we have a shooting range here in Belmont (Lone Ranges) and I've been there a few times, fired the Glock 17 and the H&K USP45...loved it, it's great fun...I would love to shoot the H&K G36K's and the M4's...2 of my favourite 5.56mm rifles...

I may actually apply for license soon and get me a Glock 19 or maybe a USP 40cal...if Howard doesn't ban pistols aswell that is!!

I just watched this doco on the history channel about the Kalashnikov AK-47 and it's origins...that gun will go down in history as one of the greatest firearms ever...simple to use, you don't have to clean it and it packs a punch although the Russians have switched to the 5.45mm round...

Okay rant over.

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Old 01-11-2007, 09:36 PM   #12
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8
You may think this is conspiracy theory but I read somewhere that Bryant didn't kill anyone, he had an IQ of 66 and was considered incompetent. I doubt someone like him could get off 19 head shots on moving targets...

Apparently he was a patsy for 2 Mossad agents (Israeli Secret Service) who did the dirty work in order for Howard to make his point about the dangers of auto rifles and then have them banned...

Personally I think everyone over 18 should be trained in the use of firearms from sidearms to auto-rifles (5.56, 7.62mm)...and then be allowed to keep these weapons at home in a safe. Have a look at Switzerland, every male over 18 is required to keep a rifle at home.

It is a God given right that we are allowed to protect our person's and property from all threats, whether it's a street gang or the Fed's breaking down your doors without an arrest warrant...

In the US, they are pushing hard to take the 2nd Ammendment right's away from people because they you can't have a Police State when the local Citizenry is armed to the teeth...in Texas there is an average of 4 guns per household!!

Anyways, that's my view, we have a shooting range here in Belmont (Lone Ranges) and I've been there a few times, fired the Glock 17 and the H&K USP45...loved it, it's great fun...I would love to shoot the H&K G36K's and the M4's...2 of my favourite 5.56mm rifles...

I may actually apply for license soon and get me a Glock 19 or maybe a USP 40cal...if Howard doesn't ban pistols aswell that is!!

I just watched this doco on the history channel about the Kalashnikov AK-47 and it's origins...that gun will go down in history as one of the greatest firearms ever...simple to use, you don't have to clean it and it packs a punch although the Russians have switched to the 5.45mm round...

Okay rant over.
1) Bryant did do it. I know the guy who sold him the AR15 as well as some who were there.
2) Switzerland is a nice place but has a totally different culture. e.g. Hoon laws are simple, you hoon you lose your licence for LIFE, first offence. Like that law?
3) Having owned and used more firearms than you have had beers I can tell you that you are much more likely to die if you are armed and it requires YEARS of practice to be remotely competent.
4) Glock 19 is restricted from pistol club ownership, only 17A, 17L, 31 and 34 are allowed. (exception IHMSA but you need a very strong case) USP likewise.
5) If you want to play Rambo go to USA or Asia and pay for play. It is cheaper, safer and will keep you out of jail.

But all that said, my gun hand in compensation was $176,000 so although I liked my toys, I like money more.

Maintain the rage brother......
Old 01-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #13
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gun hand compensation??
Old 01-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #14
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
gun hand compensation??
In 1997 the Federal Government banned some types of firearms from private ownership and payed compensation to the owners.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #15
3vXT

Quote:
You may think this is conspiracy theory...
You've got my number
Old 01-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #16
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they gave you $176k to take away a few of your guns, When i break my arm and wrist at school because the ups didnt read the damn OH&S manual and only get $18k?? those fckers!!
Old 01-11-2007, 09:50 PM   #17
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

But all that said, my gun hand in compensation was $176,000 so although I liked my toys, I like money more.

Maintain the rage brother......
Easy way to make a small fortune . Good on ya.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:58 PM   #18
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
2) Switzerland is a nice place but has a totally different culture. e.g. Hoon laws are simple, you hoon you lose your licence for LIFE, first offence. Like that law?
Yeh I've heard about the hoon laws over there, they let you keep a gun at home but they don't tolerate any kind of speeding...that makes perfect sense... :

Quote:
3) Having owned and used more firearms than you have had beers I can tell you that you are much more likely to die if you are armed and it requires YEARS of practice to be remotely competent.
That's true, gun education is VERY important but imagine if Australian's were allowed to apply for concealed carry permits, the crime rate would be almost non-existent because everyone's packing heat, no robbery's, no mugging's, and best of all, you feel safe when you go out in the streets, if you look at the statistics in the US where gun control has been applied the crime rate actually went up instead of down!!...

Quote:
4) Glock 19 is restricted from pistol club ownership, only 17A, 17L, 31 and 34 are allowed. (exception IHMSA but you need a very strong case) USP likewise.
Really!!...geez you'd think the Glock 19 would be allowed as it only holds 15rnds, what about the Beretta 9mm's??...is it still a 6mth waiting period??

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Old 01-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #19
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Okay, maaybe a little off topic but anyways...have a quick read, this excert was written by Joe Vialls (Journalist) about why he believed Bryant wasn't the shooter. He lived here in Carine, Western Australia until his death in 2005...

“We are going to see a mass shooting in Tasmania...unless we get national gun control laws.”
-- Roland Brown, Chairman of the Coalition for Gun Control, uttered on "A Current Affair with Ray Martin", March 1996

At 1.30 p.m. on Sunday 28 April 1996, an unknown professional combat shooter opened fire in the Broad Arrow Cafe at Port Arthur in Tasmania, Australia. In less than a minute 20 people lay dead, 19 of them killed with single high-velocity shots to the head fired from the right hip of the fast-moving shooter.

In less than thirty minutes at six separate crime scenes, 35 people were shot dead, another 22 wounded, and two cars stopped with a total of only 64 bullets. A moving Daihatsu 4WD driven by Linda White was crippled by a “Beirut Triple”, normally reserved for dead-blocking Islamic terrorists driving primed car bombs around the Lebanon.

One sighting shot, a second to disable the driver, and a third to stop the engine before the primed car bomb can hit its target and explode. Very few people know of this technique, and only a handful of experts can master it with only three bullets.

This awesome display of combat marksmanship was blamed on an intellectually impaired young man called Martin Bryant, who had no shooting or military experience at all. As the book "Deadly Deception at Port Arthur" proves in absolute scientific terms, Bryant killed no-one at Port Arthur.

Joe Vialls. See footnote at the end of this article.

Judge for yourselves...

Old 01-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #20
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
*drool* would be awesome if u put some pics up? or would that be a foolish move on a public forum?
Hi SgtBourne,
No Probs , I checked with Admin originally , As long as I display my Current Licence here (expiry 2008) :-

Complete set-up 2 x Bandoleers , 20 original Clips (5 rounds ea) for quick loading & Rifle ( Bolt & Magazine separate) :-

Don't know if you can read it , but the build date is on the metal strap around the stock .

This one is an English build , (British Small Arms Co) , they were also built in a number of factories in England , India and of course Lithgow Australia.

Gun cabinet has been Inspected by Police and exceeds current Regulations

Norm

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
Old 02-11-2007, 01:16 AM   #21
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Okay, maaybe a little off topic but anyways...have a quick read, this excert was written by Joe Vialls (Journalist) about why he believed Bryant wasn't the shooter. He lived here in Carine, Western Australia until his death in 2005...

“We are going to see a mass shooting in Tasmania...unless we get national gun control laws.”
-- Roland Brown, Chairman of the Coalition for Gun Control, uttered on "A Current Affair with Ray Martin", March 1996

At 1.30 p.m. on Sunday 28 April 1996, an unknown professional combat shooter opened fire in the Broad Arrow Cafe at Port Arthur in Tasmania, Australia. In less than a minute 20 people lay dead, 19 of them killed with single high-velocity shots to the head fired from the right hip of the fast-moving shooter.

In less than thirty minutes at six separate crime scenes, 35 people were shot dead, another 22 wounded, and two cars stopped with a total of only 64 bullets. A moving Daihatsu 4WD driven by Linda White was crippled by a “Beirut Triple”, normally reserved for dead-blocking Islamic terrorists driving primed car bombs around the Lebanon.

One sighting shot, a second to disable the driver, and a third to stop the engine before the primed car bomb can hit its target and explode. Very few people know of this technique, and only a handful of experts can master it with only three bullets.

This awesome display of combat marksmanship was blamed on an intellectually impaired young man called Martin Bryant, who had no shooting or military experience at all. As the book "Deadly Deception at Port Arthur" proves in absolute scientific terms, Bryant killed no-one at Port Arthur.

Joe Vialls. See footnote at the end of this article.

Judge for yourselves...
The reason he killed so many people is because the gutless dog walked right up to them as they were cowering behind trees, tables, cars etc.
It's not like they were a long way away or running, they were practically point blank.
It was him alright, because they got him in a house with the guns as he tried to burn it down, pity the fooker didn't burn slowly with it, hope he rots in hell for a long long time.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:59 AM   #22
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used to have a minors permit in my teens (dad got me into it). Started with an air-rifle, then a .22, .303 and an SKS Semi-Auto assualt rifle. Unfortunalty this was the same gun used in the Strathfield shooting, and was shortly banned - we had to hand that one in. At the same time all the tough new licensing laws came in and I didn't get my full license - so now looking to get it again (just have to find the time).
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #23
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I am a recreational shooter and firearms enthusiast, especially with historical military type firearms. From black powder to todays firearms I have a go at them all. A challenging and fun hobby, but like cars, costs way too much to do to often.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #24
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroman
Any shooters out there? I've recently bought a new CZ.223 and have been out busting hares,foxes and 'roos. And having a ball! The drought is hurting our farmers and the last thing they need is vermin eating their precious crops. Hunting is a decent family sport as much as fishing is that should be kept alive for future generations.
are you trying to convince us or your self?

Dont get me wrong I'm not anti shooting but put simply blood sports arnt my bag

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 02-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #25
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by normxb
Hi SgtBourne,
No Probs , I checked with Admin originally , As long as I display my Current Licence here (expiry 2008) :-

Complete set-up 2 x Bandoleers , 20 original Clips (5 rounds ea) for quick loading & Rifle ( Bolt & Magazine separate) :-

Don't know if you can read it , but the build date is on the metal strap around the stock .

This one is an English build , (British Small Arms Co) , they were also built in a number of factories in England , India and of course Lithgow Australia.

Norm
Norm

Nice SMLE and a real early one at that. Best bolt action battle rifle ever, far greater rate of fire than the Mauser.
Small correction, BSA stands for "Birmingham Small Arms" not British.

Steve
Old 02-11-2007, 12:11 PM   #26
woodsy109

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
are you trying to convince us or your self?

Dont get me wrong I'm not anti shooting but put simply blood sports arnt my bag
Most people shooting rabbits and foxes don't do it because it's a blood sport, for them its a job. It is nessesary to eradicate these pests so that our native animals have any hope of staying alive in the future.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #27
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by normxb
Hi SgtBourne,

Norm
dude, thats awesome!! thanks heaps for posting the pictures! i've always wanted to handle one of them in real life
Old 02-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #28
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoupedy
I just drove from Adelaide to Brisvegus and there was heaps of goats around Cobar...go get them
Heaps of goats on my place,and I mean heaps,cant even make a dent in the population,pigs are a little scarce though..
Old 02-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #29
weenie

Good to see a few fellow shooter/hunters on a car enthusiast site. Just goes to show, they are normal people of all occupations & walks of life that enjoy the sport.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:15 PM   #30
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME
Norm

Nice SMLE and a real early one at that. Best bolt action battle rifle ever, far greater rate of fire than the Mauser.
Small correction, BSA stands for "Birmingham Small Arms" not British.

Steve
Well apart from the weak rear locking action, rimmed cartridge, extremely short site radius and varying twist in the rifling.
Closed Thread