Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-11-2005, 11:31 AM   #1
bhaymes
Starter Motor

Default AU side mirror replacement

Got a replacement passenger side mirror....Anyone know the right way to get the old one off?.....Probably simple, but I don't want to go klutzing around with a screwdiver if I don't know what I'm doing!....Cheers...Bruce

bhaymes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2005, 07:28 PM   #2
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Easy, just ease off the triangular plastic cover on the inside of the door behind the mirror. Undo three screws, and you're done.

***Warning***. Use a magnetised screw driver, and/or be careful the screws don't fall inside the door, particularly when fitting the new mirror. I've dropped two of the suckers down there, where they will stay until I can be bothered pulling the door trim off.

BTW, you might want to think about swapping the back of the old mirror with your (probably) unpainted replacement. Saves having to get the new one painted. Do this before you fit the new one BUT be careful with the clips, and make sure they are the same before you pull the back off either mirror. The clips on my after-market mirror are in different locations to the OEM one, and hence I couldn't do the swap over. Also, the clips are fragile, so be careful that you don't bend them too much.

Last edited by Abacus; 05-11-2005 at 07:36 PM.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2005, 11:41 AM   #3
bhaymes
Starter Motor

Thanks for the info Abacus....Bruce
bhaymes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2005, 02:35 PM   #4
GTHOXR8

Abacus's tip about the magnetized screw driver is spot on. Done this myself, very simple. Use a bit of blu tac if you don't have a magnetized screwdriver.
GTHOXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post