Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-01-2020, 01:07 PM   #1
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
My lawn is brown and crunchy .... its not lawn anymore.
Normally lush green though.

Its killing me
Its time to look away and forget about it.
I feel sorry for all the lawn care guys out there.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2020, 07:32 PM   #2
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Its time to look away and forget about it.
I feel sorry for all the lawn care guys out there.
Whilst most of my clients lawns are irrigated, some are not and it certainly leaves a mark on the weekly budget. I certainly feel for those that would be hurting business wise due to the lack of rain.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2020, 08:37 AM   #3
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Whilst most of my clients lawns are irrigated, some are not and it certainly leaves a mark on the weekly budget. I certainly feel for those that would be hurting business wise due to the lack of rain.
Do you have any real estate maintenance contracts as part of your business ?

One of the chaps here has an agency that retains him to regularly maintain unsold blocks and properties.

I understand contracts can be a bit problematic . first hand experience on that when Rod's Lawns St. Marys , me , had one in 1995-to 1997 .

I got a sub contract from Jim's Mowing to maintain about 20 local Telstra sites . Once I did an induction course on security related matters directly with Telstra and signed off on spray licence requirements with Jims Mowing contractor as well as , relevant public liability and business name registrations and such I took on the sub contract and had to work to a strict schedule .

It was great to start with but after a few months I had gutter repair and cleaning , non flush toilet can replacements in remote locations, basic building maintenance and other stuff added with no increase in the rates .

I fitted in about 40 regular private customers and the occasional periodical customers in amongst that .

When it came time to re negotiate with the Jim's Mowing contractor from Devonport I found it a tough task to get anywhere with a few extra bucks but about that time I picked up a part time job at our High School from 7am to 11.30 am each day .

I'd get home by midday , gobble down some lunch , load the ute and head off up to 70 kms for some Telstra jobs , tick off a set lot of duties and often wouldn't get home to 7pm especially if you could get two or three closeby Telstra sites done in the one trip..

Eventually I finished the second contract time and found out another person recently retired was interested so I let it go .

Not sure I'd ever want to go through that again , negotiating contracts .

Last edited by roddy1960; 04-01-2020 at 08:43 AM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: