Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-01-2005, 01:57 PM   #31
MR_SIDO
you'd be popular too.....

Discovery: Alot of the price difference in employee pricing comes down to dealer delivery charges, but however the trade figure has a larger impact for instance one dealer may have the trade already sold so he could pay more for it. But you are right, selling means refferals and if you sell to an employee and you treat them right, they will tell their whole family. Refferals = repeat business.
Old 17-01-2005, 02:06 PM   #32
250 PURSUIT
CRAZY TYPHOON DRIVER

Default ford dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang
I to am a dealer and would like to know how many of you are entitled to the Ford Employee Discount.....and why the people who are entitled to the discount seem to be the most unhappiest, ungratefull customers around.You should all be gratefull that you save the tens of thousands that you do, but no, the majority of you all seem to be taking it a little bit to much for granted.
Maybe we should organise to have the Employee discounting programme abolished so you all pay RETAIL and have to negotiate like all the other hard working Australians out there who are gratefull for every red cent that they can save.
Come on people, take a long hard look at the situation and realise just how lucky you are next time you walk into a Ford dealership and think that the world and FORD owe you everything! :jab:
I get ford discount aswell i have been the happiest customer with the dealers
i deal with strapp and bayfords have been the best,
if i have a problem with the car thet fix it straight away no questions asked except do you need a loan car, but i have been to 2 dealers in nth subs of melb that will not get my sales for new cars only beacause there service was shitfull one of them lied about the price the other would not let me demo a gt.

In the last 2 years i have brought 4 cars myself and i have put 5 cars through sathis and jackie at strapp and i will keep doing so.

Cheers

Hilly

Last edited by 250 PURSUIT; 17-01-2005 at 02:07 PM.
250 PURSUIT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 02:07 PM   #33
Discovery
"Jlywrslr" ;)

Absolutely Mr Sido, and those I bring will tell their friends.. and on and on

Must say I have been extrememly happy with the deals I have managed to get so far.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 07:14 PM   #34
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

I went to Central ford in kilmore to buy my AU2 Pursuit Ute, my mates cousin is the dealer principal there. I did all the negotiating on the phone, and knew exactly what i wanted before i rang them, i saved about $2k for a 240 kilometre round trip to pick it up.

I wished i could of had it serviced by them, but the distance was the killer for me.
I had it serviced at Etheridge in Ringwood and they have been good to me so far.

I called Central Ford when i was looking to update, they gave me a quote on a BA XR8 ute with the lot, 18's, leather, hard cover, premium brakes, etc etc....in about October
2003, it was STILL $13k cheaper than the Black manual Pursuit they had on the showroom floor, i couldnt justify the extra $13k for the Pursuit.

I was getting my 6 stacker replaced for the 4th time in January last year at Etheridge in Vermont and decided to go and dribble on the Blueprint Pursuit they had on the showroom floor, i got talking to the salesman, he then got the dealer principle involved and we came to a mutual agreement on price and trade in, seeing that it was old stock (july '03).

Not in my wildest dreams would i have paid for what they wanted originally for it, and when i go to update it i will definately shop around.