Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Rear AU IRS Wheel Bearings are stuffed

I'm starting to regret buying a car that is nearly 10 years old.

So... this loud banging noise accompanied by a scraping metal ensures, I panic, pull over, inspect the car.

Nothing out of the ordinary, drive off, after a while the noise goes away. As we pull up at home all you can smell is burning break pads and the wheel is as hot as my old High school Computer teacher :

Took the wheel off this morning as well as the caliper and rotors, only to find I can wiggle the hub a good 10 - 20mm and the caliper has been scraping on the rotor due to the misalignment.

NO ONE will quote me a price to get this fixed over the phone the minute I tell them it is IRS and autobahn reckon its 40 bucks per wheel bearing per side, however I've been told there is more than one bearing per side.... i've been able to find almost nothing on the subject and any help is appreciated.

grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post