Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-12-2008, 11:19 PM   #1
jcat58

Default lx focus front brakes

need some advice about removing calipers front rotors,and replacing pads thanks if u can help. i noticed there is also a slight lip on outside of rotors.suggestions

jcat58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2008, 01:22 AM   #2
BlackLS
yum

Before I start; brakes are something you shouldn't really mess with, especially if your asking about how to remove the simplest brakes in the world. I'd get a mechanic friend to overlook your work if your adament on DIY.

If your on the original Focus brakes, if your pads are going, your rotors are about due as well. Replace both at the same time. The lip is pretty normal with brakes, they require the disc to be machined. But I'd say the front rotors would be on legal thickness at the moment so replacement time.

Make sure you only do 1 corner at a time and watch the brake fluid bottle. The front brakes are the normal push in caliper pin syle, but the rear pin is a screw in type.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post