Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #1
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: USA Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
And now I hear that 'protestors' have been going through a homeless camp in LA targeting the white homeless, burning their tents and mattresses.

Any empathy I had for this issue just vapourised.
It appears that is their goal, to get viewers (voters) disconnected with the underlying cause! It happened yesterday.
https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/01/riote...-hear-anguish/

The US gov is blaming Antifa for all this violent chaos. But how do you know?
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/w...xNmYJO44sKhubE

Seen this?
https://twitter.com/S247Ro/status/12...195138048?s=20

Best thing is move aside all the noise, opinions and propaganda. Have a listen and read from the black community... Jamie Foxx, Michael Jordan, Lebron James, the majors, the governors. Or a bit closer to home, Nic Nat, Buddy Franklin. Apparently Chad Wingard is so upset with the media coverage, with suggestions that Australia doesn't have the similar problems, that he is refusing all media interviews with mainstream channels.

Last edited by T3rminator; 03-06-2020 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:39 PM   #2
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp
Where were all the protests in the USA when the Police shot and killed an Australian women not that long ago.
The cop was black, while the victim was white. That's not even a story in the USA.

Imagine if the roles were reversed. More riots.

You do have to shake your head when the majority of the crime in the US is caused by black people, and then they wonder why the cops target them. But playing the victim is easy I guess.

They really are their own worst enemies. But it's easier to blame the white people than better yourself.
4 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 09:12 PM   #3
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
The cop was black, while the victim was white. That's not even a story in the USA.
And the cop got 12 years inside. A year before that a white cop (with an hispanic name) shot a black man and walked. That's when the riots started. Blacks are doing a lot to help themselves; one made it to be president even. But the right spent years trying to delegitimise him by making claims about his nationality. One moron even sent investigators to Hawaii to get his birth certificate.

Not denying there are real problems in black communities. But helping them help themselves might be a better idea than waving a confederate flag to let them know you support those who fought to keep slavery.
4 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2020, 07:30 AM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post

Not denying there are real problems in black communities. But helping them help themselves might be a better idea than waving a confederate flag to let them know you support those who fought to keep slavery.
Yes, this topic is way more complicated than some people are making it out to be. Walk a mile in their shoes.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 10:57 PM   #5
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about the 77 year old black guy defending his jewellery shop from looters, shot dead.
Wonder if the shooter was wearing a Black Lives Matter Tshirt.
Nobody see the irony in this scenario.
6 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 11:24 PM   #6
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
How about the 77 year old black guy defending his jewellery shop from looters, shot dead.
Nothing surprising there; we already know the US has a high crime rate, the most people in jail of any developed nation, a screwed justice system, no decent health or welfare, an insane gun culture and incredible levels of inequality. Years of warmongering corrupt leadership has left them with crippling debt and generations of their young men permanently damaged by their experiences.

I'm surprised the riots are as small as they are.
5 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2020, 12:09 AM   #7
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Post the video.

The Project
73 XB GS Fairmont Coupe K-Code.
This user likes this post:
Old 04-06-2020, 07:38 AM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Throw in having 38M unemployed in a country like the USA that treats it's people like **** without healthcare, virtually no social programs and a population of working poor who've been locked up in their homes because of a global pandemic that was wrecking havock.

I'd say you'd be pretty upset with life so when the opportunity to cause **** with a low likelihood of being caught shows its head people will start looting and smashing **** up to feel like they're getting one up on 'the man'.

Sprinkle in the second amendment and what a recipe you've got for a footlong **** sandwich.

The same thing has happened in the past and it'll continue into the future because meaningful change takes effort and costs money.

BLM is a great cause and all but when are people going to look at all aspects of cultural issues in the USA that are leading to this problem and divide? Means you need to do more than look at the convenient half the story and do more than posting black squares on social media.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:00 AM   #9
superyob
Banned

BLM, like many social 'justice' groups, all come from the same source; Marxist agitators and their powerful backers. They are all stamped with the same agenda; anti Western civilisation. The followers are too stupid to grasp the fact that revolutions always eat their own. None of these groups exist to benefit anybody but those who want absolute power...
Old 04-06-2020, 10:36 AM   #10
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Language warning:

Old 04-06-2020, 12:50 PM   #11
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That first young black kid in the video from Coupeking is a very enlightened young man.
Good for him on calling out his own that are making it worse.
Hope he doesn't get flogged for it, he speaks the truth.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:28 PM   #12
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Covid, China, US Riots, all have one thing in common, people will believe what they expect.

For every 1 of those videos recently posted, there are probably 10-20 with the opposing view. So who is right? Who is wrong? Dunno.

PS. Looks like I was wrong about Europe. Its starting to break out in London and Paris

Last edited by T3rminator; 04-06-2020 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:46 PM   #13
marty351
Shenanigans..............

And good on the second man for calling out the establishment.
The moment Trump won the election, ranks were closed and the petty global elite have done nothing but try to re-establish the status quo. And since all this riot/loot/protest crap began, msm have been repainting the pictures of the past three years with such bias that you would think Murica is about to plunge into civil war with a one party outcome, and sacrificing their first amendment rights to do it.
In the last several days, the world has watched the greatest democracy be eroded to a simple hive mind, all thanks the the msms constant anti-Trump brainwashing efforts.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:01 PM   #14
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any legal experts here?

They initially charged the cop with 3rd degree murder, but has since upgraded it to 2nd degree. The family of George Floyd wants 1st degree (I think?). If they upgrade the charge, and can't prove he is guilty of the more serious graded charge, can they re-charge him at the lower level? Or does he walk free if found not guilty the first time?

Not sure if this is old news or what (or whether even if its fact), but I just read that they found Meth and Fentanyl in his system. And now Covid added. All this might put enough doubt in the jury's mind, especially if he is charged as the higher level. There is a real possibility he may walk?

mmmmmm
Old 04-06-2020, 05:09 PM   #15
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Not sure if this is old news or what (or whether even if its fact), but I just read that they found Meth and Fentanyl in his system. And now Covid added. All this might put enough doubt in the jury's mind, especially if he is charged as the higher level. There is a real possibility he may walk?
Based on the Covid, Meth and Fentanyl it’s going to be a tall order for any prosecutor to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it was solely the positioning of the officers knee that killed Mr Floyd, my prediction is a manslaughter charge and more mass riots.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:03 PM   #16
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
Based on the Covid, Meth and Fentanyl it’s going to be a tall order for any prosecutor to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it was solely the positioning of the officers knee that killed Mr Floyd, my prediction is a manslaughter charge and more mass riots.
Quite possible.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:08 PM   #17
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No, that's double jeopardy, can't be tried twice for same offence.
The higher charge is just to appease the masses.
Come trial the defence and the public prosecutors office will cut a deal if he pleads guilty to lesser charge.
For murder one they have to prove intent to kill, and that could be hard unless he said something like, "I don't care if you can't breath, hope you die".
2 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2020, 08:56 PM   #18
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
No, that's double jeopardy, can't be tried twice for same offence.
The higher charge is just to appease the masses.
Come trial the defence and the public prosecutors office will cut a deal if he pleads guilty to lesser charge.
For murder one they have to prove intent to kill, and that could be hard unless he said something like, "I don't care if you can't breath, hope you die".
I don't believe that is correct.

You can be found not guilty of a higher offence but still guilty of a lower offence if the elements are proven.

But yes if found not guilty first up of any offence without new evidence etc then yes double jeopardy applies.

1st degree definitely no chance based on what I've read I agree.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:23 PM   #19
MercuryT
Banned

It's a difficult one with USA Police and brutality.

Is it the Police that are naturally too aggressive, or is it the people they deal with that makes them that way?

Don't get me wrong, some of the vision is appalling and completely unacceptable, I just don't think it's a coincidence compared to more peaceful countries. (as in too much aggression both ways)
Old 04-06-2020, 10:30 PM   #20
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
It's a difficult one with USA Police and brutality.

Is it the Police that are naturally too aggressive, or is it the people they deal with that makes them that way?

Don't get me wrong, some of the vision is appalling and completely unacceptable, I just don't think it's a coincidence compared to more peaceful countries. (as in too much aggression both ways)
Lots of issues there; I would be surprised if any other country had as many veterans in their police force. And the US is the only developed country without a public health system Most other nations have more generous welfare and family support.... and gun laws.

Education may be a factor; I don't know of any other country where 50% of the population believes the world is only 6000 years old and two of every species would fit on a wooden boat for forty days.

I don't want to come across as a total anti US nut; (I'll wear the anti Trump label because I can back it with evidence) most Americans I have met have been genuinely great people. But the country as a whole; you couldn't pay me enough to move there.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:53 PM   #21
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Watch at your own peril.

https://centipedenation.com/transmis...loyd-protests/
Old 04-06-2020, 11:02 PM   #22
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
What is in there that I cannot unsee CK???
Old 04-06-2020, 11:20 PM   #23
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Group bashing’s, coward punches, attacking unarmed people with weapons, kicking people in the head who are already on the ground, running people over with cars and trucks. Just all the normal stuff that happens in the greatest country in the world.

Last edited by Ben73; 04-06-2020 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:37 PM   #24
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Then don't.

But if you do, you have a fail-safe. I'll send you a shower pic.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:47 AM   #25
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Then don't.

But if you do, you have a fail-safe. I'll send you a shower pic.
Shower pic please...

Wait! It's not Franco is it???
2 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #26
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
4 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #27
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Why the feck would Melbourne allow a “BLM” protest (expecting 40,000) to go ahead tomorrow?
After all the lockdowns, the restrictions, the social distancing... And they’re going to let this crap go ahead??..
These bloody “professional protesters” that are behind every conceivable “worthy” cause on the planet all fairdinkum need kneeling on the neck themselves!
Thoughts go out to the poor cops that’ll have to police this thing!
Wanta really make a name for yourself Dan Andrews?
Fire hose the feckin lot of them!!!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 05-06-2020, 12:10 PM   #28
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Why the feck would Melbourne allow a “BLM” protest (expecting 40,000) to go ahead tomorrow?
After all the lockdowns, the restrictions, the social distancing... And they’re going to let this crap go ahead??..
These bloody “professional protesters” that are behind every conceivable “worthy” cause on the planet all fairdinkum need kneeling on the neck themselves!
Lol who is going to stop them? It's a losing battle. The vic gov will just try to control it. To prevent it would only escalate the situation, and give cause to more Dictator Dan bashing. Can't win.
I sincerely hope there isnt going to be 40,000 twits gathering and destroying all the hard work done.
Sydney already had one, they are going to have a second.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:34 PM   #29
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
#GeorgeFloydChallenge

Was car 1AM on a Thursday and get social distancing fine, attend 40,000 strong protest and get free pass

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 05-06-2020 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:34 PM   #30
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

How bout ALL public transport in Melbourne shut down tomorrow??
If they still turn out.... Fire hose em, as previous!

Word also is, infections are escalating in Melb CBD? Ain’t that reason enough for the dills to cancel??
(If not.... Firehose!)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread