Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Castor Bushes Need Replacing is this true??

Hi just wondering what is the go.

I just bought a new car the other week it is a 2002 wagon with only 83,000km on the clock. The front end allignment was clearly out as it was wearing the outside of the front left a lot.

Just got it re alligned at tyrepower and they have told me after doing this that is needs new castor bushes. They also said that pedders sell them for "about $300". Apparently the standard ones aren't continuous where as the pedders ones are.

Any help would be much appreciated, Rhys.

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe refering to camber castor kits, usualy about 250 fitted

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

The car was toeing in a little to much to have that wear. I'd imagine it would have been in the area of 5 to 10MM toe in, if it was just the left front. Generally they're between 2 and 3MM toe in. Good chance it hasn't been aligned for a while.

Why did they align the car if those bushes are surposedly stuffed? I'd be back asking for my money back. It's rather obvious they just wanted your money and nothing more.

It is quite possible those bushes need replacing. The only real way to tell if they are stuffed, is to physcially check them. That's not something that can be done via the net.
And no they're not a camber caster kit, as some one referred to them. They are a bush that is under the radiator support panel, that is within the lower control arm assembley.
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh i think i will certainly be questioning why they did the allignment knowing the bushes are apparently stuffed (They have always been very good to date) . I have had a look at these what i thought they were reffering to (lower control arm under the radiator). I have had the car on stands and yet i still am struggling to see the bushes full stop let alone being able to determine whether they are stuffed or not.

I think i will take the car down to my local pedders as this is what they do and aks them to have a look.

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post