Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default BA BF 6 cyl front brakes onto AUII?

Just curious, has anyone tried this combo of 6 cyl front BA BF calipers, rotors onto AUII XR6? I have only worked on non XR BA BF's so I am unaware of the finer details of BA BF brake variations. Have tried a search but nothing so far.
cheers
Bill.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #2
justa6
justa6

will bolt straight on
justa6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

HMMM search feature why bother making it work when tards cant even use it!!!

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudgE^SIKBRO
That's a bit rough!

Using the Term "BA brakes" in the Search this forum area, I got a list of results, one of which is:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ight=BA+brakes
Enjoy the reading.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #5
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudgE^SIKBRO
Did I butt into any of your posts when you were asking for help with your AU headunit questions??? Go and troll someone elses posts!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #6
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks JC, I used different search terms so I didn't pick that thread up, some good info in that link
cheers
Bill.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #7
AU3XSR
First time Falconless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M
Just curious, has anyone tried this combo of 6 cyl front BA BF calipers, rotors onto AUII XR6? I have only worked on non XR BA BF's so I am unaware of the finer details of BA BF brake variations. Have tried a search but nothing so far.
cheers
Bill.
I've got B series XR calipers & rotors fitted to my AU3 SR. They are a straight bolt up fitment...

Previous:-
2012 Fiesta Metal | 2001 AU2 XR6 | 1994 EF Fairmont | 2010 FG XR50 Ute | 2006 BF Typhoon | 2002 AU3 SR
AU3XSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #8
5LGhiaWgn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
That's a bit rough!
I think its fair, im pretty sure there is even details in one of the stickys in this section. I managed to find the info to convert my AU1 to BF XR calipers and rotors with out posting it up in a new thread....
5LGhiaWgn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #9
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm terribly sorry for unbalancing the equilibrium with my repost, truly! If some of you have nothing better to do than have a slag off to build your post count then I pity you.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #10
5LGhiaWgn
Banned

yeah im such a post whore, any ways they bolt straight up to a AUII/III end of convo, lock useless repost
5LGhiaWgn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #11
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LGhiaWgn
yeah im such a post whore, any ways they bolt straight up to a AUII/III end of convo, lock useless repost
Mate, you need to chill a bit. I've been here awhile, so I sort of know where you're coming from, but if we all answered "seemingly similar" posts the way you did, we would not really attract any new members would we? I think I've seen similar subjects posted numerous times, but I answer the post where I can - either with a direct answer, or a link to the similar post; it doesn't really hurt anyone!

AFAIK, there are plenty of posts about upgrading AU1 suspension to fit AU2 brakes, and in there somewhere is info about using BA or BF brakes instead of the AU2 ones, but that doesn't necessarily make it obvious that BA brakes will bolt straight up to an AU 2 or AU3. I mean, you can assume, but then that's where things can start to go wrong! In this case, it is a safe assumption, but if I was contemplating doing that, I'd ask the specific question anyway, just to be sure.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #12
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LGhiaWgn
Did you actually bother to check the stickies on au brakes? They were coming up as not found see site admin!
Man! your EEG is flatline!
Old 07-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
but I answer the post where I can - either with a direct answer, or a link to the similar post; it doesn't really hurt anyone!
...and therein lies the point of a discussion forum.

I betchya just about everything anyone ever wanted to know about AU's has been covered so not really any reason to post anything.

I enjoy the interaction in here and wouldn't really like to see it turned into a faq page. But I'll readily admit that I don't know everything and in any case, I'm a social kinda guy ;)
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post