Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #21
badasgof
Starter Motor

Default Re: Odd oil leak!

As Mik has posted I had the same prob and there are stickies as to where to start and what to do I followed these and hay presto no more leaks.
I started by cleaning as said above and then removed the fans power steering pump and the bolt that holds the power steering pump passes through the timing cover and is just below the timing chain tensionier you can do all of this in one hit and it is not hard use silicone to seal do the centre bolt as well. Also the gasket that runs on the top of the timing chain cover can be sealed by the following clean along the gasket line with a fast drying cleaner(break cleaner) wait until dry with a tissue and Loctite 290 (wickin) run it along the gasket line to the intake manifold wait for it to dry and repeat without the cleaner this will seep in and reseal the gasket it took me about 2 and a bit hours to do.

Working on your Ford is like wetting your self in a dark suit it
gives a warm sense of feeling that others dont under stand.
badasgof is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post